All-Time Fantasy Draft

NM

Bugger, Cutch has gone offline :(
I PM'd him. Sorry guys - I picked as soon as I woke up.

Also since Aldo isn't replying:

advertising for an assistant manager with knowledge of footballers before the 90s!!

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
just seen this!

Beckenbauer first pick? WTF?!
The gulf between him and most others in his position is greater than the gulf between players in other positions. I think having him will help me form a better team overall, with the undoubted attacking talent that teams will have to face, having him there will be very advantageous.

Anyway, franz is one the greatest players ever, undoubtedly top 5 for me. If everyone wasn't so inclined to name a forward as the goat then perhaps he would be even higher?

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
just seen this!

Beckenbauer first pick? WTF?!
Sorry mate, I I thought about PMing you, Cold Boy, Theon, kps88 (he was online!), etc. I know how much you chaps enjoy this, but I felt it wasn't fair on others who may want to have a crack.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
The gulf between him and most others in his position is greater than the gulf between players in other positions. I think having him will help me form a better team overall, with the undoubted attacking talent that teams will have to face, having him there will be very advantageous.

Anyway, franz is one the greatest players ever, undoubtedly top 5 for me. If everyone wasn't so inclined to name a forward as the goat then perhaps he would be even higher?
Fair enough - he's a great player for sure, was just suprised to see him as first pick

Sorry mate, I I thought about PMing you, Cold Boy, Theon, kps88 (he was online!), etc. I know how much you chaps enjoy this, but I felt it wasn't fair on others who may want to have a crack.
No worries mate - probably for the best as it ends up taking far too much of my time and Im trying not to post too much nowadays!

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Sorry lads, busy day. I'll take Don Alfredo.

Fergus'son: 1. Beckenbauer
DanNistelrooy:
KM: 1. Messi
Thisistheone: 1. Maradona
NM: 1. Pele
Cutch: 1. Best
Brwned: 1. Di Stéfano
MJJ: 1.
JakeC: 1.
mightberight: 1.
EDogen: 1.
Gio: 1.
Antohan: 1.
Stobzilla: 1.
Isotope: 1.
paceme: 1.

antohan

Seems like I won't be the only one arguing over modern vs. old school for two months.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Who can really argue with 8 league titles + 5 European Cups in 11 seasons, never mind over 300 goals in under 400 games?

Real Madrid
396 appearances, 307 goals
Primera División: 1954, 1955, 1957, 1958, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964 (8)
European Cup: 1955–56, 1956–57, 1957–58, 1958–59, 1959–60 (5)

I think pretty much before Maradona's era is going to be marked down as an "old" player of lesser quality by some people but hopefully most people will look at it in terms of relative greatness. Di Stéfano and the rest are big enough names to negate that though, I'll be defending a lot of old players but Alfredo hopefully won't be one of them! Ahead of his time, a total footballer.

antohan

Being last is shit.
At least you get to pick two in one go, which is very handy. I have almost all your downside and none of the upside.

The best place to be is 6-7 I reckon, never wait too long for the next pick (thus not exposed to random swings taking out an entire position), have a shot at top players and likely to have early dibs on reinforcements after the first knockout.

That said, we have seen well positioned managers get it spectacularly wrong and viceversa.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Who can really argue with 8 league titles + 5 European Cups in 11 seasons, never mind over 300 goals in under 400 games?

Real Madrid
396 appearances, 307 goals
Primera División: 1954, 1955, 1957, 1958, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964 (8)
European Cup: 1955–56, 1956–57, 1957–58, 1958–59, 1959–60 (5)

I think pretty much before Maradona's era is going to be marked down as an "old" player of lesser quality by some people but hopefully most people will look at it in terms of relative greatness. Di Stéfano and the rest are big enough names to negate that though, I'll be defending a lot of old players but Alfredo hopefully won't be one of them! Ahead of his time, a total footballer.
Yeah I was certain you'd pick Di Stefano, versatile and a strong shout for top 5 of all time, wasn't sure if MJJ, JakeC, mightberight or Edogen had him in mind as well?

EDogen

Yeah I was certain you'd pick Di Stefano, versatile and a strong shout for top 5 of all time, wasn't sure if MJJ, JakeC, mightberight or Edogen had him in mind as well?
He was one of my top 5 for next pick yes.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Being last is shit.
We've seen folk win from all areas of the order. Being at either end allows you to pick a pair to better shape a team, but at the same time a 14-pick gap can see a rush of players in one position and you're unable to respond. Probably more influential in the grand scheme of things is the marquee reinforcements picked up through the competition.

paceme

Golly Gilmore
“What’s the matter, lager boy, scared you might ta
We've seen folk win from all areas of the order. Being at either end allows you to pick a pair to better shape a team, but at the same time a 14-pick gap can see a rush of players in one position and you're unable to respond. Probably more influential in the grand scheme of things is the marquee reinforcements picked up through the competition.
TBH, i'm referring more to the waiting around :p

NM

I'm regretting my pele pick right now. it was him or best for me... still unsure i picked right.

EDogen

Ah just as well Brwned took him then. I'd be shooting my load if he was still available just one pick away.
Yeah, it feels like everytime a player you want gets picked you have to think over your strategy again. And right now in the start they go one after one of course. But I like it.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Best was the standout pick in the game IMO, would have been my first choice. Such an incredible player and from a country with a tiny pool of players.

That said, it's still Pele. Could be worse.

NM

Best was the standout pick in the game IMO, would have been my first choice. Such an incredible player and from a country with a tiny pool of players.

That said, it's still Pele. Could be worse.
I know. Still, little regret. So many other good Brazilians! PM'd you btw.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Sorry been busy with exams, I'll go for Cristiano Ronaldo

Fergus'son: 1. Beckenbauer
DanNistelrooy: Cristiano Ronaldo
KM: 1. Messi
Thisistheone: 1. Maradona
NM: 1. Pele
Cutch: 1. Best
Brwned: 1. Di Stéfano
MJJ: 1.
JakeC: 1.
mightberight: 1.
EDogen: 1.
Gio: 1.
Antohan: 1.
Stobzilla: 1.
Isotope: 1.
paceme: 1.

Guessing someone has already messaged the next person

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
MJJ not about? He better not go with who I'm going with.