6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

kundalini

Where do you get the stats from, was wanting to look at this, not on Amad just can never find them
If looking immediately after a match, or indeed, during it, use https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1...a-League-2020-2021-Manchester-United-AC-Milan

Usual starting point is: https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/32/Show/England-Man-Utd

A day later FBref will update with Statsbomb's data, which is different from Opta's. https://fbref.com/en/squads/19538871/Manchester-United-Stats

For expected goals and expected assists, Understat update about 15 mins after the match (only covers PL games) : https://understat.com/team/Manchester_United/2020

Last edited:

laughtersassassin

I really don't think you can say he is not ready when the team literally wasn't attacking at all.

Didn't see the other attackers doing anything either lads.

Our midfield and fullbacks could not move the ball forward at all.

lost7

He was actually involved in a couple of nice 1-2s with McTominay and Wan Bissaka early on, but yeah after that he went a bit missing. Still, he's got so much potential!

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Seeing as their two CMs were already more or less running the show, that would have been foolhardy to the point of stupidity. If we’re chasing the game, desperate for a goal, maybe. Otherwise absolutely moronic.
Their midfielders were running the show because we weren't showing any intent to get a second goal. So they didn't need to worry about leaving space in behind because we had decided to hang on to a slender lead. Bennacer who is their most accomplished midfielder wasn't even playing.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Their midfielders were running the show because we weren't showing any intent to get a second goal. So they didn't need to worry about leaving space in behind because we had decided to hang on to a slender lead. Bennacer who is their most accomplished midfielder wasn't even playing.
The change in formation to protect a one goal lead was annoying, I agree. Annoying and counterproductive.

Mickson

If looking immediately after a match, or indeed, during it, use https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1...a-League-2020-2021-Manchester-United-AC-Milan

Usual starting point is: https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/32/Show/England-Man-Utd

A day later FBref will update with Statsbomb's data, which is different from Opta's. https://fbref.com/en/squads/19538871/2019-2020/Manchester-United-Stats

For expected goals and expected assists, Understat update about 15 mins after the match (only covers PL games) : https://understat.com/team/Manchester_United/2020
Sofascore.com is great too.

Andersonson

Great movement and a great header.

The potential is there, but he is still far from ready to be trusted fully.

Was very clear when he tried to do trickery instead of doing it simple. Ronaldo was the same!

Devil may care

Lovely run and clever finish for the goal, he was tidy on the ball but I was expecting him to run at his fullback more.

SirScholes

A day later FBref will update with Statsbomb's data, which is different from Opta's. https://fbref.com/en/squads/19538871/2019-2020/Manchester-United-Stats

Thanks buddy

Born2Lose

Love this kid already, looked really down at the end of the match.

So good to see an attacker putting in some pressing and defensive work.

If this is the blueprint of the type of signing Ole wants at the club then I'm happy. Time to ditch the overpaid and underperforming brand players.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I really don't think you can say he is not ready when the team literally wasn't attacking at all.

Didn't see the other attackers doing anything either lads.

Our midfield and fullbacks could not move the ball forward at all.
This. People saying “obviously not ready” while I’m watching Dan James miss open goals and stumble over the ball constantly, and the team as a whole struggling to pass. It’s the same as saying a striker had a shit game when his team can’t get out of there own half: of course he wasn’t involved he literally didn’t get the ball.

With young players I look for the obvious skills that translate, and a fast brain. Greenwood from his debut has always shown this, as a teenager that finishes well on both feet along with being press resistant. Amad showed his quick thinking and never felt out of place either through lack of confidence or the game being too fast.

People are too quick to rate the flashy things (pace, 1v1 ability, scoring a goal) without thinking about the substance behind how a player contributes that won’t go in and out of form.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Ole’s comments after the game were strange and worrying, a,most reluctant to give him any credit. Certainly doesn’t want to be playing him. I’m wondering if VDB, Diallo and Pellistri are club signings that ole didn’t want. He’s making a point.

ReallyUSA

Ole’s comments after the game were strange and worrying, a,most reluctant to give him any credit. Certainly doesn’t want to be playing him. I’m wondering if VDB, Diallo and Pellistri are club signings that ole didn’t want. He’s making a point.
He wants Sancho.

Paolo Di Canio

"we have to realise it's a doggy dog market"
Amad Diallo has now scored more europa league goals then Pele, Maradona, Cryuff, Di Stefano, Best, Eusebio, Platini, Cantona, Ronaldinho, R9, Rivaldo & Charlton combined

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Amad Diallo has now scored more europa league goals then Pele, Maradona, Cryuff, Di Stefano, Best, Eusebio, Platini, Cantona, Ronaldinho, R9, Rivaldo & Charlton combined
Well, it was kind of obvious that he will be the GOAT. The fact that he has scored more than those mere mortals combined was expected.

Last edited:

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
What did he say

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He wants to keep the kids feet on the ground. Remember Macheda?

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I thought he looked quite good when he first came on. Showed eagerness to get on the ball and to make the right pass, good pressing and workload, obviously scored a nice goal. As the half wore on he seemed to tire and drift out of the game, but then again when our entire team is falling back it's harsh to expect too much.

croadyman

I thought he looked quite good when he first came on. Showed eagerness to get on the ball and to make the right pass, good pressing and workload, obviously scored a nice goal. As the half wore on he seemed to tire and drift out of the game, but then again when our entire team is falling back it's harsh to expect too much.
Yeah it's frustrating that we haven't got to see him run at the defenders much so far, admittedly he has run into trouble trying it a couple of times but also hard to judge until he plays with the first XI a bit more. Having said all that would rather we still signed a starter RW so there isn't that pressure on his shoulders to perform.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I know he has scored, but from his 2 mini performances so far I am a bit concerned I've not seen some successful dribbles yet.

He is still young and all but he was a player that cost 37 + million.

tob

He wants to keep the kids feet on the ground. Remember Macheda?
I'd presume Ole's comments to Diallo himself were a bit different.
It sure is nice though, as a supporter, to hear the manager praising a player. You get exited and you end up wanting to see more of him playing. Then when he's not, you start wondering why.

If the coaching staff believe it's too early for Diallo, then they don't want to hype something up so that people start asking for him to play more minutes. Keep the press and pressure away. Remember how they handled Greenwood last season? And remember how angry Ole was at the England staff for putting Greenwood on the spot during the Iceland trip?

I imagine that the hype from other people can put questions on the mind of the player. The player might be thinking - Why am I not playing. Everybody else thinks I should be playing. Then, maybe start questioning the manager instead of just keeping his head on and keep working hard. The manager might then start having doubts about the players character and then the player will end up even further away from getting more minutes.

So, even though I wanted to hear Ole praising Diallo after the goal last night, I can understand why he didn't - without questioning whether he wants him at the club or not.
Can't imagine the club signing a first team player if the manager don't want that player here. We're not Chelsea.

Raven

I know he has scored, but from his 2 mini performances so far I am a bit concerned I've not seen some successful dribbles yet.

He is still young and all but he was a player that cost 37 + million.
He cost 18 million + add ons.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
So chuffed for him to get that goal!

Can see why Ole has been holding him back though, still a young talent.

Hopefully gets minutes on Sunday (@Mainoldo) :D

UpWithRivers

99 percent of players take a few years to get established, even if they are very good. The likes of Rooney is rare. Very rare. It will take time. If he was bought as a first team RW right now or next season then Ole is on the wacky backy

dal

Like all youngsters he will lack that presence but I thought he did okay.

I actually thought wan bissaka had a terrific game, he’s really improving because it seems like he’s starting to have that presence.

Rashford has that presence aswell and it’s from being confident and strong enough to take the ball and having authority and a certain amount of arrogance.

Greenwood is fabulous on the ball but he doesn’t have that authority on the ball yet to play the game his way like Bruno and Rashford do.

Greenwood will get to where Rashford is but I actually think he needs to play centre forward more and be in and around the box.

We seriously need some proven quality though and as I’ve been saying for a long time if we can do the below we will be in seriously good shape.

Out : Pogba Martial
In : Grealish Haaland

Diallo, Greenwood, Bruno, Rashford, Grealish, Haaland, James, Cavani.

Even without Cavani I think that competes with every team in the world and is young enough to sustain it.

dal

So it’s now worrying to deflect attention away from a youngster.

He is 18 and played and scored in a high profile European game and you’re worried about how he’s being managed! :lol:

Red00012

It’s strange you see comments like not ready when you see poor/average performances like James and Greenwood last night. Are they not ready either ?

dal

99 percent of players take a few years to get established, even if they are very good. The likes of Rooney is rare. Very rare. It will take time. If he was bought as a first team RW right now or next season then Ole is on the wacky backy
I think the finances dictated this signing, we have enough youngsters with great potential we really needed someone older and slightly proven like sancho and but for covid I think we would have signed him.

I’m happy anyway because I preferred grealish and as he much better than him and hopefully we can sign him.

dal

It’s strange you see comments like not ready when you see poor/average performances like James and Greenwood last night. Are they not ready either ?
I don’t think we need to categorise any player as ready or not ready because as long as a player can contribute, is brilliant in training and the manager think he fits into the side he wants to play then that player plays or is in contention to play.

The manager decided who plays and if they play let’s just enjoy it. Ready or not ready is just so broad a category.

Status
Not open for further replies.