All ticket/travel information thread - 2023/24 edition - Please be careful purchasing tickets

MacGlock88

The whole quick ticket release, sporadic as it is, catching people unaware is a poor attempt at sharing tickets.

It wouldn’t be too difficult if they had a few hundred to release, to have a mini ballot (24 hour bidding time). With those that hadn’t got a ticket in the previous games (from the start of the season), carrying some weight in the ballot.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The whole quick ticket release, sporadic as it is, catching people unaware is a poor attempt at sharing tickets.

It wouldn’t be too difficult if they had a few hundred to release, to have a mini ballot (24 hour bidding time). With those that hadn’t got a ticket in the previous games (from the start of the season), carrying some weight in the ballot.
I think the most annoying thing they've done this season, amongst many, was having a 2nd ballot for one of the big games, but only from a mysteriously lucky set of applications.

I think next season I'll just buy a stack of tickets in the first pre-season release that's done before any dates are confirmed, then just cancel them nearer the time if the date doesn't work. Seems a much better scheme than the pure luck of being on when the release happens.
Even the sneaky email notification of changes to the ticket page doesn't seem to be that great as it's often 20mins after the release has started.

MacGlock88

I think the most annoying thing they've done this season, amongst many, was having a 2nd ballot for one of the big games, but only from a mysteriously lucky set of applications.

I think next season I'll just buy a stack of tickets in the first pre-season release that's done before any dates are confirmed, then just cancel them nearer the time if the date doesn't work. Seems a much better scheme than the pure luck of being on when the release happens.
Even the sneaky email notification of changes to the ticket page doesn't seem to be that great as it's often 20mins after the release has started.
Essentially, from what I can see, the membership is more for the transferring of (other people’s) ST to You.
As opposed to a membership to apply for tickets.

I haven’t managed to buy direct from United for any Premier League game this season.

What are they doing for the Chelsea game?

Robaldo

How do ticket transfers work?

If I am linked to a ST holder, how is the payment made? Surely this would go through the club website rather than independently?

robinrooney

If I am linked to a ST holder, how is the payment made? Surely this would go through the club website rather than independently?
You gotta sort out the money yourselves as technically you aren't allowed to sell the tickets

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

You're allowed to "pass on" tickets, but not to "sell" tickets.
So all that stuff has to be done on the down low, and brief anyone who does pick up tickets from you that they've been "passed" the ticket.

Silly, but it keeps it in line with the terms.

Robaldo

You gotta sort out the money yourselves as technically you aren't allowed to sell the tickets
You're allowed to "pass on" tickets, but not to "sell" tickets.
So all that stuff has to be done on the down low, and brief anyone who does pick up tickets from you that they've been "passed" the ticket.

Silly, but it keeps it in line with the terms.
Cheers both. What's the best way to make the payment with confidence that it's legit?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Cheers both. What's the best way to make the payment with confidence that it's legit?
That's the difficulty pal. I've only done ticket exchanges when it was the physical card. So it was either pals, in the flesh or sending it, or meeting the stranger in the flesh and getting the money up front. One time, for a more sketchy arrangement I took £15-20 or so extra, to safeguard if I had to pay a card replacement fee, and then gave them that figure back once they returned them.

Over the net, I guess you have to look for whatever safeguards you can. Like on this site, only deal with people who have 1,000s of posts. Not someone who has cropped up in that week with 4 posts :). Ideally people who frequently offer/sell tickets, and you can get an endorsement from someone they've dealt with.

Robaldo

That's the difficulty pal. I've only done ticket exchanges when it was the physical card. So it was either pals, in the flesh or sending it, or meeting the stranger in the flesh and getting the money up front. One time, for a more sketchy arrangement I took £15-20 or so extra, to safeguard if I had to pay a card replacement fee, and then gave them that figure back once they returned them.

Over the net, I guess you have to look for whatever safeguards you can. Like on this site, only deal with people who have 1,000s of posts. Not someone who has cropped up in that week with 4 posts :). Ideally people who frequently offer/sell tickets, and you can get an endorsement from someone they've dealt with.
Thanks, that's really helpful!

You'd think that the club would put in a better system than this as it encourages touts.

Going through a FB tickets page - I'm sure the guy's fine but I'd feel better about the transaction if admin would vouch etc. so I've asked him that.

Whatsername

The transaction goes through the club website but it comes up with a 0.00 charge, then as others have said it’s then up to you and the ST holder to sort out payment.

Just a word of warning to ST holders after reading posts from someone on Twitter who’s been banned for a year. He sold his and his children’s tickets for a match at FV, transferring them correctly to a member through the club website. That member then sold them on at over face value and somehow the club found out and it was the season ticket holder rather than the member who was penalised.
The club’s reasoning for that was the member didn’t have any match tickets already purchased for future games on their account so there was no action that they could take against them, and that the whole thing about transferring responsibility for the ticket(s) onto the member by doing it correctly means nothing in this instance, that’s only something that you’re covered for within the stadium (eg if they show racist behaviour, throw bottles etc).

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Thanks, that's really helpful!

You'd think that the club would put in a better system than this as it encourages touts.

Going through a FB tickets page - I'm sure the guy's fine but I'd feel better about the transaction if admin would vouch etc. so I've asked him that.
Going electronic has basically taken away the only issue touts had. How to get the season ticket cards back.
Now they can just print individual tickets off.

Robaldo

Going electronic has basically taken away the only issue touts had. How to get the season ticket cards back.
Now they can just print individual tickets off.
Got the admin of the FB group to vouch for the guy and he did; when he sent over bank details it was in a different name - he wouldn't take a call because he said he was working.

Seemed very dodge so I blocked him instead.

Long and short is: looking for a pair for Spurs on 12th :lol:

RSL30

Afternoon all, im looking for a pair for the watford game sat together? Let me know if anybody has. We are both members! I dont fancy paying for the 150 quid a seat ones on the united website haha!

Robin

Got the admin of the FB group to vouch for the guy and he did; when he sent over bank details it was in a different name - he wouldn't take a call because he said he was working.

Seemed very dodge so I blocked him instead.

Long and short is: looking for a pair for Spurs on 12th :lol:
I am the same , I don’t use my own name on the Facebook groups , you have to remember that United monitor all the Facebook pages so if you use your name and put down all your seat details etc you could have problems , the best way is to pay PayPal goods and services as that way you can always get your money back.

MacGlock88

Looking for tickets.
Pairs, sitting together for the below -
Both members.

Spurs 12/03
Leicester 2/04

Will do a deal to take both games, if it’s suitable for seller.

Cheers.

Robaldo

I am the same , I don’t use my own name on the Facebook groups , you have to remember that United monitor all the Facebook pages so if you use your name and put down all your seat details etc you could have problems , the best way is to pay PayPal goods and services as that way you can always get your money back.
I get that, but based on the name on the card it wasn't the guy in the Facebook pictures.

Him and the admin had both set their accounts up in October 2021 - also when the Facebook group was created, so a bit suspicious.

Robin

I get that, but based on the name on the card it wasn't the guy in the Facebook pictures.

Him and the admin had both set their accounts up in October 2021 - also when the Facebook group was created, so a bit suspicious.
I agree, you’ve got to do your homework, so many scammers about.

ryan_forlan

Gullible
Hello.
I am looking for tickets for the leicester game. We need 4 tickets, but, even if you have 2, we can take it from you. Kindly reply here or DM.
One more thing, We will be tourists in UK. As soon as the date and time gets confirmed for the leicester game. I will want to book a train journey from London. Which site should I use for this to get the best prices? Any tips and tricks? I have been to london and Manchester before but never used the train. Kindly help.

robinrooney

Hello.
I am looking for tickets for the leicester game. We need 4 tickets, but, even if you have 2, we can take it from you. Kindly reply here or DM.
One more thing, We will be tourists in UK. As soon as the date and time gets confirmed for the leicester game. I will want to book a train journey from London. Which site should I use for this to get the best prices? Any tips and tricks? I have been to london and Manchester before but never used the train. Kindly help.
Trainsplit.

Basically searches tickets from the start point to the destination and sees if it is cheaper to split the journey up into 2/3/4/etc tickets. Often you don't even have to get off the train

ryan_forlan

Gullible
Need some help.
Four of us are travelling to Manchester for the Leicester game. We live in India, will be in London for a few days, as soon as the fixture date/time is confirmed, we will book our London-Manchester travel.
Last time we came (2015), someone from the caf helped us out. They took us to the ticket office on matchday and got our tickets transferred for that game. We did not have any kind of membership thing.
I see a lot of folks, sharing that they are full members etc., so that has made me wonder.
Out of the four of us:
  • Two are full members
  • Two are free members, I mean, I don't know if these count as members. These two have not paid anything, but on tickets.manutd.com, they see a membership ID.
My question is, while getting help from folks here to get tickets, does having a membership help? Does having a paid membership help? If paid membership helps, would 2 paid memberships help for four people?

Thanks a lot for your help. (If you have spares for Leicester, please DM me :-)) thanks.

robinrooney

Need some help.
Four of us are travelling to Manchester for the Leicester game. We live in India, will be in London for a few days, as soon as the fixture date/time is confirmed, we will book our London-Manchester travel.
Last time we came (2015), someone from the caf helped us out. They took us to the ticket office on matchday and got our tickets transferred for that game. We did not have any kind of membership thing.
I see a lot of folks, sharing that they are full members etc., so that has made me wonder.
Out of the four of us:
  • Two are full members
  • Two are free members, I mean, I don't know if these count as members. These two have not paid anything, but on tickets.manutd.com, they see a membership ID.
My question is, while getting help from folks here to get tickets, does having a membership help? Does having a paid membership help? If paid membership helps, would 2 paid memberships help for four people?

Thanks a lot for your help. (If you have spares for Leicester, please DM me :-)) thanks.
As long as you have a membership number, a ticket can be transferred to you. All 4 of you will be fine

K Stand Knut

Hello.
Having returned from London this weekend, I seriously doubt getting the train between London and Manchester is the most cost effective way. The prices are currently abhorrent!!

Car hire between the two cities might work out much cheaper, especially if there are a few of you.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I see the April tv games are due to be confirmed today. But that often becomes the week of.

Really need Arsenal v United to be the Sunday. You'd think it would be, so they can make it a super Sunday with Liverpool v Everton. But you never know.

MataFanatic

Still looking for a single for Watford preferably in Stretford End Tier 2 or TRA. Full Member

ryan_forlan

Gullible
I see the April tv games are due to be confirmed today. But that often becomes the week of.

Really need Arsenal v United to be the Sunday. You'd think it would be, so they can make it a super Sunday with Liverpool v Everton. But you never know.
We can know the day on which these fixtures are confirmed? How? @Sandikan
Please share.

Raimond

We can know the day on which these fixtures are confirmed? How? @Sandikan
Please share.
As knowledgeable as @Sandikan is mate, he's not sharing any inside knowledge! Sky list the days online when they are expected to announce their latest live games and fixture changes. The April fixtures are listed as being announced today- they're always late, but should be out sometime this week or next. For 'how'- keep your eye on Twitter and the fixture list I guess?!

ryan_forlan

Gullible
As knowledgeable as @Sandikan is mate, he's not sharing any inside knowledge! Sky list the days online when they are expected to announce their latest live games and fixture changes. The April fixtures are listed as being announced today- they're always late, but should be out sometime this week or next. For 'how'- keep your eye on Twitter and the fixture list I guess?!
Thanks. Found the sky page. Cheers.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I think there was someone on here once who was a genuine insider, but can't remember who!

But alas yes, they're always bloody late, and often takes until about 4pm on the Friday.

A guy at work is my route into the Arsenal United away game every year, albeit the wrong end (boy I've had some miserable games in there!, but also joy of Van Persie and that game we were 2-0 up very early on).
But the tickets go on sale Wed 10am, so i'll probably just have to gamble it'll be the Sunday or if not, ruck the other potential plans off for this. Especially as the "cheap" tickets are about £65. If I was getting in via United there's a £30 cap, but can't grumble, as those tickets are gold dust.

Heymrtangerineman

Has anyone had news about the ballot for A Madrid at home? There's just an error page on the website. Draw was supposed to be last week. Think it is very poor leaving it so late.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Has anyone had news about the ballot for A Madrid at home? There's just an error page on the website. Draw was supposed to be last week. Think it is very poor leaving it so late.
It's tomorrow.

Although knowing them they'll leave us hanging on until about 4.30pm

My most convenient budget hotel was already £103, so I hate to think what even the outskirts ones will be tomorrow. And that's IF being successful!

hoffycoffy

Hi all. Maybe not the best thread for this, but as a new member I have limited privileges... Returning to Manchester again for the Atletico match on 15th March and this time bringing a couple of mates with me - will be their first time. Last time in England was December 2019 and I was in the away end at Watford (shocking game for those who remember). Haven't been to Old Trafford since 2015, and last time I was there we all went to Sam Platts which was a cracking location before the match. I know Platts has gone now, so I'm looking for the best alternatives for a few pints and a proper loud atmosphere before the match. Is Bishop's Blaize the best now for the atmosphere? Or is The Trafford still fairly loud? Tollgate? Open to any of your recommendations!

I know that typically it's best to get to the pubs 3 or 4 hours before kickoff, but will this change at all given the significance of match or that it is on a Wednesday? Will many of the bars around the bar be going after the match or is it best to head back to city center for Nags Head, etc? Making the trip over seas is a very rare opportunity for us, so really want to make the most of it no matter what.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Hi all. Maybe not the best thread for this, but as a new member I have limited privileges... Returning to Manchester again for the Atletico match on 15th March and this time bringing a couple of mates with me - will be their first time. Last time in England was December 2019 and I was in the away end at Watford (shocking game for those who remember). Haven't been to Old Trafford since 2015, and last time I was there we all went to Sam Platts which was a cracking location before the match. I know Platts has gone now, so I'm looking for the best alternatives for a few pints and a proper loud atmosphere before the match. Is Bishop's Blaize the best now for the atmosphere? Or is The Trafford still fairly loud? Tollgate? Open to any of your recommendations!

I know that typically it's best to get to the pubs 3 or 4 hours before kickoff, but will this change at all given the significance of match or that it is on a Wednesday? Will many of the bars around the bar be going after the match or is it best to head back to city center for Nags Head, etc? Making the trip over seas is a very rare opportunity for us, so really want to make the most of it no matter what.
- Blaize will be loud but it's tourist central. Depends what you want. Trafford more of a mix. I prefer the Tollgate where it's more spontaneous and you can get to the bar. With it being a midweek game nowhere will be that rammed until 6.30ish (can't speak for the Blaize, I never go).

-Tough one post match. Tollgate is good for a beer and the tram back to town but unless it's a famous win doesn't tend to be bouncing after the game. Nags Head is great but last orders are 11pm.