All ticket/travel information thread - 2023/24 edition - Please be careful purchasing tickets

Ober tan

Only going off what i heard the steward say - guy in front was having trouble scanning at turnstiles and the steward asked whether it was a screenshot as they dont work?
Screenshots do work, just need to turn brightness up and it will be no different to having it in your wallet.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Yeah it’s basically going to stop empty seats or at least help reduce it. They should give you the option to sell it back to the club / general public if they really want to tackle the problem.

• If you are unable to attend a match next season, please forward your ticket to another supporter online. In a change to our Terms & Conditions, your ticket must be used for at least 10 out of the 19 Premier League games, otherwise a renewal will not be offered for the 2023/24 season. Ticket forwarding and donating tickets to the MU Foundation will be available for the 2022/23 season, and utilising these options will count towards your ticket being used.
  • Concessionary ticket holders are required to personally attend 10 out of the 19 Premier League games to continue receiving any relevant discount.
Says nothing about “forwarding [only] to members” so presume you can forward to anyone like now to keep the ticket used. Anyone who gets forwarded a ticket officially gets a supporter ID created if not a member already.

Seems like it is less about clamping down on touting and more about getting the few tickets out of the hands of rich people who don’t regularly attend and often leave their seats free for all but the big games. We have a couple like that on the row behind in Stretford End Tier 2.

Whatsername

I’m surprised they’ve not caught onto the fact that they could make some money by setting up a ticket exchange and charging an admin fee.

K Stand Knut

United sending out ST renewals in early February after being knocked out of the FA Cup by a Championshp side and looking as bad as we have for 20+ years must be an all-time low.

Expecting payment too is absurd!!!

JB7

Only going off what i heard the steward say - guy in front was having trouble scanning at turnstiles and the steward asked whether it was a screenshot as they dont work?
Nah they do work, people just need to turn their brightness up to full.

K Stand Knut

Screenshots do work.

I’ve done once and know people who have done it several times. I’m fairly certain that the stewards will be taught to say they don’t to prevent them being forwards on unofficially.

Personally, I just send the original e-mail on to whoever is having the ticket and let them add it to their wallet but I get a new ticket for every home game despite having a ST so it’s not as much of a risk

Red00012

Our ticket release drop is embarassing to say the least. My local football club wouldn’t do it.

I’m stuck for a Watford ticket and they just drop when they feel like it.

GalwayRed99

Anyone know when is the best time to start ringing the ticket office daily looking for a season ticket? I’ve heard it’s in and around feb/March

Whatsername

Our ticket release drop is embarassing to say the least. My local football club wouldn’t do it.

I’m stuck for a Watford ticket and they just drop when they feel like it.
Do they still do that thing where they tell you to register your interest in tickets for certain matches so they can contact you and then fail to do so??
How difficult can it be to do it right?

louismuller54

Hi everyone
Does anybody know what to do if a season ticket holder dies / can’t attend games anymore ? Is a transfer of the season ticket to a family member officially possible ?

misterbigalow

About season ticket renewals, I worked it out that they have played 11 home games in the Prem before they offered renewal yesterday, if they offer renewal at the same time next year does that mean we actually need to attend 10 out of 11-12 home matches by that time or else no renewal will be offered? They really need to be clearer on that, and they also now need to provide a ticket exchange to help with this rule change, but you know they won't

Whatsername

Anyone know when is the best time to start ringing the ticket office daily looking for a season ticket? I’ve heard it’s in and around feb/March
The renewal deadline is May 20th although we’re to say by the end of Feb if we’re not renewing but the email said that’s to free up seats for season ticket holders who opted to take the one season break that the club offered.

mark_a

Hi everyone
Does anybody know what to do if a season ticket holder dies / can’t attend games anymore ? Is a transfer of the season ticket to a family member officially possible ?
Hi
When I was in this position back in 16/17, it wasn't. The reason given was the 3 year process to change the layout for disabled fans. Numbers were reduced etc. I can't remember the full justification. The ticket having been held for 53 years didn't make any difference.

However, they finished that work so I'm not aware that that would be a problem now. The only thing might possibly be them "accommodating" people who froze their renewals last season? The best thing to do would be to phone up, you wouldn't have to tell them any details, but just ask them hypothetically what would happen. Then maybe try calling again and get an answer of someone else just to be sure.

Good luck and my condolences to you if this is the position you're in

mark_a

About season ticket renewals, I worked it out that they have played 11 home games in the Prem before they offered renewal yesterday, if they offer renewal at the same time next year does that mean we actually need to attend 10 out of 11-12 home matches by that time or else no renewal will be offered? They really need to be clearer on that, and they also now need to provide a ticket exchange to help with this rule change, but you know they won't
This is a good point. I wonder if MUST have picked up on this? I think they're going to send a questionnaire for ST holders today, though I've not had one yet.

mark_a

United sending out ST renewals in early February after being knocked out of the FA Cup by a Championshp side and looking as bad as we have for 20+ years must be an all-time low.

Expecting payment too is absurd!!!
It's the same model as Mars Bars, right? Don't increase the price, just reduce the size of the bar!

ST prices frozen again, football quality reduced! :smirk:

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
What do you mean? Doesn't everyone get offered a renewal?

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Anyone get stung by the random ID checks on tickets tonight?

I'm on a mates and they want ID ticket pick up.

Whatsername

Thats a good point, and due to the World Cup does that mean that there’ll be extra midweek games slotted in during the Autumn to make up for missed time in Nov/Dec? They’re not always easy to get to if you’ve got to travel.

louismuller54

Hi
When I was in this position back in 16/17, it wasn't. The reason given was the 3 year process to change the layout for disabled fans. Numbers were reduced etc. I can't remember the full justification. The ticket having been held for 53 years didn't make any difference.

However, they finished that work so I'm not aware that that would be a problem now. The only thing might possibly be them "accommodating" people who froze their renewals last season? The best thing to do would be to phone up, you wouldn't have to tell them any details, but just ask them hypothetically what would happen. Then maybe try calling again and get an answer of someone else just to be sure.

Good luck and my condolences to you if this is the position you're in
it's clear on City website - hope we will get the same one day

: In circumstances where a Seasoncard Holder passes away, the Seasoncard may be retained in the family on the basis that the Seasoncard is transferred to a named family member and the following information is provided: (i) a copy of the death certificate; (ii) proof of family relationship; (iii) the name, supporter number, address and contact details (email and contact telephone number) of the deceased supporter; (iv) the name, any existing supporter number, address, contact details (email and contact telephone number) and date of birth of the family member to which the Seasoncard is to be transferred; and (v) if requested, photo ID. Please note that in these circumstances, any Ticket Points accrued on the deceased supporter’s file will be non-transferable. A permanent transfer/ name change cannot be made in any other circumstances as this would undermine the Club’s Cityzens Matchday Membership scheme (which includes priority access to purchase Seasoncards). The Club may, at its absolute discretion, consider a refund in respect of any Matches unattended at the time of the Seasoncard Holder’s death, to the Seasoncard Holder’s estate / personal representative

Whatsername

Not if you’ve haven’t attended the required number of games, or forwarded or donated your ticket.

In a change to our Terms & Conditions, your ticket must be used for at least 10 out of the 19 Premier League games, otherwise a renewal will not be offered for the 2023/24 season. Ticket forwarding and donating tickets to the MU Foundation will be available for the 2022/23 season, and utilising these options will count towards your ticket being used.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Thats a good point, and due to the World Cup does that mean that there’ll be extra midweek games slotted in during the Autumn to make up for missed time in Nov/Dec? They’re not always easy to get to if you’ve got to travel.
Good. Manchester postcodes only.

K Stand Knut

It's the same model as Mars Bars, right? Don't increase the price, just reduce the size of the bar!

ST prices frozen again, football quality reduced! :smirk:
Hadn’t thought about it like that.

Great analogy. If this was social media, I’d like the shit out of that comment

misterbigalow

This is a good point. I wonder if MUST have picked up on this? I think they're going to send a questionnaire for ST holders today, though I've not had one yet.
I've replied to their tweet about their survey with this question so hopefully they pick up on it!
It's the new rules from the email that was sent to us yesterday: You won't be offered a renewal for the 23/24 season if you don't attend 10 out of the 19 Premier League home games, however they usually offer renewals in early February, so I worked out that only 11 home games have been played at this stage, so are they saying they won't be offering you a renewal at this stage if you haven't attended 10 out of the 11-12 games that have usually been played at home by early Feb?
That's a fantastic point as well, I didn't even think about the World Cup break either!

K Stand Knut

The renewal deadline is May 20th although to say by the end of Feb if we’re not renewing but the email said that’s to free up seats for season ticket holders who opted to take the one season break that the club offered.
Is the renewal deadline not now?

So, from what you’re saying, I don’t need to do anything UNLESS I AM NOT RENEWING my ST?

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Not if you’ve haven’t attended the required number of games, or forwarded or donated your ticket.

In a change to our Terms & Conditions, your ticket must be used for at least 10 out of the 19 Premier League games, otherwise a renewal will not be offered for the 2023/24 season. Ticket forwarding and donating tickets to the MU Foundation will be available for the 2022/23 season, and utilising these options will count towards your ticket being used.
Ah okay, I missed that, that's only for next season's renewal right? So as long as your ticket was used (forwarded) it should be okay or not?

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
It's the new rules from the email that was sent to us yesterday: You won't be offered a renewal for the 23/24 season if you don't attend 10 out of the 19 Premier League home games, however they usually offer renewals in early February, so I worked out that only 11 home games have been played at this stage, so are they saying they won't be offering you a renewal at this stage if you haven't attended 10 out of the 11-12 games that have usually been played at home by early Feb?
I'm unsure, I read it as long as your ticket has been at least used/forwarded then it should be fine?

ZupZup

Not for tonight but they used to do it a fair bit...

I once traded an away ticket and then I owed someone a ticket to Arsenal away and received a letter asking me to collect it in person... I ended up going all the way to the Emirates just to collect the ticket and give it to someone else. Bit of a nightmare.

Kev the Red

I have a single in NE3419 for Southampton.

Face Value is £42, giving away for £30.

Please DM if interested.

kcmitch

pickup is likely to be the day before the game and the day of the game.

yes you will find the odd person in a bar who has got too drunk to go but they usually give their ticket to people they know.

ID checks at the turnstile are a possibility too. It didn’t happen to many people in Villarreal so far as I know but I know at least one guy who got checked, he was on his own ticket so was ok
Sorry for the delay in replying, new account and approval process. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I've heard ID check at turnstiles has been pretty relaxed this season, but that's second hand accounts for me. So, its not possible for someone to request two away under one name, pick them up and then have a spare?

In answer to the question about getting an Atletico away ticket in the pub before the match, that would mean would someone having purchased a ticket (maybe with at least one credit), going over to Madrid, picking up the ticket with their ID and then deciding not to go to the match but to let you have the ticket instead! Not going to happen. Your best bet is to hope that the club gets returns prior to the match and you being in the right place at the right time to pick one up.
Thanks for replying. Same question as above, is it only possible to pick up one ticket under one name? Not feasible for one person to get two tickets? At this point is my only option hoping someone on here can't go and transfers?

Red00012

Sorry for the delay in replying, new account and approval process. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I've heard ID check at turnstiles has been pretty relaxed this season, but that's second hand accounts for me. So, its not possible for someone to request two away under one name, pick them up and then have a spare?

Thanks for replying. Same question as above, is it only possible to pick up one ticket under one name? Not feasible for one person to get two tickets? At this point is my only option hoping someone on here can't go and transfers?
One membership =one ticket
You also can’t transfer . It goes back to the club who will rerelease it

ihateliverpool

sorry to be the boring one but I‘m very pleased they are doing this. Sick of people being at aways who shouldn’t be, either paid a stupid price or got a ticket off a mate etc, if you fit the criteria and get lucky in the ballot you deserve to be there, if you don’t, and don’t, then you don’t. It’s completely unfair on the majority and I believe they will be doing this more and more

ihateliverpool

physically not possible no.
ID checks at home games aren’t that common but they do happen every game, at aways it’s very common.
due to the way away tickets are sold you have to collect with ID and even then they do randomly check at the turnstiles too