Music alt-J

Scrumpet

There are no words
It is ungooglable. It'd be the perfect name for the ultimate hipster band. Is that what it is?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Interesting vocals, take a while to get used to but liking them.

Listening more, the vocals are eerily similar to The Temper Trap.

Baxter

I really like bands like Alt-J, Temper Trap, XX, Mumford and Sons. Any others recommendations?

Scrumpet

There are no words
I listened to the album there and I really like Breezeblocks, Something Good and particularly Taro. On the other hand I could have done without the pretentious 'Interludes' and Fitzpleasure is one of the worst things I've ever heard.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I listened to the album there and I really like Breezeblocks, Something Good and particularly Taro. On the other hand I could have done without the pretentious 'Interludes' and Fitzpleasure is one of the worst things I've ever heard.
Yeah agreed. I deleted the Interlude and will probably end up deleting Fitzpleasure. Taro is wonderful.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Fitzpleasure is the best track off the album. Enjoy this album, even though they can come across as a bit pretentious.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Bit's are superb and some arrangements are particularly class... Similarly I really enjoy the frontmans strange vocals but occasionally it gets too much. Few stunners but overly i'm not bowled over.

Baxter

Just went back and listened to the album again. Fallen back in love with it. Utterly fantastic.

JmRssll555

I really like bands like Alt-J, Temper Trap, XX, Mumford and Sons. Any others recommendations?
Maybe a little bit different to those you mentioned, but Chvrches are really good and have some similarities to the Temper Trap and the XX. They're a fairly new, Scottish band and the NME gave their debut album 8/10. Well worth having a listen.

Also, for something similar to Mumford & Sons you should check out Frightened Rabbit - another Scottish band, but more established and I think they're on to their fourth studio album now. The track called "The Woodpile" from the latest album is really great.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Just went back and listened to the album again. Fallen back in love with it. Utterly fantastic.
It's a fecking work of art.

A multi layered, textured, coloured, HD, 3D peice of art. I've listened to it god knows how many times and I still hear a new little nugget of goodness I missed all the other times.

vanthaman

Winner
Is this a cult? When do we get to take part in a mass suicide so we can join the aliens on the planet Zoltan

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
New album This Is All Yours out on Sept 22nd :D

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Yessss

One of the best moments of my life was seeing them and Foals back to back at Glastonbury.

Unbelievably good. My favourite album in the last 5 years for sure.