All ticket/travel information thread - 2023/24 edition - Please be careful purchasing tickets

Stretty1980

Club have also said that they don't expect all supporters who apply to be successful.
I got that email, how can that be?? Do we know the number of Silver and above ST holders? Surely that is no more than 30,000, plus had to buy ALL cup games, plus had a semi ticket?? Does anyone know the numbers that are actually eligible or at least how many Silver plus ST holders there are?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I got that email, how can that be?? Do we know the number of Silver and above ST holders? Surely that is no more than 30,000, plus had to buy ALL cup games, plus had a semi ticket?? Does anyone know the numbers that are actually eligible or at least how many Silver plus ST holders there are?
There were more tickets available for the semi than we get for the final

The vast majority will still get a ticket I assume

K Stand Knut

Could be. Would suspect they would give you a similar class of seat (price point).
But looking at what’s available, you could go online and see what’s free before calling them. Armed with what seat you would like.
They’ve opened up the forwarding system since I posted my first message so I could forward it to anyone.

Don’t think TRA are happy about it thoigh

Okey

So, a member ticket I downloaded for the Newcastle game is now saying 'Expired' in my wallet App. I downloaded it again and it's saying the same. Anyone know what this means please?
NB: I don't use the United App

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
It’s supposed to be face value only. At one time the title said no touting. Used to be a bannable offence too.
Still is a bannable offence if the sale is above face value I believe.

If anyone is offered a ticket above face value they should a) refuse and b) report it.

If anyone is offered a ticket above face value they should a) refuse and b) report it.
I checked with Admin I haven’t done anything wrong, the tickets I’m selling are face value. They are on the more expensive side as they are not standard tickets.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I checked with Admin I haven’t done anything wrong, the tickets I’m selling are face value. They are on the more expensive side as they are not standard tickets.
I know :)

I wasn't having a go at you - sorry if it sounded as if I was. Just saying the rules still apply.

Red00012

That’s all well and good but My mate was sold a dud and he doesn’t go too often so I said I’d report it as he wasn’t bothered about it . I rang the TO explained my story and they basically said we don’t deal with this send an email to this address and send screenshots of conversations , ticket , payments etc. I ended up having a rant at the guy at the TO saying ye want to stop touting but no one in the TO wants to know about it just send an poxy email. I ended up leaving it off .

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
That’s all well and good but My mate was sold a dud and he doesn’t go too often so I said I’d report it as he wasn’t bothered about it . I rang the TO explained my story and they basically said we don’t deal with this send an email to this address and send screenshots of conversations , ticket , payments etc. I ended up having a rant at the guy at the TO saying ye want to stop touting but no one in the TO wants to know about it just send an poxy email. I ended up leaving it off .
I meant report if someone is trying to get over face value on here. Or does the wrong thing. But in the end try to buy tickets privately and sooner or later you will get dudded. And the Caf's position is to be as careful as possible and https://www.redcafe.net/threads/all...reful-purchasing-tickets.463569/post-27388320

To be fair to the TO here, it just sounds like they have a specific email address to resolve issues like this and require proof before any action can be taken.
They obviously can’t just take some blokes word for it over the phone?

Red00012

To be fair to the TO here, it just sounds like they have a specific email address to resolve issues like this and require proof before any action can be taken.
They obviously can’t just take some blokes word for it over the phone?
I’d no issue sending on relevant info but to just be dismissed over the phone and be told send a email isn’t good enough. Surely they can nominate one member of staff who deals with this take relevant info and then I can email the proof. Just felt like they didn’t care over the phone as I spent 3/4 mins explaining the story without him interrupting me

I’d no issue sending on relevant info but to just be dismissed over the phone and be told send a email isn’t good enough. Surely they can nominate one member of staff who deals with this take relevant info and then I can email the proof. Just felt like they didn’t care over the phone as I spent 3/4 mins explaining the story without him interrupting me
I get you want the personal contact but from a legal standpoint it makes sense to ask for all correspondence to be sent digitally. Ultimately they would need to make a decision to strip a season ticket holder of their seat with zero refund.
This could happen after the first game of the season meaning they spent 1000 quid for one game.

As a poster said here the other day, they sold their extra ticket to a guy on facebook only to discover that the person sat next to them wasn’t the same person, leading them to suspect the facebook person maybe touted their ticket.
In order for the club to make any decision and find who is at fault, they’ll need a full paper trail.