5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

luke511

We'd be wise to keep hold of Amad as back up RW after that performance from Greenwood.. and James..

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
We'd be wise to keep hold of Amad as back up RW after that performance from Greenwood.. and James..
What was wrong with Greenwood’s performance?

laughtersassassin

Personally think he is much better than that and his performances showed it.

Good luck to him though.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Really don't understand this move to be honest, he's above the championship. Sheffield are hardly a great offensive side either are they?

mu4c_20le

Sheffield are one of the better teams so he'll have plenty of chances to show his stuff, if he's going to get more playing time then it'll be a great move for him

Santos J

Really don't understand this move to be honest, he's above the championship. Sheffield are hardly a great offensive side either are they?
Jokanovic is all about the fast attacking football, if he plays a lot it'll be a great move for him. United should be in the mix for promotion.

3vra

There is 44 matches left to play plus some Cup games. In PL there is 37 matches left with 2 against United so that is 35. Sheffield in Championship should fight for promotion and should be more offensive then in PL.

I think this is a good move, what is more if we see him being better than that we could easily move him to other team from PL in January.

Ace of Spades

He may have had offers from PL clubs (like Palace), but he will probably get more game time in the championship for sure. Good loan, we also have a good relationship with Sheffield United, with Henderson being on loan there before.

SATA

It's a good team and a good league for him where he can play regular senior football. Not sure why the dislike. The likes of Mount played in that league on loan for a year and went back a much better player

And we have a couple of Sheffield United fans on here who can give us weekly updates on Amad. Really looking forward to it

Adam-Utd

Jokanovic is all about the fast attacking football, if he plays a lot it'll be a great move for him. United should be in the mix for promotion.
Ah I must admit i'd completely forgot that Wilder had left, I was still thinking of their 3-5-2.

So they're playing more direct then? I know he had Fulham playing half decent football so that's a better sign.

Santos J

Ah I must admit i'd completely forgot that Wilder had left, I was still thinking of their 3-5-2.

So they're playing more direct then? I know he had Fulham playing half decent football so that's a better sign.
He's trying but doesn't really have the players for it at the minute, they do lack a winger too so he'd get ample opportunities.

My mate's a youth coach there and says they've been interested but bigger clubs are too so wasn't hopeful, don't know if much has changed this morning though. They wanted Garner too but looks like they'll get Ronaldo Vieira instead.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

Personally think he is much better than that and his performances showed it.

Good luck to him though.
Is it reliable? Was really hoping for a PL team so that I can watch him play. Good luck to him if it's true

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
@Blades1889 Let us know how he does :D
I’m really hoping this is true. With the football we want to play, it’s a wide player’s dream. It’s not clicking as of now because we have a squad with 0 wingers. With the deals we are apparently looking to do including this one I’m excited.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Didn't really want him to go to the Championship, so eh. Think he's more than capable of lower mid-table European football, but loans are always tricky.

Comments above seem to suggest he's going to a good side though, so as long as they play expressive football and actually compete to come back up, I'll be alright with it.
EDIT: not the best start to the season -- 2 games, 1 draw, 1 loss, with 0 goals scored so far...

Infestissumam

was hoping for a PL loan, but playing a ton of minutes for Sheffield wouldn't be the worst thing either.

Adam-Utd

He's trying but doesn't really have the players for it at the minute, they do lack a winger too so he'd get ample opportunities.

My mate's a youth coach there and says they've been interested but bigger clubs are too so wasn't hopeful, don't know if much has changed this morning though. They wanted Garner too but looks like they'll get Ronaldo Vieira instead.
Fair enough, Amad should rip the championship to pieces if he's in a team that gives him enough of the ball.

Will be interesting if they use him on the wing or in the 10.

laughtersassassin

Fair enough, Amad should rip the championship to pieces if he's in a team that gives him enough of the ball.

Will be interesting if they use him on the wing or in the 10.
He'll have a hard time getting assists when Brewster is his striker :lol:

Glorio

Amad is technically very proficient by the looks of things, what he lacks is the experience and strength developed from playing in the men's game. Playing in the Championship gives him that

flappyjay

Maddison, Buendia, Grealish, mount and whomever else I am forgetting were moulded in the championship. This a good deal. He has less than 20 club apps if I am not wrong. So if things go well he could come back with 30+ apps under his belt. He needs games. Not a move to club where he will just be adding depth.

lost7

Good move like mentioned above. I'm hoping someone here will provide regular updates on how he's getting on, as I personally believe he's got the markings of a top player

TsuWave

I think Sheffield United is a bad loan. Hopefully I’m wrong

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Didn't really want him to go to the Championship, so eh. Think he's more than capable of lower mid-table European football, but loans are always tricky.

Comments above seem to suggest he's going to a good side though, so as long as they play expressive football and actually compete to come back up, I'll be alright with it.
EDIT: not the best start to the season -- 2 games, 1 draw, 1 loss, with 0 goals scored so far...
New manager with 0 signings (1 now) plus players used to a different system. He had a slow start with Fulham too.
I think Sheffield United is a bad loan. Hopefully I’m wrong
Curious as to why? Henderson did well enough.

Nickelodeon

I don't mind him going to the Championship. The physical challenge would make him accustomed to English football. Also, since he hasn't been a regular for any side across his career, a 46 game league season should toughen him up.

Having said that, I don't know how Jokanovic has changed SHU's style of play but on the back of last season, I wouldn't want any of the flair players to be going there. Hope he shines though. I have high expectations from him.

Adamsk7

Great move, if true. He’s a top quality talent, right up there with the very best, so hopefully he will get lots of game time. To be honest I’d expect him to be one of their best players this season if he hits the ground running.
Sheffield Utd should be looking at promotion and I genuinely believe Amad could be one of those to make the difference for them.

Good luck to him - I have high hopes and would be VERY surprised if he doesn’t turn out to be a real player in a few yrs for us.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
I don't mind him going to the Championship. The physical challenge would make him accustomed to English football. Also, since he hasn't been a regular for any side across his career, a 46 game league season should toughen him up.

Having said that, I don't know how Jokanovic has changed SHU's style of play but on the back of last season, I wouldn't want any of the flair players to be going there. Hope he shines though. I have high expectations from him.
You can’t base it on last season then really, the manager wasn’t there. Jokanovic has his teams playing fantastic football. I remember watching us play Fulham at home we lost 4-5 and Ryan Sessegnon bagged a hattrick. I’m sure Diallo would be fine…if it even happens.

SAFMUTD

As long as he is a starter there I have no problem, I think that Amad is the kind of talent that either lives up to the expectation fast or he just won't so I expect a big season from him.

Blood Mage

I personally think he's good enough to be on our bench already but whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.