EDogen:
Gio:
Antohan:
Stobzilla:
Isotope:
paceme:

Don't forget updating the list guys.

kps88

Me too. That happened quick. I'll be happy to step in after Theon if someone drops out/misses turns.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I do worry about it taking too long with 16 teams involved, but the problem with 6 hours is people sleep longer than that and some of us are in completely different time zones. With Jayvin for instance, no matter what, you knew at times that his turn was on and he wouldn't be around for ages because he was sleeping bang in the middle of our day.

As an alternative, if everyone agrees, we could have a staggered approach. That is, we aim for 6 hours but each manager can overrun that up to 12 once without his turn being bypassed, then 8, then 6 thereafter. That way we all have an incentive to be alert/PM picks to others if we won't be around, but get a break in case of unexpected/special circumstances.
We've done 6 hrs limit many times. Seems like they run Ok. I'll say, let's try 6 hrs limit for 2 rounds, and see how things going. If many complain about it, we can extend it.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
We've done 6 hrs limit many times. Seems like they run Ok. I'll say, let's try 6 hrs limit for 2 rounds, and see how things going. If many complain about it, we can extend it.
We definitely need to keep it 12 for now, at least until everyone has "checked in".

EDogen

Well that was fast getting all managers in. Good luck everyone and I'm hoping that we all can learn a bit more about all the great players in this draft.

antohan

In 1h12m it's KM's turn. BTW, please notice it is DanNistelrooy, not the one with a space when sending him PMs.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
In 1h12m it's KM's turn. BTW, please notice it is DanNistelrooy, not the one with a space when sending him PMs.
Yeah, I did make that mistake but I rectified it pretty quickly. He should've received his PM no more than two mins after I made my pick.

What do you think of Beckenbauer as the first pick in the whole draft?

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Wouldn't have picked him personally.

antohan

The main plus side I see is you have a first class midfield or defence option in the bag, which gives you flexibility going forward. Other than that, I wouldn't have picked him first.

I did expect him to go before my turn though, there's always 1/2 managers who leave attack for later and prioritise the bottom of a sturdy spine. They tend to do well, TBH.

Thisistheone

Yeah, I did make that mistake but I rectified it pretty quickly. He should've received his PM no more than two mins after I made my pick.

A good pick imo. Definitely the best German player ever and like antohan said, offers you flexibility at the back or in midfield.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
The main plus side I see is you have a first class midfield or defence option in the bag, which gives you flexibility going forward. Other than that, I wouldn't have picked him first.

I did expect him to go before my turn though, there's always 1/2 managers who leave attack for later and prioritise the bottom of a sturdy spine. They tend to do well, TBH.
Yeah, I'v noticed that before too.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
So I can pick in like half an hour?

I'm actually a bit confused who to pick.

KM

24 minutes.

If you would rather take your time to think through it we can swap places ;)
No thanks mate, I'm happy with my position.

I'll pick Lionel Messi

KM

Fergus'son: 1. Beckenbauer
DanNistelrooy
:
KM: 1. Messi
Thisistheone:
NM:
Cutch:
Brwned:
MJJ:
JakeC:
mightberight:
EDogen:
Gio:
Antohan:
Stobzilla:
Isotope:
paceme:

Don't forget updating the list guys.

antohan

DanNistelrooy
:
Thisistheone:
NM:
Cutch:
Brwned:
MJJ:
JakeC:
mightberight:
EDogen:
Gio:
Antohan:
Stobzilla:
Isotope:
paceme:

Could do with the quotes being deleted ;)

Thisistheone

DanNistelrooy:
Thisistheone: 1. Maradona
NM:
Cutch:
Brwned:
MJJ:
JakeC:
mightberight:
EDogen:
Gio:
Antohan:
Stobzilla:
Isotope:
paceme:

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
The debates on modern vs. past players will be epic :lol:
Indeed, you just saw the ultimate example there in Messi/Maradona!

No longer particulalry controversial for KM to have picked Messi first, he's been that good in this last year.

Thisistheone

Messi can show off his 4 golden balls all he likes. Maradona for me every day of the week.

Should be good fun debating this. :D

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Messi can show off his 4 golden balls all he likes. Maradona for me every day of the week.

Should be good fun debating this. :D
Haha, yeah I would have picked Maradona too personally.

antohan

Depends on what the rest of the team ends up looking like. Maradona's most striking edge on Messi is he could make a side work, while Messi has failed to rise beyond bad tactics/not ideal teammates.

Considering the expected quality of the sides and Messi being a more flexible option I would have him as the better pick, yet not the better All-Time great.

NM

DanNistelrooy:
NM:
Cutch:
Brwned:
MJJ:
JakeC:
mightberight:
EDogen:
Gio:
Antohan:
Stobzilla:
Isotope:
paceme:
is this the latest updated list? will pick now.

antohan

So just to be clear, as per the op, we're simply judging players based on their prime, and not longevity/overall achievements?
Prime form is the rule. Of course, longevity and achievements will still have an impact on voting, particularly with players most actually haven't watched at all and thus can't gage what their peak was like.

That's where picking Beckenbauer was a good move as well. For attacking players you always have stats to draw upon, but not defensive ones. How do you convey how good Domingos Da Guia was? Thiago Silva or Lucio would be more highly rated, ridiculous as it may sound.

NM

DanNistelrooy:
NM: 1. Pele
Cutch:
Brwned:
MJJ:
JakeC:
mightberight:
EDogen:
Gio:
Antohan:
Stobzilla:
Isotope:
paceme

I pick Pele.

NM

I thought the top three was sure to be Pele, Messi and Maradonna, so I'm glad I nabbed one of them from fifth spot.. That will stop my whining about my position.