All ticket/travel information thread - 2023/24 edition - Please be careful purchasing tickets

hp88

Are we still having to queue up for the security search or have they scrapped that?

Does anyone think it will matter or cause any problems if I have an over 65+ ticket for tomorrow's game even though I am not over 65?
There used to be light that would flash for OAP tickets, doubt anyone will care tomorrow though, reckon they will want all of us in A.S.A.P

CodeRed

Forwarded my season ticket to a mate on the new forwarding season ticket option. I got his email wrong. :annoyed: No way of amending it. I even registered a new person with the correct email as well but as I've already forwarded it, it wont allow me to resend it. Ticket office closed Saturdays and Sundays for phone calls as well :mad:. I've sent a screen shot of my QR code. Hope that's enough for the system to work. If not i guess he's not getting in. What a shambles.

RedDevilLucio

Are we still having to queue up for the security search or have they scrapped that?

There used to be light that would flash for OAP tickets, doubt anyone will care tomorrow though, reckon they will want all of us in A.S.A.P
Can’t see the security wanting 2500 Leeds fans hanging about ages waiting with 72590 reds it’s a riot waiting to happen

hp88

Forwarded my season ticket to a mate on the new forwarding season ticket option. I got his email wrong. :annoyed: No way of amending it. I even registered a new person with the correct email as well but as I've already forwarded it, it wont allow me to resend it. Ticket office closed Saturdays and Sundays for phone calls as well :mad:. I've sent a screen shot of my QR code. Hope that's enough for the system to work. If not i guess he's not getting in. What a shambles.
Just text / whatsapp them the QR code, it's the easiest way of doing it if you know them.

NextSeason

From the banks of the Irwell, to Sicily..
Ticket office are closed forever for phone calls now mate. You can only text or email them now.

I can't see your season ticket QR code working now that you've forwarded it otherwise that's a big system fault. I would email tickets@manutd.co.uk with "URGENT: Leeds ticket issue" in your subject and all the details in the body. I've managed to get 3 ticket forwards sorted this week through that but it was because they never came through rather than using the wrong email address. Worth a try though.

ForeverARed

Bit last minute but I’ve got my season ticket available for the game tomorrow not going to be able to make it. W3103 Stretford End Anyone?

CodeRed

Ticket office are closed forever for phone calls now mate. You can only text or email them now.

I can't see your season ticket QR code working now that you've forwarded it otherwise that's a big system fault. I would email tickets@manutd.co.uk with "URGENT: Leeds ticket issue" in your subject and all the details in the body. I've managed to get 3 ticket forwards sorted this week through that but it was because they never came through rather than using the wrong email address. Worth a try though.
Thanks for that and a good shout. I've emailed them. I've also told my mate go straight to the ticket office if they don't email him with some id. He has a copy of the forwarding ticket email from my behalf, so hopefully he'll get sorted.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything

Surely, even if the email has been forwarded the QR code should still work?

A lot of people have forwarded the QR code by email or Whatsapp. There will be an annoyance at the turnstiles if the system has an issue.

Last edited:

redrudders

Looking for two tickets to the Crystal Palace game on 4th December, or if anyone can advise on ways to get them? Had a look on the site but all singles. I know people recommend checking in the weeks running up to the game, but would rather secure them early to avoid being mugged off by last minute train prices
Sent you a message

NextSeason

There'll be

Surely, even if the email has been forwarded the QR code should still work?

A lot of people have forwarded the QR code by email or Whatsapp. There will be an annoyance at the turnstiles if the system has an issue.
If people have just forwarded their season ticket QR code, that will be fine I'm sure unless you get a jobsworth at the turnstile checking IDs but I doubt they can afford do that today with it being the first PL game and an early KO.

I'm talking specifically about when people have used the ticket forwarding function on the United website - this generates a unique QR code for one game and it is sent (or meant to be :mad:) directly to the recipient. Once you've done this, I can't see how your normal season ticket QR code can still work. If it does, ticket scanners are essentially accepting two different tickets for the same seat which could cause carnage this season with overcrowding. Unless the system can somehow recognise two different tickets and deactivate the other after one is scanned - I really doubt United could pull off such sophistication. :lol:

@CodeRed I hope your mate manages to sort the ticket forward out but if not, you'll have to let us know whether your season ticket QR code works!

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I like the ticket forwarding system. Just done it to two non-members.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Still looking for 4 for the Newcastle game. Can be seated separately, and will obviously take a smaller number from multiple people happily.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
If people have just forwarded their season ticket QR code, that will be fine I'm sure unless you get a jobsworth at the turnstile checking IDs but I doubt they can afford do that today with it being the first PL game and an early KO.

I'm talking specifically about when people have used the ticket forwarding function on the United website - this generates a unique QR code for one game and it is sent (or meant to be :mad:) directly to the recipient. Once you've done this, I can't see how your normal season ticket QR code can still work. If it does, ticket scanners are essentially accepting two different tickets for the same seat which could cause carnage this season with overcrowding. Unless the system can somehow recognise two different tickets and deactivate the other after one is scanned - I really doubt United could pull off such sophistication. :lol:

@CodeRed I hope your mate manages to sort the ticket forward out but if not, you'll have to let us know whether your season ticket QR code works!
Thanks for the detailed explanation. This now makes sense.

CodeRed

So my mate got in. I was worried I must say. Although I did the forwarding ticket option which he never got due to a slightly misspelt email on his behalf....idiot.. :lol: He just turned up at the turnstile and used the screenshot of my QR code which worked. Strange as I expected my QR code to be inactive and a new one generated just for him. I'm now guessing they will just use the same QR code but will have your name and if they want to check ID's then it's upto them.

By the way, the ticket office never replied to my email for what it's worth.

CuesOSully

Supports
united
Huge thank you to @NextSeason who was awesome throughout sorting the tickets out for us,had a brilliant day and have one very happy lad

Thanks again mate

Reactions: Rood

hp88

No issues getting in today, turned up at W15 at around 1145 and walked straight, concourse was already packed so I am guessing everyone got in early.

One of the best games I’ve ever been to. Had a ball today. Fantastic atmosphere loved every minute
Yeah atmosphere was top today, just hoping it's not a one off though.

eugegall

Same here.

Rocked up just before 12 to zero queues and straight in.

My mate used my wife's season ticket via a screenshot without issue either!

Thank you for everyones help!

Gemoot11

I would be interested in a single or pair of tickets to Southampton away if anyone has any spare (doubtful I know!)

NextSeason

So my mate got in. I was worried I must say. Although I did the forwarding ticket option which he never got due to a slightly misspelt email on his behalf....idiot.. :lol: He just turned up at the turnstile and used the screenshot of my QR code which worked. Strange as I expected my QR code to be inactive and a new one generated just for him. I'm now guessing they will just use the same QR code but will have your name and if they want to check ID's then it's upto them.

By the way, the ticket office never replied to my email for what it's worth.
Wow, surprised at that but great he managed to get in!

United really need to review their customer service as not being able to speak to someone in an urgent situation is not good enough, especially when you pay all that money for a season ticket.

Huge thank you to @NextSeason who was awesome throughout sorting the tickets out for us,had a brilliant day and have one very happy lad

Thanks again mate
Very welcome mate, you picked a good one!

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
If people have forwarded screenshots of their actual season ticket on to others, there is going to be some people locked out for future matches. No way will they let you in if someone has used your ticket already that day.

Red00012

If people have forwarded screenshots of their actual season ticket on to others, there is going to be some people locked out for future matches. No way will they let you in if someone has used your ticket already that day.
How ? Surely whoever is forwarding the ticket is only sending it to that one person ? Unless you think touts are going to do the dog on it ?

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
How ? Surely whoever is forwarding the ticket is only sending it to that one person ? Unless you think touts are going to do the dog on it ?
Do you trust every random people on Facebook or elsewhere to only use your season ticket for the one match? Bad people do bad things.

There’s a reason why there’s now an official ticket forwarding system that creates unique QR codes, if you want to pass your ticket on for a single match.

hp88

Yeah that’s why you would only share it with someone you know, pretty certain it would flag up if you scanned it twice.

daveoliver91

Looking for a pair / single for the game against Newcastle on the 11th of September if available.
Thanks guys!

Red00012

Do you trust every random people on Facebook or elsewhere to only use your season ticket for the one match? Bad people do bad things.

There’s a reason why there’s now an official ticket forwarding system that creates unique QR codes, if you want to pass your ticket on for a single match.
I’ve never bought a ticket off Facebook and I don’t intend to. Every ticket I’ve got is through a friend or a contact that’s reliable. You’re leaving something open otherwise .

eugegall

My two tickets will be available quite a bit this season. Is it best to post in here whenever I know I can't make it?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Sounds a mad system with potential issues!

My pal is a bit of an expert, working for a ticketing company, and was adamant that in the viagogo days, that someone who sold their season ticket for the game, would still be able to get in if they turned up! As there was no way of specifically cancelling that ticket, once it had been passed to someone new.

That surprised me massively and I still only half believe it.
Surely it wasn't hanging together on the basis that no-one would be cheeky enough to still try and get in once shipping their ticket!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
On another note, someone mentioned that the Courteeners are due to play a gig at the Cricket ground at OT, the same time as our game v Villa on Sat Sep 25.

Presumably they won't let both go ahead at the same time? Anyone have any precedents in mind?
The official TV games have already been picked, but no reason they can't switch us to Sunday.

That'd suit me brilliantly to be honest. I'd head further up the country after watching Wycombe at MK, then get in for the United game.
Even better if they moved it to the rare 12pm slot Sunday to avoid any clashes with other tv games!

Whatsername

On another note, someone mentioned that the Courteeners are due to play a gig at the Cricket ground at OT, the same time as our game v Villa on Sat Sep 25.

Presumably they won't let both go ahead at the same time? Anyone have any precedents in mind?
Michael Carrick’s testimonial was brought forward to earlier in the day when the concert held after the Arena bombing (was it One Love Manchester?) was arranged for the same time at the cricket ground.
Seems strange that both are arranged for the same day. I saw Green Day at the cricket ground and ‘our’ Old Trafford car parks were used for the official car parks.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
My two tickets will be available quite a bit this season. Is it best to post in here whenever I know I can't make it?
Normally a decent stream of reliable takers on here mate. I've been using the Caf for 15 years ticket wise and if you stick with posters that are vouched for you can't go wrong.

misterbigalow

Sounds a mad system with potential issues!

My pal is a bit of an expert, working for a ticketing company, and was adamant that in the viagogo days, that someone who sold their season ticket for the game, would still be able to get in if they turned up! As there was no way of specifically cancelling that ticket, once it had been passed to someone new.

That surprised me massively and I still only half believe it.
Surely it wasn't hanging together on the basis that no-one would be cheeky enough to still try and get in once shipping their ticket!
They must have a way of deactivating your season ticket for a match, as they always threaten to deactivate your season ticket for a specific Premier League game if they've tried to take payment for a Champions League/FA Cup game and haven't been able to, I guess they could be lying and your season ticket could still work for the game they've said it won't work for, but I haven't tried!

cbmufc

Talking about events on the same day, we are home the same day as the test match at OT. When was the last time that happened, if ever? I'm at the cricket, be able to hear a roar if we score which will be odd being so close but not inside.

Saturday 3pm would mean you could clear the football traffic relatively well around the cricket, lunchtime or evening would have been chaos.

Saturday was brilliant, got in around 11.40 and the concourse was hammered....singing non stop. Never recall it being like that. . . hope it continues although our last 2 home atmospheres will be hard to sustain.

Robin

Good to see the new system of ticket transfer working so well, I sent them an email on Thursday re the non arrival of digital transfer tickets and I have just received the reply today. Luckily I went down in person and it was sorted

NextSeason

Anyone recieved their Saints away tickets?

None of ours have turned up yet so assuming the ticket office have left it late. Dread to think about getting in touch with them when they inevitably don’t arrive in time for some people.

EssDotEnn

Planning the first trip to OT with my kids, if anyone has tickets to the Villa game on 25th September please give me a shout. Looking for 3 or 4 tickets please! Trusted buyer and all that, have a few on here that can vouch for me if needed. Cheers!

Reactions: Rood