All time British+Irish Fantasy Draft

MJJ

also, shouldn't we be pming our choices for election to a.neutral ?
crappy what happens if two people elect the same player?

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
also, shouldn't we be pming our choices for election to a.neutral ?
crappy what happens if two people elect the same player?
Does not matter if you PM it to a neutral or the mod since all players will revealed for the auction anyway. Everyone will have a chance to have a pop at him.
If a player is repeated we will open it up for more nominations.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Any spots still available? Haven't done a draft for a while and with these new formats...

Jayvin

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'll sit this one out. Also I reckon you should give it a month or so (maybe after Christmas) until starting this one. Feels like we've had so many drafts lately.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
We already have 2 first timers in already. Wouldn't hurt to invite more who frequently vote in the draft games

@Invictus @devilish
Sorry, would love to but I have some prior commitments that I can't wriggle my way out of. All work and no play. :sadsack:

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Keen on a South American one at some point. Anto would hump us all, but it would be tasty nonetheless.
Unlikely, I would end up with an Unknown Hardsell XI :lol:

Like the format and the way it forces quite a bit of research, same would apply to a SAM one as well. Good stuff.

crappycraperson

Scout
I'll sit this one out. Also I reckon you should give it a month or so (maybe after Christmas) until starting this one. Feels like we've had so many drafts lately.
I think this is a good time to start one with international break and all. Then we can have a break over Xmas

crappycraperson

Scout
It really depends on the pool of players, I'm not as knowledgeable in the British pool so I might stay out again sadly.

8 English + 3 Irish/Scottish/Wales?
It is all time British+Irish one(6 English + 5 others) draft, plus an auction one. So the best part is someone like Gio might put up some player for a bid, you can research him and then buy him :D

Annahnomoss

Let's finalize the teams first. I am also pondering if we should allow 3 foreigners who played in any of the top leagues in eligible countries.
Nah! I love the original idea, it will allow people to highlight those who fits the criteria. They get overlooked an awful lot because there are just so many more creative/better dribblers about from other countries.

Will be a much better draft if we let those players get a turn to shine a little bit instead of having Ronaldo/Rivaldo/Ronaldinho/Maradona blabla in the spotlight for the 200th draft.

crappycraperson

Scout
Nah! I love the original idea, it will allow people to highlight those who fits the criteria. They get overlooked an awful lot because there are just so many more creative/better dribblers about from other countries.

Will be a much better draft if we let those players get a turn to shine a little bit instead of having Ronaldo/Rivaldo/Ronaldinho/Maradona blabla in the spotlight for the 200th draft.
All those won't be available anyways since they did not play in any British or Irish league. It would allow players like Cantona, Henry, C.Ron in though. Don't think we can go for 16 teams just with home nation talent

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
All those won't be available anyways since they did not play in any British or Irish league. It would allow players like Cantona, Henry, C.Ron in though. Don't think we can go for 16 teams just with home nation talent
Why don't you do it with 10? Five games, the two winners with the smallest winning margin have a play off for the fourth spot in the semis. Play-offs would be topical, wouldn't they?

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
You can have a round for an underappreciated/unsuccessful geniuses that fecked their talent up, like Le Tissier (obviously the star), Friday and Trundle? I can imagine Stobz being particularly keen on Trundle :lol:

crappycraperson

Scout
Why don't you do it with 10? Five games, the two winners with the smallest winning margin have a play off for the fourth spot in the semis. Play-offs would be topical, wouldn't they?
We have 11 already right now

crappycraperson

Scout
I will wait for @Chesterlestreet @Cutch @VivaJanuzaj @Theon deciding on participation before starting either way. Will finalize playing rules then

Regardless first round would be for Marquee players indeed. So in the mean time participating managers can PM me their first round nomination for the same.

crappycraperson

Scout
I think we should wait till you finalize the rules as I think if ronaldo is allowed he will go in the marquee player round.

How do you determine which player is a marqueeplayer btw?
This is just British+Irish Marquee players

It is simple enough. Think of the best British players of all time.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
We have 11 already right now
Well you could do it similar to the NFL post season; go for 12 teams, 2 with the biggest winning margins get a bye to the semi finals, the other 4 play in 2 play offs. But I'm not sure that'll keep interest / be enough matches.

crappycraperson

Scout
Infact we don't need PMs.. open nominations is fine I guess

Nominations for round 1

George Best - crappy
Kenny Dalglish - Lynk

MJJ

This is just British+Irish Marquee players

It is simple enough. Think of the best British players of all time.
:lol:was just about to nominate best. Can we sign more than one player per round? OP says we can bid for as many as we want so am guessing its a yes but want to make sure.