All ticket/travel information thread - 2023/24 edition - Please be careful purchasing tickets

cburns2707

Hi all. Lifelong UTD fan who's recently relocated to London... Long shot I know, but if any tickets available for any of the away London games, esp vs West Ham, happy to take off someone's hands!

Also available if 2 tickets become available for any home games. Thanks!!

Schemie

Hello. Looking for either a single or a pair for Newcastle at home on the 11th please.

hp88

Anyone recieved their Saints away tickets?

None of ours have turned up yet so assuming the ticket office have left it late. Dread to think about getting in touch with them when they inevitably don’t arrive in time for some people.
Still waiting on mine

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
How hard are tickets to come by in the Boxing Day-New Years period? Flights from the US are cheap at the moment, and I've been thinking about making the trip to try to go to the matches on December 28 and New Years Day. I know game times can change and extra tickets likely haven't been released yet.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
How hard are tickets to come by in the Boxing Day-New Years period? Flights from the US are cheap at the moment, and I've been thinking about making the trip to try to go to the matches on December 28 and New Years Day. I know game times can change and extra tickets likely haven't been released yet.
If you just need 1 then you will find something

Was thinking that. Probably the only positive from what truly is an absolutely wank system.
If the system works properly then it should be better than before - handing out physical ST cards and getting them back can be a hassle

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
If you just need 1 then you will find something

If the system works properly then it should be better than before - handing out physical ST cards and getting them back can be a hassle
Thanks. It might be a pair, but last time I was able to get a couple in 2019 early season. Just didn't know if they were especially hard to get during the holiday period.

sobolesk

Hi there. I hope that everybody's fine. It's my first post here. I will not be able to attend for home games with Newcastle and Villa. Anybody interested? One ticket per each match.

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
:lol: That’s what I’m thinking as well, this is more or less going to wipe out touting.
Intrigued by this.
How does it do that? When you can just print a ticket off?

The touts probably have 100s of season tickets under their control and will just print them off each game surely?

Not sure how they can buy spares off passing fans, but I dare say just a case of putting buyers in touch with the person who has the spare, taking a cut and watching them wander in together.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I’m thinking of joining the official membership scheme as it says you get priority for tickets.

Does anyone have experience of this? As in, what is the likelihood of getting tickets if you’re a member? Just so I know it’s worth the £35 fee. And also, if just I were a member, would I be able to buy 2 tickets next to each other or only one? Cheers guys!

Robin

I’m thinking of joining the official membership scheme as it says you get priority for tickets.

Does anyone have experience of this? As in, what is the likelihood of getting tickets if you’re a member? Just so I know it’s worth the £35 fee. And also, if just I were a member, would I be able to buy 2 tickets next to each other or only one? Cheers guys!
I think the cheapest membership is the lite which is £20 which allows you to get tickets, but it’s only one ticket per member, obviously it’s a lot easier to get a ticket for Burnley/ Norwich etc rather than City/Liverpool , but also you can just register for a free membership which allows transfer of tickets from a ST holder , but make sure they are trusted as there are lots of scammers about

JB08

I think the cheapest membership is the lite which is £20 which allows you to get tickets, but it’s only one ticket per member, obviously it’s a lot easier to get a ticket for Burnley/ Norwich etc rather than City/Liverpool , but also you can just register for a free membership which allows transfer of tickets from a ST holder , but make sure they are trusted as there are lots of scammers about
Thank you mate. Does ‘one ticket per member’ apply to just the lite membership or the full membership too?

Whatsername

Just to add that for the big games you have to go into a ballot for tickets.

If you want tickets next to each other then you create a network (they’re calling this a relationship now with season tickets so that may also apply to membership) with whoever you want to sit with and do a joint application.

Whatsername

One ticket per member applies to all tiers of membership. Very occasionally they allow members to buy extra tickets for games that aren’t selling well.

JB08

Thank you very much @Whatsername @Robin.

Sounds like the membership is a good idea. It would be great to get to some more games - previously I have only been able to go when a mate was lending his season ticket.

Lenny1810

Thanks. It might be a pair, but last time I was able to get a couple in 2019 early season. Just didn't know if they were especially hard to get during the holiday period.
There will probably be pairs kicking around for the 1st January game, usually hard to get public transport to it. Plus I’d imagine if you buy a couple of lite memberships then you’ll pick up a couple of tickets through that for both games.

My ticket will probably be going spare for the new year game (W202). If struggling to pick up a ticket nearer the time, then give me a shout.

rotherham_red

Anyone recieved their Saints away tickets?

None of ours have turned up yet so assuming the ticket office have left it late. Dread to think about getting in touch with them when they inevitably don’t arrive in time for some people.
Not received mine either but I'm actually trying to cancel them cos a short notice emergency came up. Emailed them yesterday but still haven't had a reply.

Whatsername

Thank you very much @Whatsername @Robin.

Sounds like the membership is a good idea. It would be great to get to some more games - previously I have only been able to go when a mate was lending his season ticket.
@JB08 We had membership for years before committing to season tickets and it worked well for us when circumstances meant that we couldn’t get to many games. From reading on here it seems that they still release a bulk of tickets in the Summer with more batches put on sale throughout the year. I know at one time they went from releasing them a month or so before a game to just putting the entire season on sale in July.

JB08

@JB08 We had membership for years before committing to season tickets and it worked well for us when circumstances meant that we couldn’t get to many games. From reading on here it seems that they still release a bulk of tickets in the Summer with more batches put on sale throughout the year. I know at one time they went from releasing them a month or so before a game to just putting the entire season on sale in July.
That's great thank you mate. Similar circumstances to us.

I was a little confused when I saw that each game had already been 'initially sold' but as you said, they say there will be releases throughout the year. So fingers crossed I will be able to grab a few tickets throughout the year.

I've also 'registered my interest' for the games via email - I'm assuming/hoping this just means they will drop me an email once the ticket batches for each game go on sale :) At least come next July I will be in a better position to grab some tickets early and watch the defending champions!

Norris Cole

Tickets currently available on the official site for the Burnley Game (if you are a member)
Not too many left.
For most home games a lot of tickets become available closer to the time, just keep checking.
Caf members often will have a spare ticket or two, especially those with other commitments around the holidays

Robin

Not received mine either but I'm actually trying to cancel them cos a short notice emergency came up. Emailed them yesterday but still haven't had a reply.
I think you can transfer away tickets to other season ticket holders who were Chubbed in the ballot if you know anyone

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I assume it's doable just to buy 2x"Lite" memberships, so you can easily get 2 together for a few games every so often, and go in with different pals?

Is it as easy as getting both tickets sent to one login online? Or be able to print both off?
Do you need ID for the print offs? Ie, would your mate need to be the same name as the second account you set up?

Whatsername

I know that for season ticket print offs they’ve said that there’ll be random ID checks.
A few years ago I had two lite memberships using my log in but one was in my son’s name, it’d been that way since he was little and years before he had his own email address and it was never a problem but I’m not sure if they’d allow one person to hold two memberships in their name.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
There will probably be pairs kicking around for the 1st January game, usually hard to get public transport to it. Plus I’d imagine if you buy a couple of lite memberships then you’ll pick up a couple of tickets through that for both games.

My ticket will probably be going spare for the new year game (W202). If struggling to pick up a ticket nearer the time, then give me a shout.
Tickets currently available on the official site for the Burnley Game (if you are a member)
Not too many left.
For most home games a lot of tickets become available closer to the time, just keep checking.
Caf members often will have a spare ticket or two, especially those with other commitments around the holidays
Thanks! I might wait a little longer to see what is going on with COVID, but I'll keep an eye on the site as it gets closer.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I know that for season ticket print offs they’ve said that there’ll be random ID checks.
A few years ago I had two lite memberships using my log in but one was in my son’s name, it’d been that way since he was little and years before he had his own email address and it was never a problem but I’m not sure if they’d allow one person to hold two memberships in their name.
Didn't someone have 2 season tickets in their own name, and didn't cause a problem for years, but ended up in him only getting 1 ticket for an FA Cup final, or something?
Think I remember it in the paper?

Sir Alex 1872

Supports
Rangers
Evening All, new member from north of the border. Good start to the season for you guys. Really impressive.

Going to be in town for Newcastle game and was keen to hear what best way of getting a ticket was. Don’t want to pay a tout if at all possible. Only looking for one.

Cheers
SA