All ticket/travel information thread - 2023/24 edition - Please be careful purchasing tickets

hp88

Biggest issue at Wembley is transport, getting into the ground isn’t a problem as we’re arriving at different times but getting out is a right pain but that’s more to do with the rail infrastructure in the country.
Why didn’t united, as they have done in the past, give supporters the chance to buy tickets in a section where singers could be together and not be around people who will sit/stand silently?
We did but it was shit and you can’t even blame it on the performance as the atmosphere was dead from the start.

K Stand Knut

Tickets homepage
Hover over your name in the top right and click General Info
Scroll to linked accounts
Click manage linked accounts
Click create a relationship
Follow the steps
@JB7

Do you know much more about linked accounts??

I am trying to link a mate as a strong relationship so I can forward my ticket on to him but it says:
‘XXXXX cannot be added to this client group.
Reason: this person is already part of another group of people’

I have managed to add him as a standard relationship but then it says I can’t forward tickets to anyone who isn’t a strong relationship.

hp88

@JB7

I am trying to link a mate as a strong relationship so I can forward my ticket on to him but it says:

I have managed to add him as a standard relationship but then it says I can’t forward tickets to anyone who isn’t a strong relationship.
Had that same error code in the past but that was for a ballot, one of the guys I have a strong relationship with had already applied under another group application.

K Stand Knut

Had that same error code in the past but that was for a ballot, one of the guys I have a strong relationship with had already applied under another group application.
Yeah think that’s why I’ve seen it before but this is definitely not that. I literally just want to forward him my ticket for Saturday.

Having thought about it, I suspect it is because it is a TRA ticket and therefore I am not technically allowed to forward it!

Ober tan

Yeah think that’s why I’ve seen it before but this is definitely not that. I literally just want to forward him my ticket for Saturday.

Having thought about it, I suspect it is because it is a TRA ticket and therefore I am not technically allowed to forward it!
Yeah it won’t let you forward TRA

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Lots of tinfoil hat conspriacy theories on Twitter about United's ticket changes trying to drive out season ticket holders...

JB7

@JB7

Looks like your questions already been answered mate but yeah, to confirm TRA tickets can't be forwarded. Although I'm not sure why it won't let you add the actual strong relationship, I've got a strong relationship with a lad who's in a different TRA group to me so that does seem odd.

K Stand Knut

Looks like your questions already been answered mate but yeah, to confirm TRA tickets can't be forwarded. Although I'm not sure why it won't let you add the actual strong relationship, I've got a strong relationship with a lad who's in a different TRA group to me so that does seem odd.
That’s the least of my concerns now.

It’s fecking daft that I can’t forward the ticket to another lad who is in my fecking group within TRA but just doesn’t have a ticket for the game on Wednesday

EDIT - @JB7 what’s the protocol with my ticket supposed to be then? I thought I could forward it to another TRA member?

hp88

Lots of tinfoil hat conspriacy theories on Twitter about United's ticket changes trying to drive out season ticket holders...
Would say it’s more of a drive to get memberships sold but don’t like the we’re being restricted though with the way to pass on tickets, few occasions like tomorrow where you can’t sell them give them a ways to mates etc..

JB7

It’s fecking daft that I can’t forward the ticket to another lad who is in my fecking group within TRA but just doesn’t have a ticket for the game on Wednesday

EDIT - @JB7 what’s the protocol with my ticket supposed to be then? I thought I could forward it to another TRA member?
I actually don’t know to be honest, I did think you couldn’t forward TRA tickets though. I believe a photo of the QR code works via the app by the way, not a screenshot but taking a picture with another phone.

K Stand Knut

I actually don’t know to be honest, I did think you couldn’t forward TRA tickets though. I believe a photo of the QR code works via the app by the way, not a screenshot but taking a picture with another phone.
Yeah. I did think that.

I’ll sort it.

Thanks mate

Bosws87

It’s definitely a way to increase revenue under the guise of touting.

Well that will be the clubs official line anyway, but I’m sure there’s been numerous examples of people selling on there ticket through the United channels and United raising the price of the seats to executive seating as they have access to a bar.

So they’re just replacing touting with their own method.

Genuine honest fans always the last thought.

TenOuttaTenHag

Can’t forward TRA tickets this, or previous season(s). Will be able to forward TRA tickets to TRA member from next season.

If you ring up the TO, and they take your ticket out of SERS, you can forward it.

TenOuttaTenHag

Would say it’s more of a drive to get memberships sold but don’t like the we’re being restricted though with the way to pass on tickets, few occasions like tomorrow where you can’t sell them give them a ways to mates etc..
United have said, they wholeheartedly believe that there will be more tickets available to members next season due to the new measures.

Let’s hope so, if it means more fans getting to games at the FV of the ticket and not some stupid cost.

Can’t stand touts. Never sold a ticket more than FV even when there was chance to make make a few quid.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I think that is one factor, but ultimately the digitalisation of season tickets has been quite generous. We went from having a plastic card where you physically had to meet people or post it for others to use (despite being against the T&Cs) to being able to forward a ticket digitally to anybody in the world instantly, by creating them a free Supporter ID. That has then changed to be to paid members only, but still with cup tickets people have been able to casually forward on tickets to anybody, as they are one-off QR codes. Ditto for Wembley tickets.

As a result, we basically had the turnover of season tickets drop to near zero after they become digitalised and now supposedly have a waiting list of a decade, when you could pretty much always get one for the next season pre-digitalisation. Even if you can’t go to matches, why would you give up your season ticket now, when they can be passed on with little to no restriction? Season tickets have been a tout’s dream for several years and I hate to think how many are stuck in the wrong hands now.

Even after these changes, I think they will need to eventually limit the number of tickets a season ticket holder can forward or sell back in a season. Season tickets are in the hands of people who have no intention of regularly attending, but either hold them to profit from them or to guarantee them access to the few matches they want to attend. I think most people would agree with the principles that season tickets should be held by regular attendees, not just people who keep renewing them even if they no longer use them for their primary purpose, which is personally attending matches.

My only hope for next season is they open up returns for more cup matches. I’m gonna be stuck with some cup tickets when we cannot get a babysitter and have a tiny pool of members I can forward them to, now I just send the individual cup wallet links to non-members. The system is generally a dream for league matches, Sheffield United aside. Every other league match has gone near instantly through that system (which is why I rarely have to post in this thread)!

Last edited:

Bosws87

The waiting list is nothing but a myth if you follow the procedure put your name down and pester them after season ticket renewals chances are you will be offered a ticket.

If your not willing to take any ticket for a year then take advantage of a seat move that’s a personal choice.

I originally started by taking a restricted view season ticket then moved the following season.

TenOuttaTenHag

Thanks mate but then it’ll be anywhere in the stadium, won’t it?
Could be. Would suspect they would give you a similar class of seat (price point).
But looking at what’s available, you could go online and see what’s free before calling them. Armed with what seat you would like.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
The waiting list is nothing but a myth if you follow the procedure put your name down and pester them after season ticket renewals chances are you will be offered a ticket.

If your not willing to take any ticket for a year then take advantage of a seat move that’s a personal choice.

I originally started by taking a restricted view season ticket then moved the following season.
I'd say this was true until 4/5 years ago personally.

Bosws87

I'd say this was true until 4/5 years ago personally.
Personally found it still works in most places gave my friend the same advice for spurs season ticket who apparently have another stupidly long waiting list.

If you persevere and are on the ball there’s a good chance something will come your way not guaranteed but just putting your name on the waiting list and sitting on your hands waiting for United to contact you, I guarantee people are jumping ahead of you in the so called waiting list.

hp88

They are allowing us to forward tickets to non members for tonight now… changing the rules as it suits them then.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Something dawned on me tonight. Guy I forwarded my spare ticket onto from Facebook is not the guy sat next to me. Looks like he resold it to someone else. Of course, there is nothing to stop him just forwarding the wallet link to someone else, and probably profitably touting the Arsenal match.

Only just clicked why the club are introducing tickets to a single device through the app. Must be loads of season tickets, where each league match is being forwarded to a burner membership, in order to generate individual QR match tickets that can be easily transferred.

They are allowing us to forward tickets to non members for tonight now… changing the rules as it suits them then.
Interesting.

maybethisyear

Something dawned on me tonight. Guy I forwarded my spare ticket onto from Facebook is not the guy sat next to me. Looks like he resold it to someone else. Of course, there is nothing to stop him just forwarding the wallet link to someone else, and probably profitably touting the Arsenal match.

Only just clicked why the club are introducing tickets to a single device through the app. Must be loads of season tickets, where each league match is being forwarded to a burner membership, in order to generate individual QR match tickets that can be easily transferred.
You could ask the guy beside you what happened? Could be a mate of the guy on Facebook!

Interesting scenario you have laid out. Creating a burner membership for each match ticket would require at least a fifty pound mark up to cover that cost of membership and make it profitable at all?

Whatever needs to be done to stop touts and scams sounds good to me.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
You could ask the guy beside you what happened? Could be a mate of the guy on Facebook!

Interesting scenario you have laid out. Creating a burner membership for each match ticket would require at least a fifty pound mark up to cover that cost of membership and make it profitable at all?

Whatever needs to be done to stop touts and scams sounds good to me.
You only need one burner membership at the moment to generate the individual match tickets from a league season ticket. You can just forward matches from a season ticket to a burner membership and this creates 19 individual QR codes. You can then send the individual tickets via Whatsapp or email or whatever. Nobody cares about the name on them.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I’m after 3 together for Burnley if possible. 1adult 2 kids. Long shot I know

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Update on forwarding tickets from Fans’ Forum. We will always be able to sell back to the club or forward to non-members, which sounds very reasonable:

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/takeaways-from-man-utd-fans-forum-meeting-april-2024

We listened to the concerns raised by Forum Reps and have agreed that the increase in the number of games a season ticket must be used will now be phased in by one game per season. This means for the 2024/25 season, season tickets must be used for 15/19 Premier League games. Ticket ‘usage’ includes forwarding to a member, donating to the MU Foundation and selling back to the club for a full refund. If the buy-back option is ever disabled due to too high demand, we will also enable season-ticket holders to forward to non-members via the app. We will keep the data on ticket usage under review – as we still want to ensure all tickets are used each game, allowing fans without season tickets to attend and to help improve the atmosphere – and share with the Forum before next season.

eugegall

FA Cup Final ballot opens tomorrow.

I didn't get an email about this so can only assume they are sticking to the silly rule that If you've sold tickets back to Man Utd for ANY cup games this season you are excluded.

I did just once for the Copenhagen game and somehow I am being penalised for making sure my two tickets aren't left empty.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
FA Cup Final ballot opens tomorrow.

I didn't get an email about this so can only assume they are sticking to the silly rule that If you've sold tickets back to Man Utd for ANY cup games this season you are excluded.

I did just once for the Copenhagen game and somehow I am being penalised for making sure my two tickets aren't left empty.
Are you eligible for aways? Due to reduced allocation, it will only be those who have bought all home cup games, AND are Silver or above (aka, away-eligible members), AND who bought a semi-final ticket who can apply.

For what it is worth, neither me, my wife nor a mate have received an e-mail yet and we all expect to be eligible.

The club did say early on this season that selling back cup games would remove eligibility for aways. You can’t just buy opt-in to cups and then return them for obvious reasons.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Club have also said that they don't expect all supporters who apply to be successful.
They said similar last year and it went to a second round. What they actually have said is that there isn’t enough for all those eligible, but not everybody eligible will apply after all.

eugegall

Are you eligible for aways? Due to reduced allocation, it will only be those who have bought all home cup games, AND are Silver or above (aka, away-eligible members), AND who bought a semi-final ticket who can apply.

For what it is worth, neither me, my wife nor a mate have received an e-mail yet and we all expect to be eligible.

The club did say early on this season that selling back cup games would remove eligibility for aways. You can’t just buy opt-in to cups and then return them for obvious reasons.
I hear what you're saying but it's still frustrating that selling a ticket back removes my eligibility.

I have all cup games signed up for. It's because I sold a single ticket back.

Club have also said that they don't expect all supporters who apply to be successful.
Which I struggle to believe.

34,000 semi final tickets holders are eligible.

Of those who are Silver members, is probably way under the 30,000 allocation due to people giving season tickets back because of covid and those who can't make the final and or just don't want to travel down to watch it.

They already know for a fact there will be a second ballot. Why not just give everyone who applies for ballot 1 a guaranteed ticket, because they know they can.

FirstMatch1991

Looking for 1 adult and 1 child for Arsenal. Chubbed in the 4th straight ballot and I’ve only taken my 10 year old boy 3 times this season so he’s getting withdrawal symptoms. It’s tricky getting games on a weekend as he can’t do midweeks. Any help is appreciated, thanks