All ticket/travel information thread - 2023/24 edition - Please be careful purchasing tickets

Mepp

I'll take a late Coventry single if for somehow anyone can't make it

Last edited:

Jordi

Not a ticketing question but what are the thoughts on best pub for pre match around Wembley tomorrow?

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Am I the only one slightly surprised that Sheffield United tickets have not gone to general sale at this point?

Remember the geese

I prefer to prioritise a decent pint over busy crowds and shit beer. You'll get enough atmosphere in the ground. I'm off to The Southampton Arms, near Gospel Oak Station.

Anthony133

I was going to suggest Moore spice
A short stagger to the ground and a decent pint..
Until I read about the cockroach infestation in the kitchen

maybethisyear

It was flat when we were pissing it and then toxic when we made a bollocks of it - bizarre day out.
We need to make the atmosphere better. In old trafford too.

Music warming up.

Maybe some fans playing drums or something?

Somebody gotta get the crowd going.

Prawn sandwiches and all that...

JB7

We need to make the atmosphere better. In old trafford too.

Music warming up.

Maybe some fans playing drums or something?

Somebody gotta get the crowd going.

Prawn sandwiches and all that...
This is a pisstake right?!

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
No atmosphere at all, everyone sat down, loads of people watching from the concourse, nightmare to get home, toilets were three inches deep in piss. Rubbish day out
I was in the concourse until the 57th minute, had absolutely no idea the second half had started - it was packed in there :lol:

TenOuttaTenHag

Am I the only one slightly surprised that Sheffield United tickets have not gone to general sale at this point?
Some amount of tickets available still, even SE tickets.

Speaks volumes imo. I know there has just been an expensive trip to Wembley, I know there is a home game at the week end too, and appreciate it’s Sheffield United. But still.

JB7

No atmosphere at all, everyone sat down, loads of people watching from the concourse, nightmare to get home, toilets were three inches deep in piss. Rubbish day out
Where were you? I didn't see anyone sat down to be honest and noise-wise Wembley is always shit because you get loads of little groups trying to start songs and others look at you like you've got two heads. The club aren't interested in making it any better in terms of properly grouping like-minded people together either so we're stuck with it as it is.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Some amount of tickets available still, even SE tickets.

Speaks volumes imo. I know there has just been an expensive trip to Wembley, I know there is a home game at the week end too, and appreciate it’s Sheffield United. But still.
We have had tickets as available as this for end of season home games for years when we are playing for nothing.

cbmufc

They were miles more up for it, could tell on Wembley way. Smoke bombs the lot, only saw about 5 of them all day not in colours. Our lot were a bit exasperated to even be there, we aren't unique in that. Tough ground as well to get anything going but we have in the past, that was particularly bad yesterday.

Concourse rammed while the game going on amuses me, we always do that. Got in my seat early yesterday and raised a smile when 10 minutes before the game the Coventry end rammed and our end half empty with everyone shelling beers on the concourse. Same into the second half, we are proper concourse singers. Also it's impressive how quick we can empty out as well - when it looks done the place empties so quick. No hanging about we are off :D

Reactions: Rood

mark_a

Horrendous, how do you mean exactly? Saw alot of empty seats on TV in the middle section at least. Were people priced out?
It could partly be that they will stipulated that only those getting tickets for all the home FA Cup games and the semi can apply for final tickets, so you'' end up with folks who maybe can't make the semi getting tickets & not going. Seems crazy, but I bet that happened.

mark_a

Where were you? I didn't see anyone sat down to be honest and noise-wise Wembley is always shit because you get loads of little groups trying to start songs and others look at you like you've got two heads. The club aren't interested in making it any better in terms of properly grouping like-minded people together either so we're stuck with it as it is.
The piss bit is worth remembering when all the "new ground" chat kicks off. Surely they realise that a large number of folks will want to buy drinks and piss in a small window of time? Just design the ground around that or don't bother!

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Wembley is shit and the team is in a right state. This is our fourth trip in just over 12 months and we have another two in the next month for both FA Cup finals. Nobody gets much out of it once the novelty of your first visit, or first visit for a while, has worn off, or unless you leave with silverware.

The views in the stadium are great, but the atmosphere will likely always remain dire, unless there was a fundamental overhaul to seating arrangements and fan groups could influence the match build up.

If anyone is interested in hospitality tickets for the below games, please PM
UK based only

Arsenal vs Chelsea
Manchester United vs Sheffield United
Aston Villa vs Chelsea

TenOuttaTenHag

We have had tickets as available as this for end of season home games for years when we are playing for nothing.
not towards the end of last season there wasn’t (for league games).

League games always well subscribed. Europa League and Cup Games granted.

JB7

They were miles more up for it, could tell on Wembley way. Smoke bombs the lot, only saw about 5 of them all day not in colours. Our lot were a bit exasperated to even be there, we aren't unique in that. Tough ground as well to get anything going but we have in the past, that was particularly bad yesterday.

Concourse rammed while the game going on amuses me, we always do that. Got in my seat early yesterday and raised a smile when 10 minutes before the game the Coventry end rammed and our end half empty with everyone shelling beers on the concourse. Same into the second half, we are proper concourse singers. Also it's impressive how quick we can empty out as well - when it looks done the place empties so quick. No hanging about we are off :D
They were fecking silent for about 85 minutes. Waving shite plastic flags and all of them wearing their "colours" doesn't make an atmosphere. Not saying our end was great but let's not pretend they were anything other than shite either.

Gavinb33

You get that at Wembley people there for the day out and too many patches of supporters trying to get something going always been the case, my bit everyone was stood.

Yeah there were about 6 or 7 of us in our bit but no one else joins in it dies out pretty quickly at Wembley

Utd heap

Models for Coin.

I thought Coventry were rubbish until 'nearly' the greatest FA cup comeback of all time naturally got them going -= then it was loud as feck.

cbmufc

They were fecking silent for about 85 minutes. Waving shite plastic flags and all of them wearing their "colours" doesn't make an atmosphere. Not saying our end was great but let's not pretend they were anything other than shite either.
I'm on about outside as well, walking up Wembley way was all of them having a ball whilst us just walking up - them wearing colors exacerbated that. I'm not really bothered, was to be expected.

Both sides were loud first 10, then it was bang average but after they scored they were miles louder. And extra time they were louder, they had one or 2 songs they properly belted out whereas we had a moment before pens and made a racket during. They were the better of the two but again that was wholly expected.

Honestly I think generally we alright at Wembley, inside and out but yesterday was pretty flat. Happens - turn up for the final now

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Coventry end looked beautiful on telly though. Then the cameras panned to the United end - too cool for school :lol: I did wonder why Coventry fans were singing Take me Home, United Road though.

Anyway just had a text message from the ticket office telling me about the tickets for Sheffield still being on sale. Haven't seen that kind of reminder in a while. Still taking about official members though.

cbmufc

I thought Coventry were rubbish until 'nearly' the greatest FA cup comeback of all time naturally got them going -= then it was loud as feck.
Yeh after 1 nil till they scored was nothing at all. Impressive goons as well but if they want to delude themselves into thinking they were a wall of noise then good luck to them

Another point, made me laugh the absolute pigs ear we made of that mosaic ffs :D Half the end sticking it up during the sing song before despite the placard saying when the players walk out

Anthony133

Why didn’t united, as they have done in the past, give supporters the chance to buy tickets in a section where singers could be together and not be around people who will sit/stand silently?

Decade long lurker

Never seen the toilets there as bad. 4 deep. Couldn't have a piss at halftime. Lots thought the game was done so were skulling extra pints and weren’t in a rush back up to seats. We’ll piss where we want. We’re man united. We’ piss where we want. That was fun

FirstMatch1991

Did anyone here buy outside yesterday? Hoping to take my son to the final - I’m wondering how much they were