6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt851

Only watched two videos so far, and they mostly show him running with the ball into space. Not a single situation where the opposing team had men behind the ball.

Hope he is good in that regard, and hope his passing and combination game is good as well. Guess I need to watch more videos.
Most of the videos seem to show him playing in a park as well so hard to read too much into them

croadyman

This vid was a good illustration of his dribbling.
Yeah good dribbler and can certainly beat a player which this team definitely lacks, only thing we haven't seen on any of these videos is can he deliver a low style cross from the wide areas

caleb2003

I think getting through the FA cup and hopefully getting a good draw vs lower div opponents will be crucial if this guy or Pellestri are to get any first team minutes this season, otherwise only dead rubbers at the end are likely for them.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Great. So we can expect him to score about 1500 goals over the next 15 years and be the greatest player ever to exist in the history of football?
We already have a player in the academy that's scored 600+ goals.

1500 goals for GOAT is a bit underwhelming.

jeepers

Kid is definitely talented, however I’m unsure how that would translate into first team football in England. The defending in his highlight videos are mostly physical, not technical, and honestly at a pretty low standard.

He looks better than Tahith for sure, but even Tahith looked very good at youth level.

I’m still very excited regardless. Loving our transfer strategy of going for these youngsters like Diallo and Pallestri. Get in Caicedo in too! Looking forward to Diallo megging fullback and midfielders on his debut!!

croadyman

There's no chance this guys going in the u23s.

When do you think he could get an opportunity in the next few weeks, my gut feeling is that it could come in the next round of the FA Cup provided that we can get the job done later today. Would love to say we could do something mental like putting him on the bench at Anfield as a complete wildcard if he had a great weeks training but not gonna happen.

NoPace

My ridiculous guess is he'll be a current Willian/Bernard level and style sort of this year and hopefully prime Willian type by some point next season or the year after. I'm sure I'll have a new take after his first couple games.

macheda14

My ridiculous guess is he'll be a current Willian/Bernard level and style sort of this year and hopefully prime Willian type by some point next season or the year after. I'm sure I'll have a new take after his first couple games.
If he's the level of current Willian then he'd be absolutely shocking and belong nowhere near the team.

NoPace

If he's the level of current Willian then he'd be absolutely shocking and belong nowhere near the team.
Sorry, poorly written, I guess I haven't watched Arsenal close enough the weeks he's been in, I meant more the last year at Chelsea (apart from maybe that one month he scored a bunch). 12 Brazil caps in 2018 and 2019, he only properly fell off this year.

Diallo is 18. https://www.transfermarkt.com/spiel...&jahrgang=0&land_id=0&kontinent_id=0&yt0=Show

Even if he's currently the 3rd best player on this list of all wingers 19 and under (which would be fine considering he's 18) behind Fatu and Greenwood, we're talking about guys scoring 1 in 10 at best, mostly in tougher leagues. You have to be a very creative passer and a hell of a dribbler to be Diallo's size and presumably not a plus defensive player and be fighting for real minutes here on the right over us using Greenwood or just throwing James or Rashford there with Pogba, Martial or James at LW instead of Rashford. We need quality but we do have attacking quantity at a tough level for even a very gifted 18 year old to break in.

If in his first 6 months we see good flashes and he's comparable level to say current James or Januzaj that year he was good under Moyes or Pulisic in his debut year for Dortmund at 18 that'll be just fine. If we're serious about the title it's far more likely it will with Rashford at RW and 2 strong final 20 league games (or 3 guys accounting for close to 40 games) from 2 other players in the front 3. I'd probably have Rashford-Martial-Greenwood as the one 3 man attacking group that would be up there around #4 of the Rashford at LW options since we saw them combine well and intuitively it makes sense that Martial dropping deep and linking play should suit Greenwood's strengths cutting in towards goals and his weaknesses (getting on the ball)

Rashford at RW:
1. Pogba at LW, Cavani up top
2. Martial at LW, Cavani up top
3. Pogba at LW, Martial up top
4. James at LW, Cavani up top (he hits crosses near keeper should suit Cavani fine)
5. Pogba out left, Greenwood up top
6. Van De Beek or Bruno as a false 9, Martial up top
7. James at LW, Martial up top (this seems like a bad combo unless Rashford is way way up the field basically as a 9 with Bruno moving into space on the right more and Wan-Bissaka better be making runs like Jordi fecking Alba in 2012

Rashford at LW:
1. Greenwood RW, Martial up top
2. Diallo at RW, Cavani up top
3. Greenwood RW, Cavani up top
4. Diallo up top, Martial out right

3 at the back
6. 3 at the back James at RWB
7. 3 at the back and WanBissaka is the RWB

LUC1f3R

Hope we get weaker opponents in next FA cup rounds so that both him and Pellistri can get a chance to play with the team.

Don't think they will get chance in UEL with tougher opposition

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I notice the U23s play Leicester next Monday - it'll be very interesting to see whether him and Pellestri plays in the same team together (I imagine Pellestri's isolation will be up by then).

lost7

I notice the U23s play Leicester next Monday - it'll be very interesting to see whether him and Pellestri plays in the same team together (I imagine Pellestri's isolation will be up by then).
I doubt Diallo will play on Monday. I don't think there'll be enough time for him to recover after scoring a hat trick the day before

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I doubt either will play, they'll probably be knackered after their hat tricks against Liverpool on Sunday.

Red00012

Is that been shown on MUTV ?

croadyman

The thought of maybe having these two as a bench option at some point this season would be amazing, look at the bench tonight and swap out Mata & James for these two and we would have some interesting depth out wide

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Off the bench Martial like goal against Liverpool on his debut

Bwuk

I really hope he comes good because a left footed RW is one of our obvious weaknesses in the first team.

Member 90887

I'd say that if James can have a place on the bench, Diallo definitly should have. it wouldn't hurt having him on the bench seeing as James give us nothing when he's on.

croadyman

I'd say that if James can have a place on the bench, Diallo definitly should have. it wouldn't hurt having him on the bench seeing as James give us nothing when he's on.
Yeah can we swap those two for Sunday, doesn't have to come on but just give him a taste of being with the first team

Glorio

Has he even landed in England yet?
No idea, was expecting the usual photo op and interviews (and hopefully how his team mates are blown away and gobsmacked by his quality) early this week but as of right now there's nothing.

croadyman

No idea, was expecting the usual photo op and interviews (and hopefully how his team mates are blown away and gobsmacked by his quality) early this week but as of right now there's nothing.
According to Whitwell tweet earlier he has been doing some individual training and now Ole will decide whether to involve him with the rest of our first team group

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
According to Whitwell tweet earlier he has been doing some individual training and now Ole will decide whether to involve him with the rest of our first team group
Can just imagine Phelan, Solskjaer, Carrick and McKenna sat behind the X-factor desk deciding whether or not to buzz him into first team training.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
The way people talk about him and the vibe you get is that this dudes gonna be an instant gem

Adnan

Talent Spotter
If we he takes time to find his feet (normal for a teen) then people on here will be quick to bump the Sancho threads.

croadyman

If we he takes time to find his feet (normal for a teen) then people on here will be quick to bump the Sancho threads.
Will give him plenty of time to adapt and hopefully others do the same

Status
Not open for further replies.