Alphonso Davies | Verbally agreed to join Real Madrid

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Mbappe and alphonso in the summer is insane. They really are going for it at the moment. So set for the future it’s almost a cheat code at this point.
They need a Kroos replacement. And those don' tgrow on trees. They are probably currently offering him the world to stay one more year.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
They need a Kroos replacement. And those don' tgrow on trees. They are probably currently offering him the world to stay one more year.
He's putting a fight but is eager to renew. He looks good and with support, otherwise he would not have returned to the national team.
I think what he was saying about retiring at 33 was in a scenario where his contract/presence would be a burden.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
We are and feel confident of our chances :drool::drool::drool:

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
I hope he stays another year. He is still too good to retire. Real will be his last club and what a career he has had.
I was searching for a document in my mailbox and one of the search results showed me a thread reply to the Kroos thread back in 2014. Just brilliant :lol::lol::lol:

Brutally overrated and limited footballer, dunno what Real saw in him but glad they bought him to throw a wrench into their winning formula.

People like to classify him as a "Xavi type" player when that's the last thing that he is. Inflating your pass completion stats and running exactly to where the ball is doesn't quantify what it means to play like Xavi. Kroos always runs exactly to where the ball is a la Arteta which achieves nothing while a prime Xavi would run into space so that he could receive the ball and transition the play into different zones or phases. Kroos hardly ever moves in between the lines or makes passes in between the lines, which again is a key factor of Xavi's success (he'd be in front of the defense to pick up balls at times, other times ahead of Messi as a CF to make 1-2's or wall-passes, moving out wide as Alves bombed forward, etc.). Kroos on the other hand is brutally static and does nothing but slow down the play (much like an almost 35 year old Xavi in 2014). He can't dribble or turn to create space, his throughballs are nonexistent, and his supposedly wicked shot is overestimated. He's not too active defensively either, only making tackles or pressing when the players are right in front of him.

Real Madrid are screwing themselves if they shove him into their starting lineup. Offers nothing new considering what Modric does, and the Croatian does it with magnitudes more ability. The only truly notable thing that Kroos gives is set piece delivery, which unsurprisingly was the only highlights of his World Cup sans the Brazil defensive collapse. Of course, set pieces are crucial for a team like Real Madrid who have the best aerial players in the world but I wouldn't waste my time fielding a player just because he does that. Especially considering that with Di Maria's departure, Kroos will slow down the play to no end and effectively kill the danger they had on counterattacks. Thank you Kroos, you will be for Real Madrid what Flopregas was for Barcelona

dubplate warrior

Works great for a team with a diamond or one that plays with a very high line, a little like Kyle Walker.

Good signing for Real.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
I'm not convinced he is the right player for Real Madrid to be honest.

Whoever is playing on the left - Vini, Mbappe, etc - isn't going to be very interested in defending. Putting Davies behind them is obviously super dynamic going forward but also asking for trouble. Not to mention that if you have Davies, Vini ,and Mbappe on the field together that means a LW who wants to get into space and dribble from the left corner of the box, a CF who wants to drift to the left and dribble/create from the same area, and a LB who also thrives on getting into those same spaces and taking men on. It feels like overkill. They would do better with a LB who provided a solid defensive platform and/or who was a really talented passer to play balls into Vini and Mbappe. Then get an ultra attacking RB to provide width and threat on the other side.

Last edited:
Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
I'm not convinced he is the right player for Real Madrid to be honest.

Whoever is playing on the left - Vini, Mbappe, etc - isn't going to be very interested in defending. Putting Davies behind them is obviously super dynamic going forward but also asking for trouble. Not to mention that if you have Davies, Vini ,and Mbappe on the field together that means a LW who wants to get into space and dribble from the left corner of the box, a CF who wants to drift to the left and dribble/create from the same area, and a LB who also thrives on getting into those same spaces and taking men on. It feels like overkill. They would do better with a LB who provided a solid defensive platform and/or who was a really talented passer to play balls into Vini and Mbappe. Then get an ultra attacking RB to provide width and threat on the other side.
rumour has it Hakimi is eyeing a return. Also real now play 4-4-2 diamond. It will be the players on the flanks of the diamond task with backing him defensively. Not the likes of Vin jr. If they still played a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 a fullback like Davies wouldn't suit them. Right now their aim is to get fullbacks who provide with, their two cbs and tchoumeni hold fort. Whilst the two flankers on the diamond run midfield, while Vink, mbappe, Endrick, Rodrygo in which ever pairing spend all game attacking the box at will

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
They're building another superpower team.

redNATION

Their squad planning is exceptional, amazing how they get rid of old players for value and replace them with the next generation of stars, without needing a decade in “transition”.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
‘24 or ‘25??! How does that work?
“Yeah Madrid, I’ll sign for you eventually!”
Contract up in 25, so he's saying if you want to pay for me this summer I'll join but also happy to wait and join upon end of contract.

Hughes35

Image being a Real Madrid fan, it must be crazy knowing you're the absolute pinnacle of football.

They literally cherry pick any player they want.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Nice, now hoping we can reach an agreement with Bayern so he can join this year and not the next.

Leaves the RB position for the rebuild to complete. Sadly there does not seem to be anyone in particular.

Remember the geese

Contract up in 25, so he's saying if you want to pay for me this summer I'll join but also happy to wait and join upon end of contract.
Shouldn't be allowed. Madrid can low ball Bayern all summer, safe in the knowledge that Davies has agreed to join them for nothing a year from now. Clubs obviously agree a deal with the player before negotiating with the club, but it shouldn't be out there so publicly. It's as if they are laughing at the rules.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
He has stagnated for us, it will be maddening when he goes to the royal bastards and starts killing it again.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He has stagnated for us, it will be maddening when he goes to the royal bastards and starts killing it again.
It's a good balance so far: they've had Kroos and Alaba, you've had Robben and Alonso. They'll give you Rodrygo or something in 2-3 years time to make up for Davies.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
It's a good balance so far: they've had Kroos and Alaba, you've had Robben and Alonso. They'll give you Rodrygo or something in 2-3 years time to make up for Davies.
They can have Fran Garcia for 50 mil. Sounds like a fair deal to me :wenger:

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Pretty sure Bayern will be privy to these convos but tbh tapping up happens all the time still.
Yeah, but very rarely are the guilty ones announced to the world :lol:. I'm just being half-facetious. Madrid basically telling Bayern: either sell him for a reasonable (or cheap) price this summer, or we'll wait if you're being unreasonable....

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Image being a Real Madrid fan, it must be crazy knowing you're the absolute pinnacle of football.

They literally cherry pick any player they want.
Meh. RM fans are intolerant to shite and demand high standards. We on the other hand back mediocrity and have no standards. And we have McTominay. So we win.