5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

laughtersassassin

Dan James would be a starter at Palace and you know it.
Amad was Dortmund's pick last season to replace Sancho according to reports.

I'd trust their judgement. Everything I've seen says he is already better.

Last game versus Wolves being one example.

laughtersassassin

I think he will be a top calibre player one day, if he keeps working hard and has a bit of luck. He will never be the top in his position because of his pace. Anyone agree?
People think he is slower than he is. I really don't think Sancho is quicker honestly.

Phil

Is there a poster in the thread that thinks Amad should actually be a regular starter?

laughtersassassin

Is there a poster in the thread that thinks Amad should actually be a regular starter?
No not yet but I do think he should be a bench option that is in and around our 3rd sub to come in when needed. (Depends who we have on the bench)

Can start the early cup games and go from there. Greenwood 1st season treatment

Already shown he can help win a game.

Mickson

Basel would be much better than Palace, they play European football for a start.

Sending him to Palace under a brand new and unproven manager in Vieira would be the worst move, look at the Fosu Mensah loan move there.

Hopefully a Bundesliga club come in for him.
How do you know that? They are still trying to qualify, and to The Conference League I might add.

Mickson

European Conference League is still European football.

Sending him to Palace would be a poor choice.
It's even lower than Europa League, which is already a pretty poor standard by our definition, but you think it's a good choice? I say it again, they haven't even qualified so they might miss out even. Amad should never in a million years go to Basel.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Amad was Dortmund's pick last season to replace Sancho according to reports.

I'd trust their judgement. Everything I've seen says he is already better.

Last game versus Wolves being one example.
Hes more talented of course but he's blatantly obviously not ready to be starting in a premier league team ' physically speaking. Amad last season showed he has loads of talent on the ball. He also showed he has the body strength of a child and would just get pushed around in the prem.

Dortmund would've taken him as a long term replacement, not starting right away.

luke511

Palace could be a really good move potentially, Viera can speak Amad's language unlike Ole so he could be an influencing figure at this stage in his career. There's a good chance he'll get the nod over Ayew on the right eventually, playing in the Premier League semi regularly over the Swiss League is a huge deal.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
No not yet but I do think he should be a bench option that is in and around our 3rd sub to come in when needed. (Depends who we have on the bench)

Can start the early cup games and go from there. Greenwood 1st season treatment

Already shown he can help win a game.
The club obviously feel he needs consecutive games and less pressure and he’ll learn more at this stage. It’s got absolutely nothing to do with James.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Constantly puzzled by this as they don't play the same position except as a back up. Amad has clearly stated he prefers to play on the right wing and James is much more at home on the left. Lingard and Mata are a far bigger impediment to Amad getting game time.
James may prefer to play on left but when Rashford and Martial are fit, he plays on right. Lingard and Mata haven't featured that much last season. So in a way they are right that James is occupying one of the spot on the bench and that odd start when we are not playing with Rashford and Greenwood

RonaldoVII

I guess it all boils down to whether we think he'd progress more training with us every day and making 20-30 appearances with 5-10 starts or going to a competitive club and making 20-30 starts. It's just frustrating as he's a joy to watch so we want to see it.

Hopefully he stays where we can watch him, ie the Prem.

Jaxa

Has there ever been a “really good” player who has been loaned out by their parent club, returned and then became a permanent starter in the starting Xi ?

I can only think of Kane tbh, genuinely I could be missing loads of world class players and this is not a trick question to prove some kind of point but I’d be interested to see stats on that,

Sure send Amad out on loan but I hope only to a team in the top division, be it PL, Series A, La Liga etc , I just can’t see a loan to a championship club or a lower league club do him any good, we spent a lot of money on this guy and truthfully it’s kinda disappointing to see him having to be loaned out already especially when you have James and Mata still playing for us , when you’re good enough you start regardless of age so he’s clearly not doing enough to impress Ole yet, I mean that’s a fact, and it’s fine, he’s only 19 but I just hope he can raise his game enough to return back in a year and fight for a starting spot in the team.

TheReligion

Abusive
Has there ever been a “really good” player who has been loaned out by their parent club, returned and then became a permanent starter in the starting Xi ?

I can only think of Kane tbh, genuinely I could be missing loads of world class players and this is not a trick question to prove some kind of point but I’d be interested to see stats on that,

Sure send Amad out on loan but I hope only to a team in the top division, be it PL, Series A, La Liga etc , I just can’t see a loan to a championship club or a lower league club do him any good, we spent a lot of money on this guy and truthfully it’s kinda disappointing to see him having to be loaned out already especially when you have James and Mata still playing for us , when you’re good enough you start regardless of age so he’s clearly not doing enough to impress Ole yet, I mean that’s a fact, and it’s fine, he’s only 19 but I just hope he can raise his game enough to return back in a year and fight for a starting spot in the team.
Mount

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands

Beckham?

JohnZSmith27

Courtois was a loan to Atleti by Chelsea and was pretty good when he came back. But yeah I agree you don't see it too often. Hopefully Amad is one of the exceptions if he does go on loan.

United in sin

Morientes, Courtois, John Terry, Frank Lampard, Ashely Young, the aforementioned Beckham etc. You could even say Lukaku even though he returned a complete player from his WBA loan and truly came into his own at Everton permanently

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
Morientes, Courtois, John Terry, Frank Lampard, Ashely Young, the aforementioned Beckham etc. You could even say Lukaku even though he returned a complete player from his WBA loan and truly came into his own at Everton permanently
To add to these, Jermain Defoe, Jordan Henderson, Rio Ferdinand, Michael Carrick, Aaron Ramsey and Ashley Cole (though I think you meant him rather than Young).

Jaxa

Good Shout in terms of more recent
Most of these were before I could really remember but interesting, I knew their would be a few, it still though seems very rare a player returns and manages to get into the team and become a key figure but I really hope Amad can do as such,

Like I said 1 year ideally 2 absolutely max in terms of a Loan, but he now has the tools to become a great player, you just hope he has the drive

United in sin

I think the kid is ready to contribute but I could be wrong. However, I feel this loan deal if successful and if he's loaned to a foreign club could strengthen the argument that young elite players are best served jumpstarting their senior careers away from England.

They're not trusted on these shores with the exception of a few (Greenwood being one) and that's why even the cream of the crop of English youth players like Bellingham and Sancho rejected lucrative offers to stay in England took off to Germany.

pratyush_utd

This keeps getting posted here how some big player went to lower league but how many of them were signed from Italy? He is 19 year old kid who doesn't speak fluent English and we want to send him to any championship team because Becks went to Preston North End.

It should be to a club we trust who will look after him. We can't just send him to any random championship club

United in sin

To add to these, Jermain Defoe, Jordan Henderson, Rio Ferdinand, Michael Carrick, Aaron Ramsey and Ashley Cole (though I think you meant him rather than Young).
You're right, I meant Cole! Joe Hart springs to mind as well.

Okey

Harvey Barnes too, of the recent ones. I think he did so well on loan they were happy to recall him mid season when there was an injury. Hopefully Amad does as well with regular game time.

GledTheRed

Basel would be much better than Palace, they play European football for a start.

Sending him to Palace under a brand new and unproven manager in Vieira would be the worst move, look at the Fosu Mensah loan move there.

Hopefully a Bundesliga club come in for him.
Palace would be a good move, TFM was and is shit.

United in sin

Harvey Barnes too, of the recent ones. I think he did so well on loan they were happy to recall him mid season when there was an injury. Hopefully Amad does as well with regular game time.
Good shout!

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Please go to Crystal Palace. Him on the RW and Zaha on the LW would be good. Plus premier league experience would be so vital for him.

tjb

Toni Kroos, Beckham, Wilshere, Mount...its logical. More game time

littleman

Toni Kroos, Beckham, Wilshere, Mount...its logical. More game time
I think it has also become slightly more common, as more clubs spend big on youth. Buying 3-4 promising teenagers for 10-20m GBP seems not so ridiculous when 1 of them could become a worldie at 80-100m GBP at their peak.

The problem is it still takes time. And you can't afford that time so you loan them out..

Flying_Heckfish

No but a majority of poster think he should get game time ahead of James.
100% agree.

It's clear this guy has talent beyond James.

However, if someone says we'll give Amad 40 top level games this season, and pay you for the privilege, maybe it makes sense? He'd probably get ~20 apps, almost exclusively from the bench otherwise.

SAF is the GOAT

I wouldn't count on Vieira to bring out the best of Amad.

I would rather to loan him to a better club than CP.

Tarrou

No but a majority of poster think he should get game time ahead of James.
I think that but James wasn’t that regular a starter before Sancho came in, with everyone fit he will get even less this season.. and probably just tough games to do a job

so I’d rather give Amad a 30 game season elsewhere than give him James minutes, personally

flappyjay

Mount, Lukaku, Kevin de Bruyne, Casemiro, Hakimi, Toni Kroos, Aubameyang, Fabinho. Most good players are bought from smaller clubs so they don't loan out talents like Amad as he would be considered ready for most midtable and bottom teams in any of the top 5 leagues. We could do what city did with Foden 2 seasons ago and give him a lot of substitute appearances but I think it has been decided that starting 20-30 matches would be more beneficial to him.

In Rainbows

Constantly puzzled by this as they don't play the same position except as a back up. Amad has clearly stated he prefers to play on the right wing and James is much more at home on the left. Lingard and Mata are a far bigger impediment to Amad getting game time.
It's not a direct replacement. For example, if we weren't going to start Cavani, you could play Greenwood up top and let Sancho play on the left. So although he's not a direct replacement, the ability for someone like Sancho and Greenwood to play in 2 positions allows for Amad to get playing time. However, you could also make an argument that you play Pogba on the left and keep Sancho on the right.

pratyush_utd

I think that but James wasn’t that regular a starter before Sancho came in, with everyone fit he will get even less this season.. and probably just tough games to do a job

so I’d rather give Amad a 30 game season elsewhere than give him James minutes, personally
Don't disagree with that but choosing the correct loan is tricky. It's why I was okay with Pellistri going to La liga despite most here wanted him to go to Championship. He had already mentioned he was comfortable there and can express himself better. For Amad it's important we choose the correct option. Comparing him to other British players who went on loan may not be correct comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.