Almiron 2018/2019

AndyJ1985

Bought him for next to nothing on FM as my backup AM and he was amazing. That's all I know about him

AgentP

I have known him since the last 45 minutes when I saw a highlights video on YouTube! He is strong, pacy and has a rocket left foot. I think he'll fit in well.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
He is a fantastic player was brilliant the past 2 years for Atlanta and in a season where Josef Martinez got a lot of the headlines it is still easy to see who the better player is. Almiron has great vision and always wants o bring the ball up the field he's pacey has a good shot on him that left foot is great and has good dribbling ability. He thinks quickly and is one step ahead (granted in the MLS). With that being said I think Newcastle is a horrible fit for him IMO no disrespect to the club but he should have gone to a different kind of club and preferably not a premier league move as his first once leaving MLS.

the_irish123

His performance in MLS is astonishing, he's their Messi. That being said, I think it's a terrible fit in Premier League.

Adam Bar

He was immense for Lanus in his year there, and was instrumental for them winning the Argentinian league including an amazing league final.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Massive step up in class, unfortunately to one of the worse teams in the league, massive change in environment and culture can only see him failing unfortunately.

forevrared

He's brilliant but for the life of me I can't understand why he was so desperate to move to England if Newcastle were the only club in for him. His style of play doesn't come close to suiting a relegation battling side. I will say though, for as much as he looks every bit the part of the small, quick playmaker; he will always put in a defensive shift and work his socks off. I'm not overly optimistic, but hoping for the best for him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's a bit shite, really. Speed and stamina in a player at this level is so prevalent. He has nothing else to his game.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
I like him, hasn’t adapted well to English football so far but I think he’ll come good. He was a very intelligent player for Atlanta and has done well at international level when I’ve watched. Obviously it’s a big step up from MLS but I do think he’ll improve as this season goes.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Who is worse, him or Joelinton?
Joelinton is miles better. He's an odd player for Newcastle to have gone for - if you look at his underlying pressing / passing numbers his closest analogue is Firmino (plus both came through Hoffenheim). He's not the sort to score 20+ goals necessarily but if he were in a better team where he could drop deep and bring others into play more, he'd look much better. An odd fit at Newcastle.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I like him, hasn’t adapted well to English football so far but I think he’ll come good. He was a very intelligent player for Atlanta and has done well at international level when I’ve watched. Obviously it’s a big step up from MLS but I do think he’ll improve as this season goes.
He'll never adapt. He is a player who will never suit a relegation level club who struggle to hold possession and play shit football. He'd be far better off at a mid/top table type team in a weaker league so he can be on top of games. French or Portuguese league for example.

He's a diving little twat with an annoying face though so I don't care how he does.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Someone in the transfer forum thought you should move for him :lol:

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Poor business by toons, as almost usual. By 24M€ they could had got much better. By 10M€ or less they would had taken Paulinho from Braga who I actually think it fits the EPL style and would be much better served (not top player, but he's a fighter), and by 25M€ they would had got Marega into their ranks who is by far a much better player.

Alabaster Codify7

Of all the 'smaller' clubs in the PL, Newcastle seem to squander the most money. I've lost count of the number of flash-in-the-pan foreign signings they've made (always seem to be CB or strikers) for reasonably big money (£20-35m) who flop massively.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Of all the 'smaller' clubs in the PL, Newcastle seem to squander the most money. I've lost count of the number of flash-in-the-pan foreign signings they've made (always seem to be CB or strikers) for reasonably big money (£20-35m) who flop massively.
This one was terrible. 24M€ for a MLS player, for crying out loud!

SATA

I remember he was awesome in the MLS scoring every week by loads. The Prem is obviously too high a level for him

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He reminds me of a forward we used to have, Andi Weimann. Plays the game at 100mph and constantly rushes his shots and passing. Was he really always scoring in the MLS?

Saint Maximn on the other flank had a bit of a circus act going in the second half aswell.

Robbie Boy

Him and his mate Joelinton are all kinds of awful. Almiron arrived at Newcastle with all this weird hype and supposed interest from Real. Safe to say he's been a failure so far.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
They have one clown after another in attack. No wonder the defenders are their top scorers.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Perez & Rondon were better for them than these two are. Newcastle a bit like Palace this season are a plucky team, you know their forwards are shit and don't score regularly but their defenders and the odd midfielder will pop up with a goal for them at some point.

SAFMUTD

Thats why you dont sign players directly from the MLS, the level is so shitty that players like Almiron seem like worldclass when in fact they’re really really poor.