6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

city-puma

Robben was absolutely rapid and appears to be a lot more athletically gifted than Diallo from what I've seen.

Diallo looks fast but not outstandingly so and does seem to have a deceptive strength that many players with a low centre of gravity have. He seems similar to Hazard and Sterling physically, hopefully he has the same acceleration at the men's level as those two have. Technically and mentally he looks great.
Fair opinion same as mine. He is a bit like Sancho. Good ball control, quick feet, great balance, great sense of timing, but lack of explosive acceleration. When he has the ball and dribbles, you won’t feel he is not fast.

Grande

My hope for him, is that by the summer we can start to use him like Nani when Ronaldo was her. We should sell Martial and sign Sancho, so that we have a proper three man wing rotation of players that can and are willing to play either flank.
I won’t criticize your fantasies, but do remember to keep them separate from reality.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I do think he will get some minutes off the bench soon for us in the first team but people really do need to hold back the hype for a little bit. The talent is there for us to see but he needs to impress in men's football before we start hyping up to the levels I'm seeing. We never learn though.

Hope to see him come off the bench against Westham in the cup maybe. That would be a good boost for us.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It remains to be seen how he handles the step up to the first team in England but it seems like Ole is gonna play him soon enough.

Also people forget or are oblivious to the fact that Diallo was on his way to Parma on loan to play in their first team before we intervened and agreed a deal with Atalanta. Had we not agreed a deal to sign him he would've likely have played a number of games for Parma in their first team. So him not starting a game at first team level is down to our club because we likely felt a loan to Parma would've exposed his talent to a wider audience hence the price would've gone up.

I've watched this kid in numerous games playing for Atalanta's youth and he's a wide player with a profile that we don't have at the club IMO. He's not a player that will cut in and shoot only like someone alluded to earlier but he's rather a wide play maker who will get involved in our build-up play where his link up play, movement and passing with both feet, along with his ability to dribble in tight spaces will open up the game for us potentially and add even more creativity to a team that needs it. That doesn't mean he won't shoot if he's with-in range like he demonstrated at Atalanta when making his debut as a 17 year old and hence becoming the youngest player to score in Serie A.

He's not similar to Robben in profile as a wide player. Robben was very one footed and had great pace along with superb dribbling at a young age. But he was more direct at the same age in the mould of a traditional wide player who hugged the touch line. Diallo is different in that he's more in the mould of a Frank Ribery who will cut inside and get involved in the build up play and add a creative element to the team. Diallo's also adept at using both feet which makes him very dangerous for opponents due to his ability to go either side which is something we haven't had at the club for years. Also for his age his technical ability is supreme with good acceleration and ability to pass with either foot. He's a young player that I hope we afford the time/patience to because I feel he has the potential to make the right sided role his own in the mid to long term. And along with Hannibal Mejbri I'm hoping both young talents fulfil their potential and are afforded the patience by the club which I believe will be the case under Solskjaer.

Idxomer

Also people forget or are oblivious to the fact that Diallo was on his way to Parma on loan to play in their first team before we intervened and agreed a deal with Atalanta. Had we not agreed a deal to sign him he would've likely have played a number of games for Parma in their first team.
I really think he would've been just a few months away now from his transfer to Juve if he was loaned to Parma.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Fair opinion same as mine. He is a bit like Sancho. Good ball control, quick feet, great balance, great sense of timing, but lack of explosive acceleration. When he has the ball and dribbles, you won’t feel he is not fast.
How can you watch that video and think that? watch the part where he glides through the centre of the pitch. He accelerates very well, but top speed isn't amazing. He's Messi like in that sense.

talking robot

Would love to see him coming off the bench against Southhampton, or even starting for that matter. Our attack needs something to bring it to life. Diallo can offer something different and a bit of psychological lift to the team.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
How can you watch that video and think that? watch the part where he glides through the centre of the pitch. He accelerates very well, but top speed isn't amazing. He's Messi like in that sense.
Well if your streams buffer a lot it might give the appearance that he is slow or in fact, standing around a lot.

city-puma

Ok. Give you a benchmark of the “explosive” acceleration, just compare Haarland and Sancho on acceleration.

Adam-Utd

Ok. Give you a benchmark of the “explosive” acceleration, just compare Haarland and Sancho on acceleration.
Haaland is faster than sancho in both but I’m not sure why that’s relevant. Anyway, diallo is quick enough, it’s more important that he’s agile and can dribble with the ball at speed with good balance

city-puma

Haaland is faster than sancho in both but I’m not sure why that’s relevant. Anyway, diallo is quick enough, it’s more important that he’s agile and can dribble with the ball at speed with good balance
I just said he doesn’t have explosive acceleration but it doesn’t bother me at all. It looks like you are over sensitive to any thing not glaring for him?
He is no superhero. But we all hope he can make it here.
Btw, I am talking about acceleration, not velocity.

Adam-Utd

I just said he doesn’t have explosive acceleration but it doesn’t bother me at all. It looks like you are over sensitive to any thing not glaring for him?
He is no superhero. But we all hope he can make it here.
Btw, I am talking about acceleration, not velocity.
Disagreeing with your opinion isn’t being sensitive. I think he has good acceleration from what I’ve seen. Over the first 10 steps he went passed plenty of liverpool players, but we will see how he compares with the men.

city-puma

Disagreeing with your opinion isn’t being sensitive. I think he has good acceleration from what I’ve seen. Over the first 10 steps he went passed plenty of liverpool players, but we will see how he compares with the men.
I did not say his acceleration is bad. It seems that “explosive” gives you the impression I gave a negative judgement on that matter. “Explosive” is a high mark really. Another aspect is the duration of acceleration and how long he can keep his top speed. We will see from his real action when he has the space to run.

mav_9me

Actually he reminded me a bit of Salah. Short, beautiful ball control, smooth passing, good acceleration off standing still. Not talking abt level of play. Just some similarities. Maybe it's just me.

city-puma

Actually he reminded me a bit of Salah. Short, beautiful ball control, smooth passing, good acceleration off standing still. Not talking abt level of play. Just some similarities. Maybe it's just me.
A lot of true here really. The players of the smaller physical size to make it at this level all need some common traits.

Red_toad

Ronaldo did. Martial did. I’m sure there’s a list of other players that have. At the end of the day all this bedding in and gaining minutes in a crap U’23 league for a £30m player is utter rubbish, especially when they are leaks of how impressive he has been in training.
Ronaldo didn't. Martial was older bigger and had played around 50 senior games. But keep trying.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Robben was absolutely rapid and appears to be a lot more athletically gifted than Diallo from what I've seen.

Diallo looks fast but not outstandingly so and does seem to have a deceptive strength that many players with a low centre of gravity have. He seems similar to Hazard and Sterling physically, hopefully he has the same acceleration at the men's level as those two have. Technically and mentally he looks great.
With better quality players like Bruno, Pogba and Cavani, Diallo will shine even brighter.

city-puma

Ronaldo didn't. Martial was older bigger and had played around 50 senior games. But keep trying.
I would like to think that particular u23 game a great experience for him and many others. Just imagine in two or three years, some in that team break into the first team. It’s the band of brothers type of ties.

Mainoldo

Keep trying? First of all Ronaldo come from Sporting not Porto like I said already. Second of all, he signed for us on the 12th August 2003. Made his debut on the 16th. First team debut that is. But keep trying.

Red_toad

Keep trying? First of all Ronaldo come from Sporting not Porto like I said already. Second of all, he signed for us on the 12th August 2003. Made his debut on the 16th. First team debut that is. But keep trying.
My bad for my google search skills. But lets deal with real facts regarding Diallo, he is being managed very well by a bunch of professional people at United. You don't like it, then tough. When you prove yourself I'm sure they'd be more than willing to employ you and your expertise in that area.
Throwing him in at the deep end against Arsenal away doesn't appear very logical from what I've seen when big clubs sign young players. Ronaldo has proven as a generational talent, Diallo is highly rated, there is a big big difference between and I'm pretty sure Ole and co know where he's at and what he should be doing. You're fully entitled to your opinion, but don't forget, he's not Ronaldo or Rooney nor Martial, he's physically very different to all of them at the same age and has far far less first team experience than any of them.

Red_toad

I would like to think that particular u23 game a great experience for him and many others. Just imagine in two or three years, some in that team break into the first team. It’s the band of brothers type of ties.
I'd expect him to play some first team this season to be honest, but I'm not in any rush, I'd much rather he was 100% ready than see him rushed in and his confident take a massive knock.

fergosaurus

He looks very strong to be such a short boy. Impressive highlights. Reminds me of Mané, Messi and Robben.
Agreed. With the mentality of Roy Keane, the drive of C. Ronaldo and the kindness of Juan Mata. Glad we're not hyping the lad up too much. :D

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
My bad for my google search skills. But lets deal with real facts regarding Diallo, he is being managed very well by a bunch of professional people at United. You don't like it, then tough. When you prove yourself I'm sure they'd be more than willing to employ you and your expertise in that area.
Throwing him in at the deep end against Arsenal away doesn't appear very logical from what I've seen when big clubs sign young players. Ronaldo has proven as a generational talent, Diallo is highly rated, there is a big big difference between and I'm pretty sure Ole and co know where he's at and what he should be doing. You're fully entitled to your opinion, but don't forget, he's not Ronaldo or Rooney nor Martial, he's physically very different to all of them at the same age and has far far less first team experience than any of them.
Nail on head. Too many FIFA managers here who have no idea dealing with real people/players or managing teams.
When it comes to performance, confidence is a much stronger predictor of success than self-esteem or just pure natural ability.

We need to build that up incrementally. Not just saying the usual throwaway crap lines like: '' He is good enough, he is old enough''. Vardy took his sweet time then, that lazy feck!

Managing real people isn't that simple as just to slot someone in or out. It's a 3D model rather than how caftards thing of it as some linear/binary path. Only have to look at how Jose destroyed Luke's or Martial's confidence within a few months and how long it took Ole to build it all back up. The word 'trust' is always being used by players when referring to their manager -- that's about the manager having faith in a player despite being off-form or average.

Even the richest teams cant buy & sell players the moment they lose form. We certainly cant being skint (thank you Glazers) so we need to be able to manage the squad well -- and that's not an easy task -- which with 100% certainty, none here have done.

OmarUnited4ever

From the highlights, what I liked the most is that he keeps his head up and scan his surroundings, hence why see him sometimes he will pass and sometimes and he will attempt to dribble, his 1st goal was due to him not only pressing, but he read the pass was poor to the Liverpool's defender and nicked the ball away and went on to score.

I think the perfect opportunity for Amad will be a cup game, not to start obviously, but to come in as a sub in case the game is won (we have one against West Ham, if by the 60th min Manutd is up by 2 goals, then Amad can come in), the same also can happen in EL as well, he needs to build some 1st team games rhythm and he will do well, of course depending on how hard he works and his focus to get ready for the 1st team.

ash_86

He provides the one thing that our entire team lacks , width. He is a player that hugs the right side line timea nd time again and likes to take on players. Move Rashford to the left and bring this guy to the right and Cavani up top. I'm sure that would be refreshing!

Mainoldo

Well we are all entitled to our opinion. But maybe the people who simple regard their own personal opinion as irrelevant because they are ‘under qualified’ should stay away from having discussions about football. Me personally it just means you have no faith in what you think as it’s jist a reflection of the ‘qualified’ person.

Another one for the catalog.... Paul Pogba was deemed not ready by qualified United staff. Went to Juventus with around 180 first team minutes and went straight into their first team.

Two teams, two different opinions. So maybe relax with the qualified talk.

Adam-Utd

Yep I compared him to Salah during the match too which some were unhappy about :lol:

He plays in a similar style, if he ends up being 1/2 as good as Salah we’ve got a great player.

He has the same close control as Salah, and with the same low centre of gravity should be able to drop a shoulder and work an angle like him too, exciting times.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Well we are all entitled to our opinion. But maybe the people who simple regard their own personal opinion as irrelevant because they are ‘under qualified’ should stay away from having discussions about football. Me personally it just means you have no faith in what you think as it’s jist a reflection of the ‘qualified’ person.

Another one for the catalog.... Paul Pogba was deemed not ready by qualified United staff. Went to Juventus with around 180 first team minutes and went straight into their first team.

Very true, people seem frightened to have their own opinion on players and seem to only be able to trust the judgement of the coaches or pundits rather than form their own views.

Crashoutcassius

Why have we spent 60 m on one of Europe's best wingers and ole won't play him ? We can't possibly play worse than we have been playing all season. Is he oles olayer

Can7onA

I saw Pogba in the first team back then, he wasn't ready.

He looked like a lanky kid with a couple of skills.

Adam-Utd

Why have we spent 60 m on one of Europe's best wingers and ole won't play him ? We can't possibly play worse than we have been playing all season. Is he oles olayer
A couple weeks training and a few practice matches so he’s fully sharp once he gets his chance?

If he comes on and is useless he will be labelled a flop instantly, you don’t put a kid under that sort of pressure.

GazTheLegend

Yes, ridiculous. I can't believe we spent 60 million on him. Why spend 80 million if you're not going to play a player? That 100 million could have been used elsewhere. To be fair, the 120 million we spent on Diallo was a decent alternative to Sancho as Dortmund refused to sell him for 140 million.

Oranges038

Yeah, the guy most qualified to make that decision about Pogba decided he wasn't ready for a Utd shirt. He wanted him to stay at the club because he knew he was getting close, Pogba decided to leave. He may gave played in as many games for Utd the following season, we'll just never know.

Pogba went to a Juve team with an exceptional midfield around him in a fairly uncompetitive league. It was far easier for him there, and let's be honest very few on here will have watched every Juve game to know how well he played week in week out. He had decent stats there. His stats at Utd aren't bad either, but his performances have ranged from non-league clogger to the world cup winning midfielder that he is. Pogba has really only shown this season what he is actually capable of on a consistent basis in a Utd shirt, and it's about time too.

As for Diallo, he needs to be given a little more time to adjust to the country and the club first, it's a big move for him. He's only been there a few weeks already and has come from a club where he's barely featured, he has to improve his fitness levels first and show that he's ready to play. I don't see he rush to throw him into the first team.

dabeast

Diallo's creativity and dribbling is EXACTLY what we need on the RW. If he is the next Messi, then we don't need Sancho. However, that is highly unlikely and if we can bring in Sancho that would be a great addition to our squad as well as a mentor/competition to Diallo. Sancho can also play on the LW (probably his best position), at No 10 and probably as a false 9 too.

Sancho coming probably means the end of Martial, but I think that would be a net benefit.

Adam-Utd

Diallo's creativity and dribbling is EXACTLY what we need on the RW. If he is the next Messi, then we don't need Sancho. However, that is highly unlikely and if we can bring in Sancho that would be a great addition to our squad as well as a mentor/competition to Diallo. Sancho can also play on the LW (probably his best position), at No 10 and probably as a false 9 too.

Sancho coming probably means the end of Martial, but I think that would be a net benefit.
Diallo looks like he could play as a 10 also, same as sancho.

A front 5 attackers of greenwood, sancho, rashford, diallo and grealish, we’d dominate Europe!

Red_toad

Are you still harping on? Tell someone who cares...

Status
Not open for further replies.