All time British+Irish Fantasy Draft

Annahnomoss

Paul Scholes!!! (I have no clue how this works, can I just nominate player after player? I love it.)

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Nominations for round 1

George Best - crappy
Kenny Dalglish - Lynk
Duncan Edwards - Raaes
Dennis Law - MJJ
Bobby Chalrton - Annah

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Nominations for round 1

George Best - crappy
Kenny Dalglish - Lynk
Duncan Edwards - Raaes
Dennis Law - MJJ
Bobby Chalrton - Annah
John Charles - Skizzo
Ryan Giggs - Stobzilla

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
Nominations for round 1

George Best - crappy
Kenny Dalglish - Lynk
Duncan Edwards - Raaes
Dennis Law - MJJ
Bobby Chalrton - Annah
John Charles - Skizzo
Ryan Giggs - Stobzilla
Paul Scholes - Barney/Joga

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Only one non-united player so far. Christ guys.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Only one non-united player so far. Christ guys.
Danny Blanchflower
The problem is it's the marquee category. Will Blanchflower be marquee enough? Or Stanley Matthews? No, not really, not on Redcafe.

The fundamental question is whether they are taken in if put forward or left for a later category when people are desperate and would find them a gem. Personally, I think they belong with whoever wants them from the off and not as backup choices.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Cristiano Ronaldo (I don't what this is but everyone is nominating one)

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
I'll nominate Bobby Moore

Nominations for round 1

George Best - crappy
Kenny Dalglish - Lynk
Duncan Edwards - Raaes
Dennis Law - MJJ
Bobby Chalrton - Annah
John Charles - Skizzo
Ryan Giggs - Stobzilla
Paul Scholes - Barney/Joga
Bobby Moore - EAP

@crappycraperson Does nomination mean a default 10m bid? I think it should be. Else there would just be players in the auction pool no one wants.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
The problem is it's the marquee category. Will Blanchflower be marquee enough? Or Stanley Matthews? No, not really, not on Redcafe.

The fundamental question is whether they are taken in if put forward or left for a later category when people are desperate and would find them a gem. Personally, I think they belong with whoever wants them from the off and not as backup choices.
I can see Blanchflower being in demand later on for a certain reason but it's debatable whether he is a marquee player or not. Sir Stanley Matthews obviously is one but let us get the auction for United legends out of the way first would you :D

Skizzo

Wasn't it set up before that whoever you put forward automatically gets a 10m bid from whoever nominated them?

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Damn crappy. At least update the managers/AM's in 2nd post! :mad:
Hope we get 16 soon.

Current participants:
  1. crappycraperson
  2. Annahnomoss
  3. Edgar Allan Pillow
  4. Joga Bonito
  5. Gio
  6. Lynk
  7. Skizzo
  8. Raees
  9. MJJ
  10. Barney LFC
  11. Cal?
  12. Stobzilla
  13. ** Cutch ?
  14. ** VivaJanuzaj ?
  15. ** antohan?
  16. ** ?

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff

Matthews surely is? Considering how relatively poor the pool is. He won't go for the same amount as Best or Charlton, of course, but he should be with them. You can build a team around him.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Not sure how this category/auction format will pan out, to be honest. Seems to me that there's potentially zero gain in researching well and/or coming up with original players. Someone else could simply outbid you for 'em anyway - so the category part does seem a little superfluous to me.

Then again, perhaps it'll work swimmingly - my misgivings about the last draft were proven entirely wrong.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Not sure how this category/auction format will pan out, to be honest. Seems to me that there's potentially zero gain in researching well and/or coming up with original players. Someone else could simply outbid you for 'em anyway - so the category part does seem a little superfluous to me.

Then again, perhaps it'll work swimmingly - my misgivings about the last draft were proven entirely wrong.
I'm utterly shite at envisaging how these new formats will work out but what you said does seem to be a drawback of the auction format. The last auction draft worked okay in that regard though as a few people basically allowed others to blow big money early on the obvious picks, and then nominated slightly more obscure players later and got them for peanuts with less competition.

Skizzo

That's the biggest drawback to this format that I see. The benefit of researching and selling obscure picks is gone when someone else can just say "oh yeah" and outbid you.