All ticket/travel information thread - 2023/24 edition - Please be careful purchasing tickets

hp88

Club have finally realised how fecked up our ticket policy is, they have asked us to vote on how away tickets should be allocated going forward. Reckon option 3 is the best way to go.

1. Continue with current approach (tickets released on the ticketing website on a first-come, first-served basis)

2. Continue with ‘first-come, first-served’ approach via website but communicate time of release in advance (e.g. all returned tickets will go live at 9am on Thursday)

3. Ticket office to continue the original ballot and identify the next 100 fans who would have been successful. Once returns become available the ticket office would then allocate those next in line in the ballot a ticket and give them 24 hours to complete payment via the website

4. Ticket office to allocate returned tickets to fans based on the highest number of unsuccessful applications this season (ie someone who had applied and been unsuccessful in 8 ballots would be given priority over someone who had only been unsuccessful 2 times). Tickets would be allocated randomly among fans with the same number of unsuccessful applications, with fans given 24 hours to complete payment via the website

5. Conduct a random re-ballot of all unsuccessful applicants for the number of returned tickets (with no weighting / preference for those with highest number of unsuccessful apps as in option 4)

Ober tan

Club have finally realised how fecked up our ticket policy is, they have asked us to vote on how away tickets should be allocated going forward. Reckon option 3 is the best way to go.
I think 4 sounds fairest on paper but in reality if people were assigned a return a few days before the game there will be a number of them unable to make it at short notice. Then it’s back to square one with those returns. They’ve already shown announcing a date/time just crashes the website so not looking forward to that part haha.

K Stand Knut

I don’t see how option 3 is even an option?

It’s a random ballot after the ‘loyalty pot’, isn’t it?? Unless it just means 100 additional tickets by randomness!

Personally think 4 is the best option at the moment but think that will just drive up the number of applicants to 10k

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur

It’s a random ballot after the ‘loyalty pot’, isn’t it?? Unless it just means 100 additional tickets by randomness!

Personally think 4 is the best option at the moment but think that will just drive up the number of applicants to 10k
I want 1 or 2, collection from Old Trafford with passport!

hp88

Agree! That’s why I’m against that choice, as you said you will just get people applying just for the sake of it. Anyway whatever we get it cant be any worse than the random ticket drop they’re doing at the moment.

Evans999

The returns going live on the website benefits me massively as a self employed person sat behind a computer all day.

Forgot about the days of whatsapps " united ringing people with returns now, make sure you can answer the phone " and staring at the phone for hours.

Okey

Agree! That’s why I’m against that choice, as you said you will just get people applying just for the sake of it. Anyway whatever we get it cant be any worse than the random ticket drop they’re doing at the moment.
Tough one. I went for 4 anyway. There's possibly no outcome that will make enough people happy. Big club problems.

PeteManic

How difficult or easy to get a pair of tickets for the potential Carabao Cup final? General fan here with no links to anyone.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
STHs - Payment for Forest in the League Cup comes out today doesn't it? Can you let me know if / when United take payment from your account?

I've just switched payment details so keen to ensure it goes through correctly (this has stung me before as payment failed and cost me being able to apply for a cup final).

Sounds of the Aquarium

STHs - Payment for Forest in the League Cup comes out today doesn't it? Can you let me know if / when United take payment from your account?

I've just switched payment details so keen to ensure it goes through correctly (this has stung me before as payment failed and cost me being able to apply for a cup final).
I had money leave account today but pretty sure that is for the Reading game (which was processed on Tuesday) so i would imagine the Forest money will be processed today and leave account Saturday / Monday.

Just looked at the ticket website, how has Reading gone to a ballot and yet the Forest game tickets go on sale today at 1pm?? random!

Dan_F

I know it’s an impossibility but I’ll throw it out there anyway.

I’m working in Nottingham the day of the away leg, so if anyone hears of any tickets (home or away), feel to free to help a random guy off the internet out.

Ps. Don’t give me shit, I know how aways work and I won’t be able to sort anyone out in return, but a couple years ago a very kind person on here did that for me.

Bosws87

I voted for option 4 even though the current method suits me perfectly, i've not missed a ticket to any domestic away game if i want one cos i can just sit with the page open and refresh it.

A background of sneaker reselling makes the current method incredibly easy.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies

Ah shit I've done the same

Ober tan

For past trips to Wembley, was the priority STH’s with all cup games purchased or with all cup games attended? Left my seat empty for a couple this season hopefully doesn’t backfire.

JB7

I voted for option 4 even though the current method suits me perfectly, i've not missed a ticket to any domestic away game if i want one cos i can just sit with the page open and refresh it.

A background of sneaker reselling makes the current method incredibly easy.
A bit turkey voting for Christmas this surely? :lol:

FirstMatch1991

I had money leave account today but pretty sure that is for the Reading game (which was processed on Tuesday) so i would imagine the Forest money will be processed today and leave account Saturday / Monday.

Just looked at the ticket website, how has Reading gone to a ballot and yet the Forest game tickets go on sale today at 1pm?? random!
Forest tickets on sale at 1pm? I’ll make sure I have an hours break from 3pm then

Last edited:

Ober tan

Anyone know the deal with train strikes for the Arsenal game, I’m reading different things. Just picked up a ticket need to sort travel.

JB7

Anyone know the deal with train strikes for the Arsenal game? Just picked up a ticket need to sort travel.
Shouldn't be any, they have to give 14 days notice and it's obviously less than that until the game. I just picked one up too; annoying that the system still isn't letting you buy more than one because I had two in my basket and it kicked me out, so the person I travel with hasn't got a ticket. Hoping for a more enjoyable solo trip to Arsenal than last season.

Evans999

Have I missed out? was 300 in queue, got down to 0, told me it was sending me to the site and then just refreshed the ticket page saying sign up for ticket alerts?

I'm absolutely gutted. I had a ticket in my basket this morning and now nothing. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, this Barcelona trip is a lot more to me than just a football match. I'll have to try outside the ground or pay over face value.
Anyone who didn't get a Barcelona ticket and can accept late returns fill in the below, United will call you if and when they come available

https://t.co/nbnTFfLBZP

Ober tan

Shouldn't be any, they have to give 14 days notice and it's obviously less than that until the game. I just picked one up too; annoying that the system still isn't letting you buy more than one because I had two in my basket and it kicked me out, so the person I travel with hasn't got a ticket. Hoping for a more enjoyable solo trip to Arsenal than last season.
Ah nice one. Piss take ain’t it, I was trying for a mate as well. The queue started about 5 minutes after I got my ticket luckily. Was yours block 20?

JB7

Ah nice one. Piss take ain’t it, I was trying for a mate as well. The queue started about 5 minutes after I got my ticket luckily. Was yours block 20?
Yeah block 20. Collection at the ground too which I've been saying they should do more of for a while; no method against touting is perfect obviously but that seems the most effective yet it's an approach we hardly ever take.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
Yeah block 20. Collection at the ground too which I've been saying they should do more of for a while; no method against touting is perfect obviously but that seems the most effective yet it's an approach we hardly ever take.
Did Arsenal returns go on sale today or something??? Damn.

OllyJ21

I changed payment method last night too and I have had payment go out today for the ticket - if you look under tickets section on United website, it should say if ticket has been paid for

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Anyone offering palace tickets for next week weds please do let me know

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
The Silly sod is auctioning it.
Ignore this. I was mistaken. Believe it has gone for face value.

Apologies to the poster, his DM to me made it sound like he was touting it. Good man for shifting it on.