5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamsk7

Amad and Hannibal are the sorts of players that are just too good for loans, same as Greenwood was.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
This is frustrating. Another season of seeing Mata and James come on in games. The less I speak, the better. Technical players like DIallo and Hannibal are the ones we need to invest time in.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This is frustrating. Another season of seeing Mata and James come on in games. The less I speak, the better. Technical players like DIallo and Hannibal are the ones we need to invest time in.
Agreed.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
He won't go out on loan. Don't think we will send him to Championship team. His style of play won't suit lower leagues. Maybe Spanish or Italian league if we are considering loan

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
He won't go out on loan. Don't think we will send him to Championship team. His style of play won't suit lower leagues. Maybe Spanish or Italian league if we are considering loan
I think Germany would be perfect. Fast paced - end to end league where he’ll get plenty of space and shed tons of goals/assists. It’s about intensity - he’s not ready yet for the tempo we play at. Yeah he’d get the odd start but he’s at the level now where he needs to be starting every week at a high intensity and developing physically.

Mickson

But Ole gives youth a chance :wenger:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Amad and Hannibal are the sorts of players that are just too good for loans, same as Greenwood was.
There’s no such thing as ‘too good for loans’. Amad is a top tier talent who needs football under his belt. If the club can’t provide it, he needs to go elsewhere to get it.

RORY65

Be gutted if he goes away on loan. He’s good enough for us now.
He's literally started 2 professional games, dead rubbers at the end of last season and people are using highlights of a cameo off the bench for the Ivory Coast's Olympic team as evidence that he's ready. If the coaching staff, who see him everyday in training, decide that he's ready then great but if they decide that playing consistently elsewhere for a year is the best approach then that's also completely reasonable given where he currently is in his development.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Mata and James coming in after Bruno, Rashford, Sancho, Cavani, Greenwood and Martial (and Pogba when he plays on the left or as the 10 if he stays)... and Van de Beek as a 10 occasionally. So that's 8 players for the front 4 positions. Mata and James are only really going to come in during an injury crisis or full rotations, and that limited amount of minutes isn't going to do much for Amad.

Mickson

He obviously does? Sometimes it's better for them to go out on loan than to play limited minutes here.
He really doesn't do it to that extent everyone says and the club says, and the fact that he will choose James and Mata before Elanga and Amad are examples of that. He takes the easy way. If it is 50/50 between a 32-year-old and a 19-year-old he will choose the former. That's the way he works. Nothing wrong with that though but it doesn't ring true to brag about youth then. It's very easy to give a few minutes to Shoretire in a game that doesn't matter, but he rarely if ever chooses a youth player when it matters. We will huff and puff with Hannibal, Amad etc but we can see that they are superior players to James. It was exactly the same with Pereira.

Harold_Giles

He really doesn't do it to that extent everyone says and the club says, and the fact that he will choose James and Mata before Elanga and Amad are examples of that. He takes the easy way. If it is 50/50 between a 32-year-old and a 19-year-old he will choose the former. That's the way he works.
How is that a fact?
Let's give the moan a rest until the season actually starts.

Harold_Giles

Good idea. I'll see you in a few weeks!
Let's hope not, unless it's me quoting you on this nonsense :D

I'd honestly be surprised if Mata starts a single league game this season, and I'm hoping we move James on while we can get a decent fee for him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He really doesn't do it to that extent everyone says and the club says, and the fact that he will choose James and Mata before Elanga and Amad are examples of that. He takes the easy way. If it is 50/50 between a 32-year-old and a 19-year-old he will choose the former. That's the way he works. Nothing wrong with that though but it doesn't ring true to brag about youth then. It's very easy to give a few minutes to Shoretire in a game that doesn't matter, but he rarely if ever chooses a youth player when it matters. We will huff and puff with Hannibal, Amad etc but we can see that they are superior players to James. It was exactly the same with Pereira.
Hes given plenty of minutes and has given starts. What are you expecting? That random 17 year olds who are nowhere near being physically ready for a men's game get loads of game time over seasoned pros who have given loads to the club like Mata? Dan James is also a young player and has his value. Developing young players isn't just about tossing 16-18 year olds on to the pitch and letting them get pushed around. Think back to what Sir Alex did, and it's not a whole lot different to what Ole has done. Van Gaal loved throwing youth in more than anyone, that isn't necessarily the best way to develop them though.

Amad is tiny physically and very clearly not ready for regular premier league action IMO, but regardless there are so many senior players ahead in those positions that he would barely play anyway. Maybe he's more ready for more football in a less physical league though. So what's the best move? Loan them out.

You mention Pereira. He was a young player until not long ago that got some chances and didn't impress so eventually was loaned out. Amad didn't exactly do anything to suggest he's ready for more regular football in the minutes he got. Greenwood came in and showed he was ready to make an immediate impact. He's not even 20 yet. Williams got plenty of football, but he just hasn't been good enough so we want to loan him out.

It's not about the easy way out. It's whats best for the individual player development and the current squad needs. Elanga, Amad, Pellistri need regular action to get used to senior football. They won't get that with the quality United have in attack. Mata is on the way out and is OK with a bit part role. It's common sense.

People on here moan just for the sake of it. Of all the things to complain about, Ole giving youngsters game time is definitely not one of the reasonable things.

MadMike

Mata and James coming in after Bruno, Rashford, Sancho, Cavani, Greenwood and Martial (and Pogba when he plays on the left or as the 10 if he stays)... and Van de Beek as a 10 occasionally. So that's 8 players for the front 4 positions. Mata and James are only really going to come in during an injury crisis or full rotations, and that limited amount of minutes isn't going to do much for Amad.
You forgot Lingard too.

thundercats

Will most likely not make it here since he is behind sancho and greenwood in the pecking order.

CG1010

Will most likely not make it here since he is behind sancho and greenwood in the pecking order.
Long term, Greenwood develops as a CF. So he is really only behind Sancho which is a big issue for him as well.

thundercats

@CG1010 that is what Greenwood wants, doesn’t mean it will happen that way. The future isn’t written yet.
In theory it is a good plan though
in my opinion I wouldn’t bet on Diallo becoming a longterm utd player

That’s extraordinarily premature.
It is equally premature to think he will have a grand career at utd
in the end we will have to wait and see.

r0663664

Worships Man City
I honestly think there is quality in the squad with Sancho and Varane. Mata and Matic are the elder state men, they will plays if we have injury crisis. Elanga, Peirera and Amad should play in the League and FA Cup. Lingard, James, Dalot and Axel should be sold to fund a midfield and right back. We should setup to go with a nice mix of players.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Said it last night, Elanga is ahead of Diallo in terms of development currently.

Which for me is only a good thing for United.
I can see Elanga staying in the first team this season, which will leave Amad fighting for minutes, especially with James staying. Can still see Amad going out on loan if a high level team come in for him.

Lentwood

We had the 2nd youngest average age across all PL teams for starting XI last year. Amazing management from Ole to achieve this despite not selecting any young players

MDFC Manager

Said it last night, Elanga is ahead of Diallo in terms of development currently.

Which for me is only a good thing for United.
I can see Elanga staying in the first team this season, which will leave Amad fighting for minutes, especially with James staying. Can still see Amad going out on loan if a high level team come in for him.
With Rashford injured and Martial's future uncertain, I would prefer to keep both Elanga and Amad at the club until January.

Champ

With Rashford injured and Martial's future uncertain, I would prefer to keep both Elanga and Amad at the club until January.
Yeah, that's a possibility too. Does depend on Martial a lot as you say, but would make sense to have them both around if he doesn't want to be here.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Doesn't sound like Ole rates him does it? compare the way he talks bout Elanga.

I don't really know what it is, but Ole seems to love direct players that get it and head straight for goal. It's the only explaination why he keeps putting up with James.

I guess with Amad's more continental style he doesn't feel he is ready to challenge yet. If that's the case we should definitely loan him, a full season of football will do him wonders. Way too good for the reserves.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Doesn't sound like Ole rates him does it? compare the way he talks bout Elanga.

I don't really know what it is, but Ole seems to love direct players that get it and head straight for goal. It's the only explaination why he keeps putting up with James.

I guess with Amad's more continental style he doesn't feel he is ready to challenge yet. If that's the case we should definitely loan him, a full season of football will do him wonders. Way too good for the reserves.
You're probably reading too much into that. He doesn't seem to think he's ready but he obviously rates him, said this about him back in March:
“He’s still a young lad, he’s 18 but of course we see top, top potential in him,” said Solskjaer of Amad.

“He’s a very good lad, very likeable, he works hard. Of course he needs to adapt to a new country, a new language.

“He doesn’t speak English well enough still to feel confident enough to engage in the conversations – but that’s coming, he’s learning.
Agreed. Feels harsh going in on James again but when you have two elite talents waiting in the wings, giving James more opportunities feels like a waste of a time.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You're probably reading too much into that. He doesn't seem to think he's ready but he obviously rates him, said this about him back in March:
Ole never says a bad word about anybody. It doesn't mean he sees him as part of his plans though.

The fact they're considering a loan shows he's not in the first team picture IMO. He immediately stated Elanga will be involved and seems to have really taken to him.

Perhaps 1 year on loan will do Amad some good and then he can come back and take Mata's place.

Bestietom

Would agree 100%

Tallis

Does anyone think he is more suited to play centrally. Not at the moment obviously but his best plays seen to be when he cuts inside and then looks to play a through ball either side of him.

Realistically speaking we can only develop 1-2 prospects at a time in the attacking positions in our first team so Ole will have to pick 1-2 out of Amad, Elanga and Mejbri. Just going by who he starts, I think he may keep Elanga and Amad and maybe let Mejbri do another year in U23 with the occasional game in cups. Garner, Laird, Pellistri on loans. Hope we sell James so these guys can get more games.

Champ

Ole never says a bad word about anybody. It doesn't mean he sees him as part of his plans though.

The fact they're considering a loan shows he's not in the first team picture IMO. He immediately stated Elanga will be involved and seems to have really taken to him.

Perhaps 1 year on loan will do Amad some good and then he can come back and take Mata's place.
Exactly this.

Elanga is ahead of Amad in terms of development, and looks to be first team squad ready whereas Amad doesn't.

Get Amad on loan to a decent team if this is the case and get him back into the first team fold next season.

There really is no reason to rush with Amad.

GledTheRed

You're all jumping the gun with Elanga being first team nailed and Amad loaned.

I can see it being the other way round tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.