Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Sure the Manchester Evening News team is nowhere near good enough to test him
Hahahaha very good.

Point still stands though. I'm not boarding the hype train until I see him taking likes of Chillwell, Cancelo and Robertson apart.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He’s scored for them in one of his cameos and he looked really lively in the CL when he came on. He should be on our bench getting the rotation minutes
Like I said let's not get carried away and let him develop and bed in.

Sadly I think that ship has already sailed. The hype train is in overdrive.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Hahahaha very good.

Point still stands though. I'm not boarding the hype train until I see him taking likes of Chillwell, Cancelo and Robertson apart.
I see your point and agree. Let's give him time. The likes of Salah took time to develop and he could be every bit as special

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I Refuse to get excited with this guy until I see him doing this versus Men.

He's looked a class apart at youth level but we haven't seen him do it where it really counts yet.

In the brief amount of games he did have in the Atalanta first team he didn't do a great deal did he?
He scored on his debut and had a good cameo in the CL this season... he's also played less than a full game at professional level.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He scored on his debut and had a good cameo in the CL this season... he's also played less than a full game at professional level.
Yet one poster thought that he'd played a full game in the UCL, played in Serie A and by training with their first team that merited an immediate inclusion into our first team.
The lack of patience is unbelievable

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Precisely my point. He's definitely a talent but that doesn't always equate to success in the men's game.

Our fans do tend to blow their loads quickly though sadly. Januzaj was going to be the next big thing. That went well.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yet one poster thought that he'd played a full game in the UCL, played in Serie A and by training with their first team that merited an immediate inclusion into our first team.
The lack of patience is unbelievable
Yup. He actually has 59 total minutes. He does look a level above (when he gets the ball), but he'll need time to get used to everything physically.

Toad

His highlight reel vs Liverpool is better than that of some entire season reels.

Mainoldo

All I’m saying he’s clearly better than this level today. He should be in North London on the bench.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Athletic say he scored twice? Was he good?
Yep really nice performance. It was a tough match in tricky windy conditions but whenever he got the ball he looked classy.

His close control in particular was great to see, killed it did with a solid first touch then sped away with close touched dribbling, and his speed on the ball was really nice to see.

Most importantly though he didn’t just dribble into blind alleys, he always picked the the right pass and was involved with 3 or 4 of the goals.

Idxomer

All I’m saying he’s clearly better than this level today. He should be in North London on the bench.
I think he needed the minutes before any involvement with the 1st team.

If James and Mata still get ahead of him on the bench in the next couple of weeks, it would be very disappointing.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
He does look really talented in that video. Glad to see him kick start well even if it is only under 23s. Hope Ole gives him a chance soon.

Delano

He can't come into the first team soon enough. We're crying out for something on that right hand side.

Zoo

Yeah I think we need to fast track him. We did it with Greenwood last season. If he shows he’s up to it they can share the RW role.

Idxomer

He's already the best dribbler at the club and we need someone badly like him at the right side right now.

mav_9me

He was obviously the best player on the pitch. Clearly this was below his level. But I assume this is to get his match fitness up.

Low centre of gravity, brilliant close control make him an excellent dribbler. And he played with his head up.

I'll be honest with the state of our RW I don't see how we can afford to not play him there now. I am completely serious.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Have to bring him in, we've gone stale
Exactly this. It looks like teams know again how to play with us. We either change something, which I can't see happening at this stage of the season, or we introduce a different variable to our attack. Amad is unpredictable and different to what we have.

Let's spruce it up. I can't see him playing for the U23s again after today.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Stuck out like a sore thumb. There's a space in the team for him right now and I think Ole has him earmarked to fill it right away. Definitely on course to be fast-tracked now IMO. Expecting him to get at least 30 minutes against Southampton and then if he looks half as impressive as he did today, he starts against Everton :devil:

RashyForPM

Stuck out like a sore thumb. There's a space in the team for him right now and I think Ole has him earmarked to fill it right away. Definitely on course to be fast-tracked now IMO. Expecting him to get at least 30 minutes against Southampton and then if he looks half as impressive as he did today, he starts against Everton :devil:
Not happening, although I wish you were right. Mason on the right and Marcus on the left for both games. Diallo probably won’t even make the bench even though all the proof points to him being a far better player than Dan James.

MiracleInMadrid

Everything we need offensively in the team by the looks of it. We need his confidence.

Obviously I don't expect anywhere near this level of performance in the first team, but his sheer pace and will to take opponents on will do us well.

My fear is that he will get the same task as our other dribblers often find themselves in. The task of having to get past two or three opponents or find a lone teammate among several well-positioned opponents with a cross. We still struggle to setup our team to put players like him, Rashford and Martial in situations where they can take full advantage of their dribbling and acceleration. Our build up play is too slow and unorganised.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He looks super confident as well.
he’s definitely a baller and already too good for that level. 40 million quid players should be in your team in some capacity . Obviously the leap in quality is massive but I think he should be getting minutes at the end of games as soon as possible. It’s hard to find a perfect time when his arrival has coincided with the team in poor form.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Just seen the score is 6:3 United, wow. Amad with a panenka penalty and great performance and Hugill the new Will Keane. We have some very talented players, just need to develop them well. Amad should be around the first team and ready for the last 5-10 minutes already. Maybe another game or two in the reserves but should be a regular on the bench, we need that kind of excitement and Martial and co to work harder. once Amad build his fitness he will be mint.

r0663664

Worships Man City
He needs to be on the bench at least. Ole should hook off Rashford or Martial or Greenwood if they underperformed by half time. I can't believe Ole keeps allowing our standard to drop by continously letting these players off especially Martial.

Status
Not open for further replies.