All ticket/travel information thread - 2023/24 edition - Please be careful purchasing tickets

Robin

Liverpool played a pre season friendly today, delayed kick off as the fans were having problems with a new digital ticket system they have adopted, not just us then !!!

mobmob

Well it might have just been me but on Saturday I went in 30 mins before kick off and it took me about 2 minutes to get in from queuing to being at the bar, the system is fine, doesn't slow anything up at all, I did see massive ques for tier 2/3 North Stand but that's it! That was due to the bag check people, and body scanners, only two security people doing 6 turnstiles where as all tier one gates had 1 guard per turnstile, so it's more down to the way they are organising the security, than the new digital system!

Reactions: Rood

Robin

Well it might have just been me but on Saturday I went in 30 mins before kick off and it took me about 2 minutes to get in from queuing to being at the bar, the system is fine, doesn't slow anything up at all, I did see massive ques for tier 2/3 North Stand but that's it! That was due to the bag check people, and body scanners, only two security people doing 6 turnstiles where as all tier one gates had 1 guard per turnstile, so it's more down to the way they are organising the security, than the new digital system!
It is probably due to the fact that for a pre season game it’s full of people who wouldn’t normally go. Full of kids , grans and wives. So not knowing what you can do, where to go etc etc. Hopefully next week, even with 70,000 good honest salt of the earth red shirted law abiding United fans and 3000 mutton headed Beelzebub worshipping cretins from across the border in Yorkshire things will run relatively smoothly

Lenny1810

We are pleased to confirm that the ticket forwarding function online is available now. Please accept our apologies for the delay with this, we are continuing to work with our new ticketing provider and will reduce the number of steps over the coming weeks.

You can forward your ticket to supporters who are linked to your account, and you have created a strong relationship with. You can find information on how to link a supporter to your account at manutd.com/sthub. Please note: supporters that you have created a strong relationship with, will also be able to forward your ticket on your behalf, therefore if you do not want another supporter to have this access, do not create a strong relationship with them. You can remove links with people here and re-add them as standard relationships in order to e.g. apply for games with them.

You can forward your ticket by logging into your online account, go to 'Tickets' select the relevant game and 'Forward Tickets'. A more detailed step by step guide can be found on the ST Hub link above.

Important Information
• You can’t recall a ticket once it has been forwarded, therefore please ensure that you follow the process carefully, and enter the correct email address and details of the supporter you are forwarding to
• If you want to upgrade a concessionary ticket, you need to go to 'Change Price Type' first and then complete forwarding once this is done

Videos of both processes will soon be available to view at manutd.com/sthub.

Leith_Red

We are pleased to confirm that the ticket forwarding function online is available now. Please accept our apologies for the delay with this, we are continuing to work with our new ticketing provider and will reduce the number of steps over the coming weeks.

You can forward your ticket to supporters who are linked to your account, and you have created a strong relationship with. You can find information on how to link a supporter to your account at manutd.com/sthub. Please note: supporters that you have created a strong relationship with, will also be able to forward your ticket on your behalf, therefore if you do not want another supporter to have this access, do not create a strong relationship with them. You can remove links with people here and re-add them as standard relationships in order to e.g. apply for games with them.

You can forward your ticket by logging into your online account, go to 'Tickets' select the relevant game and 'Forward Tickets'. A more detailed step by step guide can be found on the ST Hub link above.

Important Information
• You can’t recall a ticket once it has been forwarded, therefore please ensure that you follow the process carefully, and enter the correct email address and details of the supporter you are forwarding to
• If you want to upgrade a concessionary ticket, you need to go to 'Change Price Type' first and then complete forwarding once this is done

Videos of both processes will soon be available to view at manutd.com/sthub.

Yet now you cannot set up anyone new in your network. It's like one step forward and two steps back every time. How difficult is something like this if you just get the right people on it?

Lenny1810

Yet now you cannot set up anyone new in your network. It's like one step forward and two steps back every time. How difficult is something like this if you just get the right people on it?
i was more confused with the fact i now need to change my relationships to strong - after them saying strong was for close family only...

NextSeason

From the banks of the Irwell, to Sicily..
Making strong relationships for ticket transfer purposes makes zero sense.
Agreed.

Having the same issue. If only our club was a huge billion dollar entity that had the resources to implement a working system. Don't worry though, rather than speaking to a human in the ticket office, you can now text them and expect a response within 3 days. :keano:

P.S. Don't panic @CuesOSully - I have a backup plan if needed!

Bosws87

Has there been any confirmation on negative test/ covid passport, had to do it to watch spurs on Sunday simple enough but not heard any direct policy from United?

You can now set up new people again in your network and you can forward on to a person who isn’t a “strong” relationship, just did that.
Makes sense to me that I can only transfer my mates ticket to someone else if my mate and I are a strong relationship.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
What the heck is all this standard/strong relationship gubbins!?

Not regretting taking a year's break so far!

Lenny1810

You can now set up new people again in your network and you can forward on to a person who isn’t a “strong” relationship, just did that.
Makes sense to me that I can only transfer my mates ticket to someone else if my mate and I are a strong relationship.
Glad to hear i can forward to a standard relationship. Couldn’t be arsed having to re-add folk.

Standard = someone in your network who you don’t want to allow admin access on your tickets.

Strong = admin access on your tickets. (Can forward on etc, manage cup games etc)

Pretty basic really, not a new thing, you had it previously too pal.

NextSeason

From the banks of the Irwell, to Sicily..
Has there been any confirmation on negative test/ covid passport, had to do it to watch spurs on Sunday simple enough but not heard any direct policy from United?
I don't believe anything has been communicated.

Hi mate, long time - hope you're well!

I am definitely having problems adding fellow ST holders as strong relationships - getting this error:

Sorry, XXXXX XXXX cannot be added to this client group.
Reason: this person is already part of another group of people.

Not sure why them being part of another group is an issue but it's all the same group really.

Regarding the strong relationships, I agree with your point but I think the people in here discussing don't agree with having to create a strong relationship for anyone you forward a ticket to (as per United's email) as they then have access to all of your tickets. But if you're saying you can forward for standard relationships, that's great but would have been nice if United communicated that!

robinrooney

I don't believe anything has been communicated.

Hi mate, long time - hope you're well!

I am definitely having problems adding fellow ST holders as strong relationships - getting this error:

Sorry, XXXXX XXXX cannot be added to this client group.
Reason: this person is already part of another group of people.

Not sure why them being part of another group is an issue but it's all the same group really.

Regarding the strong relationships, I agree with your point but I think the people in here discussing don't agree with having to create a strong relationship for anyone you forward a ticket to (as per United's email) as they then have access to all of your tickets. But if you're saying you can forward for standard relationships, that's great but would have been nice if United communicated that!
Don't create strong relationships. You can send to standard relationships

Hello mate, god yeah, feels like forever. All good here, you?

I just transferred 2 Leeds to @20le_Solskjaer on a standard relationship no problem so it defo works. Just seems like some teething problems thus far but I think it’ll be a miles better system in the end.

eric le rouge

Hello mate, god yeah, feels like forever. All good here, you?

I just transferred 2 Leeds to @20le_Solskjaer on a standard relationship no problem so it defo works. Just seems like some teething problems thus far but I think it’ll be a miles better system in the end.
New member here - that's odd, I've just tried to transfer my 2 STs for the Leeds game to a mate that I set up as a Standard relationship and got an error message saying you can only transfer to a Strong relationship?

Iron Tulip

Hi mate, each to their own. It is a farce at the moment, hopefully smooth out soon enough.

Question, as you've took a break, are you guaranteed to get a ST next season?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Hi mate, each to their own. It is a farce at the moment, hopefully smooth out soon enough.

Question, as you've took a break, are you guaranteed to get a ST next season?
They said so, but I still had to join the waiting list. Which I didn't do.

I'll probably stick to memberships going forward. I made it work for 7 years from 200miles away but at times chasing pals up for confirmation they'd take tickets became a real hassle.

Iron Tulip

I'll probably stick to memberships going forward. I made it work for 7 years from 200miles away but at times chasing pals up for confirmation they'd take tickets became a real hassle.
Ahh fair enough. I'm in a similar situation but I'm around 120 miles away from OT. It's working so far, hopefully it stays thay way.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ahh fair enough. I'm in a similar situation but I'm around 120 miles away from OT. It's working so far, hopefully it stays thay way.
It worked when I was benefitting from the big games and doing 8-10 a season. But the last full season for a number of reasons I ended up just with 3 games max I think it was. So it just got too much effort and not enough reward.
And I started realising paying 2xseason ticket was mad when I could just be a member and pay for the definite I'ddo.
Miss the big games but never mind.

Whatsername

Don’t understand why they’d want you on the waiting list. I thought that they were guaranteeing a ticket next season should you want to return, but you wouldn’t be able to have your previous seat. Surely they should just hold the required amount of season tickets open and just sold those spare seats to members for this season.

cbmufc

Wonder how early we'll have to turn up Saturday. Days of rocking up 5 minutes before kick off seem finished.

Bosws87

Wonder how early we'll have to turn up Saturday. Days of rocking up 5 minutes before kick off seem finished.
An hour i think i have no faith in the general public being able to operate a mobile phone.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
The everton game was fine apparently, but with it being a sell out and £3 pints on the concourse - I'll be there 45 early.

RedDevilLucio

The everton game was fine apparently, but with it being a sell out and £3 pints on the concourse - I'll be there 45 early.
I got to OT 20 mins before ko I was on concourse with a beer in my hand 5 mins later. This was in Stratford end. I walked passed queues that were bigger through north stand.

Ryan L

Looking for two tickets to the Crystal Palace game on 4th December, or if anyone can advise on ways to get them? Had a look on the site but all singles. I know people recommend checking in the weeks running up to the game, but would rather secure them early to avoid being mugged off by last minute train prices

eric le rouge

Have you tried just transferring your own ST first?
Sorted it - I was trying to transfer my son’s ticket but didn’t realise I had to set him up as a strong relationship before transferring his ticket to my friend. The instructions aren’t exactly crystal clear

Thanks for your help

Whatsername

Looking for two tickets to the Crystal Palace game on 4th December, or if anyone can advise on ways to get them? Had a look on the site but all singles. I know people recommend checking in the weeks running up to the game, but would rather secure them early to avoid being mugged off by last minute train prices
Hope you get sorted.Just be wary of booking trains before any fixture changes are made for TV though.

cbmufc

I got to OT 20 mins before ko I was on concourse with a beer in my hand 5 mins later. This was in Stratford end. I walked passed queues that were bigger through north stand.
An hour i think i have no faith in the general public being able to operate a mobile phone.
Cheers lads, will set of from wherever we are boozing at 11.30. Will be near ground, games like this I'm gutted can corner got binned. Made for a good atmosphere.

Can see Saturday being a bit moody, them lot live for United so I expect a bit of an edge outside beforehand. I'm sure a few welcome pleasantries will be exchanged as they are shuffled in :) Should be rocking inside as well.

Time for that game will be finalized on 11th of October so don't book trains before that date. Even if you don't have tickets by that date, book trains. I assure you will have zero problem picking up a pair of the site nearer the game.

nickyboy1981

So my season ticket is restricted view and each individual ticket is £21 quid, but when I try to transfer the newcastle game to my mate it tries to charge me another 21 quid.... I imagine this is a long shot but anyone had this?

I'll text the club as well.

Micheal

Have 4 together available for Leeds game Saturday. In Ireland and won't make it over. Would prefer to sell to members either all 4 together or 2 pairs.

Reactions: Rood

Jordi

I have one spare in J Stand for Leeds. Traveling over from Dublin that morning so will need to meet at the ground. DM me if you're interested.