5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

GledTheRed

I know we hear lots about "English bias" but I genuinely believe amongst football hipsters that there is an anti English bias.... Harry Maguire is an outstanding CB. Best in the world? Probably not. But a really solid player in a key position that you never really have to worry about... Absolutely. He is very, very good. Can't get the criticism he gets.
He's an outstanding CB.

mav_9me

That's misleading...no Lingard (14), Pereria (15), Dalot (20)? And in a different shop for U.S., Amad is available, as are other players. All to say this screenshot is not a good indicator for going on loan.
Fair enough. I will delete my post.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'd rather us keep him. He's better than James already who is such mediocre footballer. But if he's not going to get minutes then he needs a team that will give him just that, so he can develop faster.

In Rainbows

I'd rather us keep him. He's better than James already who is such mediocre footballer. But if he's not going to get minutes then he needs a team that will give him just that, so he can develop faster.
That's my opinion.

And people not rating James has nothing to do with his nationality. A bunch of us are fans of Greenwood, Garner, Laird, etc... so I don't see why it has anything to do with nationality. We probably just have preference with ability and Amad clearly has more than James. It's just a matter of unlocking it by bringing up his confidence for first team matches, get him used to the speed of the game, etc...

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
That's my opinion.

And people not rating James has nothing to do with his nationality. A bunch of us are fans of Greenwood, Garner, Laird, etc... so I don't see why it has anything to do with nationality. We probably just have preference with ability and Amad clearly has more than James. It's just a matter of unlocking it by bringing up his confidence for first team matches, get him used to the speed of the game, etc...
Absolutely. The opinion of him being bang average is to do with him being bang average. All he offers is effort and allegedly extreme pace.

SinNombre

If we are sending Amad on loan, let's send him to Leeds or Norwich or another PL club.

Lost bear

If we are sending Amad on loan, let's send him to Leeds or Norwich or another PL club.
Better still, let’s see him playing for United. Same goes for Hannibal as far as I’m concerned, though for Amad it’s more urgent, perhaps, because DanJames is such a mediocre footballer. And this appraisal has nothing to do with his ethnic or national background; he’s just not good enough for the United first team.

laughtersassassin

Basel would be a very poor loan imo.

Palace would be very good if they play him!

Still rather keep him.

pascell

Still rather keep him.
Basel would be much better than Palace, they play European football for a start.

Sending him to Palace under a brand new and unproven manager in Vieira would be the worst move, look at the Fosu Mensah loan move there.

Hopefully a Bundesliga club come in for him.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Still rather keep him.
Why the “if”?

If he’s as good as everyone who claims he should be starting for Manchester United thinks he is then he’ll be Crystal Palace’s best player, by a margin.

R'hllor

If he goes on loan, think that would be gg for him in United, our loan picks usually suck donkey balls and seems its not in best interest for a player.

Still rather keep him.
Him playing in Europe for Basel would be nice but absolutely zero point of him playing in the Swiss league which is pretty rubbish. Think he'd actually get quite a lot of gametime at Palace. Olise isn't fully fit yet and Eze will likely be injured until December/January so Amad could definitely win a place in that front 4.

Drainy

If he goes on loan, think that would be gg for him in United, our loan picks usually suck donkey balls and seems its not in best interest for a player.
The risk is we hold out for a club that will pay a large loan fee and not the right club for his development

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Still rather keep him.
Basel wouldn’t be poor at all. He will play football against men, but not at a level where he won’t get to enjoy and express himself etc. It will be similar to going to Eredivise I think.

Palace would be 50/50. Could go well, but Vieira could be facing the sack by October too and Palace playing Ward at RW or something!

Dazzmondo

I was initially very disappointed about Amad going on loan but Palace would actually be a great move assuming they play him (which I think they would). Really like the team they're putting together.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Both Basel and Palace will be poor move for different reason. Hopefully some decent team in La liga or Bundesliga will come for him. No point playing in Switzerland. Palace is dangerous move as we don't know how their new management will turn out

laughtersassassin

Basel would be much better than Palace, they play European football for a start.

Sending him to Palace under a brand new and unproven manager in Vieira would be the worst move, look at the Fosu Mensah loan move there.

Hopefully a Bundesliga club come in for him.
Yeah but the league quality is too poor in Switzerland.

Forgot about Viera. Though I reckon Amad would get in the side a good amount as he is very good.

laughtersassassin

Why the “if”?

If he’s as good as everyone who claims he should be starting for Manchester United thinks he is then he’ll be Crystal Palace’s best player, by a margin.
Just cause there is always an "if" in football.

Managers have favourites etc. Viera might value pure defensive wingers over someone with actual talent etc.

You can't know hence the IF.

R'hllor

The risk is we hold out for a club that will pay a large loan fee and not the right club for his development
Looks that way, not only in his case but thats a classic corp short term gain thinking.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Amad going on loan doesn't mean James is currently considered to be better than Amad. It can theoretically even mean the exact opposite.

Drainy

I was initially very disappointed about Amad going on loan but Palace would actually be a great move assuming they play him (which I think they would). Really like the team they're putting together.
Having Zaha there may be a plus since they are international team mates. Hopefully they won't talk too much about United careers though :lol:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Why the “if”?

It’s far more nuanced than that and you know it.

R'hllor

In case where they pay loan fee and wages, why they would develop your player on top of it, there is no gain for them if they have their own player who is + - around same level as a loanie, believe 2 year loans might better option, at least club knows that giving him time, there is benefit for them for next season.

laughtersassassin

In case where they pay loan fee and wages, why they would develop your player on top of it, there is no gain for them if they have their own player who is + - around same level as a loanie, believe 2 year loans might better option, at least club knows that giving him time, there is benefit for them for next season.
They get a top player for the season is there benefit.

No chance we loan him for two years he is too good.

Honestly loaning him for six months would be a good shout. That way we could bring back in Jan if needed or change his loan if the team wasn't using him well!

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Palace are without Eze (all season) and new signing Olise (out for a month or so) so Amad does fill a big gap in their side on paper.

But… brand new manager, let an awful lot regulars go on a free, and most of their other signings are kids too — Gallagher, Guehi, Olise.

Basel would be okay, though I would want him in a slightly higher level league.

laughtersassassin

Palace are without Eze (all season) and new signing Olise (out for a month or so) so Amad does fill a big gap in their side on paper.

But… brand new manager, let an awful lot regulars go on a free, and most of their other signings are kids too — Gallagher, Guehi, Olise.

Basel would be okay, though I would want him in a slightly higher level league.
The league level is simply too low in Switzerland. Even if he does well it won't earn him much credit imo.

Midtable Bundesliga team or lower level Prem team who are good with the ball and possession.

Failing that I don't think it's worth it. Loans are risky if you do the wrong one. Has to be the right type of team and all that

PizzaPlanet

They get a top player for the season is there benefit.

No chance we loan him for two years he is too good.

Honestly loaning him for six months would be a good shout. That way we could bring back in Jan if needed or change his loan if the team wasn't using him well!

I say let's keep him for the first six months of the season, then evaluate.

He'll have more opportunities to play while Rashford is out, plus he'd get his Champions League debut as well.

laughtersassassin

I say let's keep him for the first six months of the season, then evaluate.

He'll have more opportunities to play while Rashford is out, plus he'd get his Champions League debut as well.
That's what I'd do too but sadly the club seem decided.

Personally think his appearances have shown he is too good for a loan.

OleGunnar20

I think both are promising loam options for different reasons.

Basel, he'd presumably get lots of experience playing against men at a decent level, with some Euro experience thrown in there to boot. If they guaranteed he'd be starting I think this'd be a decent shout.

Palace, he'd likely get rotated in and out of what is a fresh, youthful side. Viera has his work cut out and when the shit hits the fan, its unlikely any manager is going to be relying on a loanee kid, so risky in that sense. 6 months if anything here I think, to avoid another Fosu situation.

Either way a loan with lots of playing time is the best idea I think, even if it were in the Championship.

NYAS

We’ve shown last season that we aren’t afraid to recall players early who are having bad loans. So either loan is really not that risky. I’d prefer Palace.

IncyWincySpider

Really disappointing to see him being considered for a loan out. I'm starting to doubt he will ever make it as a United regular to be honest. I'm getting the feeling he will just not fit in/be over looked, and after a couple of loans will be quietly sold.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I think he will be a top calibre player one day, if he keeps working hard and has a bit of luck. He will never be the top in his position because of his pace. Anyone agree?

Status
Not open for further replies.