Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Ivory Coast eliminated so he'll be returning in the next few days with a good number of minutes, which means he's had a very good preseason fitness wise compared to the rest of our players.

MDFC Manager

Ivory Coast eliminated so he'll be returning in the next few days with a good number of minutes, which means he's had a very good preseason fitness wise compared to the rest of our players.
There's no third place match?

pascell

Makes you wonder if the game had been different if he'd started, eveytime I've watched him in the Olympics he's been one of their bright sparks and play went through him a lot.

Dante

Average bang
Does he have to quarantine when he returns?
Japan is on the amber list. So it depends on whether or not he's fully vaccinated.

If he's fully vaccinated, he'll be free to go wherever he wants but would need to take one covid test within two days of arrival.

If he isn't fully vaccinated, he'll need to self isolate for 10 days and take one covid test within 2 days of arrival then another after 8 days.

Bondi77

I watched the game and he did not do much but it would be hard to play any type of intricate football with this headless chicken side.
He has great technique and if I was going to be critical of him I would say that he can be a little bit predictable that he nearly always cuts inside and the Spaniards dealt with it quite easily.

laughtersassassin

Wrong decision imo.

I suppose this what happens when you can't/don't sell Lingard or James.

Amad is ready to contribute in my opinion. More so than James is!

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Ridiculous decision, James is absolutely woeful.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I'm OK with it. I prefer him to get minutes over James of course, but if it means he gets a season of playing as a starter at a good club, then I'm all for it.

foolsgold

Assuming he goes to the right club he's going to benefit from playing 40 games a season. He's going to be lucky to get 5 here.

Wonder if he could go to Forest along with Jimmy G

red_de_pologne

A real shame, he's ready to play, he played as a winger and no 9, he scored in the EL for us, we paid 35 million for him, he's not an Elanga or Shoretire.. woudl love to have him ahead of James.

Nori-

He should have been loaned out from the start like with Pellistri.

A lot of our fans have made Amad sound like the next Raheem Sterling and the kids barely had a kick of a ball.

We do this a lot, make players who have not achieved anything sound like the greatest thing in the world. Some people were even sayings last season, we no longer need Sancho as Amad will come good very quickly :D

I'll go as far as to say Greenwood still needs a year or two as well. Massive potential but nowhere near a world class player....Yet.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
If he gets a good loan I'm happy. There's a nagging feeling he's better than James is now and worth a squad place but we have to accept he's relatively unproven at this level.

Bogga

Assuming he goes to the right club he's going to benefit from playing 40 games a season. He's going to be lucky to get 5 here.

Wonder if he could go to Forest along with Jimmy G
You would like to see him in the championship? He's got the quality to be a certain starter for a midtable PL team

romufc

I do find it strange from the fans who say James is rubbish, why is he here and not Diallo.

He made 10 starts in PL and none in CL, with Sancho joining that number will go down even further, so it is clear that James is not a first teamer.

I would rather see Diallo make 25 PL starts at another club and develop than play a few minutes here or there.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Tbh, even if he did replace James in the squad he'll still get less game time. James, for the moment, seem content in his squad role so I much prefer Amad getting more minutes away.

Now, where does he go and at what level ?

Grande

A real shame, he's ready to play, he played as a winger and no 9, he scored in the EL for us, we paid 35 million for him, he's not an Elanga or Shoretire.. woudl love to have him ahead of James.
We haven’t paid 35m for him. He’s not a no 9. He’s completely different to James, so different they’d probably not be competing for the same playing time. We’ve seen sod all of him on this level, so the only ones in a position to say if he’s ready are the coaches around him.

James35

Amad the future apparently, I'm honestly sceptical about whether he will make it at United if we are not willing to give him the chance. Think he will just go the same way as many of our past "future stars". Loan after loan before struggling to sell them. The fact that Lingard, Mata are staying and Oles persistence with James means Amad won't get a sniff as Ole clearly doesn't trust him. He should have been loaned out last season.

We are paying a lot of money for him and to a lesser degree Pelestri. Does anyone truly believe they will be starters for us in the future under Ole...or even Garner, Hannibal, Shoratire etc. I don't unfortunately.

Green Arrow

What a stupid decision! He is ready to contribute for the team he was great at the Olympics and when he came on at the Wolves game he was MOTM. We've basically paid £35M to loan him out just stunned.

If he is going out on loan then he needs to go to a lower prem team where he is playing week in week out.

Last edited:

laughtersassassin

I don't agree with loaning him as I think he can contribute more than some of our other bench players

But if he is going on loan I hopepe it's too a lower level Prem team.

He is ready to start week in week out and is too good for championship. If not a lower level Prem team then maybe a Bundesliga side. Hopefully not La Liga.

laughtersassassin

Amad the future apparently, I'm honestly sceptical about whether he will make it at United if we are not willing to give him the chance. Think he will just go the same way as many of our past "future stars". Loan after loan before struggling to sell them. The fact that Lingard, Mata are staying and Oles persistence with James means Amad won't get a sniff as Ole clearly doesn't trust him. He should have been loaned out last season.

We are paying a lot of money for him and to a lesser degree Pelestri. Does anyone truly believe they will be starters for us in the future under Ole...or even Garner, Hannibal, Shoratire etc. I don't unfortunately.
Amad will make it in football for sure. And at a very decent level at minimum.

Pellistri and the others I have my doubts but they do have a good chance as well.

Red_toad

I do find it strange from the fans who say James is rubbish, why is he here and not Diallo.

He made 10 starts in PL and none in CL, with Sancho joining that number will go down even further, so it is clear that James is not a first teamer.

I would rather see Diallo make 25 PL starts at another club and develop than play a few minutes here or there.
Can't beat a good Caf scapegoating. Ole isn't looking to sell James, he (I believe) was happy to let Jesse go and in which case I'd say we'd have kept Amad. I see him as more of an understudy to Bruno than an understudy to Sancho. But somehow this is all James fault?
I hope the lad gets a good loan to somewhere he will get regular minutes, hopefully somewhere he's not going to be hacked to pieces.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Make it a 6month loan and then we'll see where we're at come January. That would be my preference. He and Elanga are clearly going to make it at United, but until we're able to sell our shite they won't get many opportunities. Best we loan them out this season and then clean house next Summer when clubs hopefully have more money again.

macheda14

What a stupid decision! He is ready to contribute for the team he was great at the Olympics and when he came on at the Wolves game he was MOTM. We've basically paid £35M to loan him out just stunned.
I mean no. It will get to that amount with performance related add-ons. Also what’s one year of him developing elsewhere he’s still very young and would benefit getting a full season under his belt.

Brightonian

Good shout, I think. He's clearly absurdly talented, yes, but I don't agree with many commenters above that he looks massively ready yet. Even in his Ivory Coast games he doesn't yet know how to actually impose his talent on the game consistently. And there's no getting around how lightweight he is - it takes time to learn how to play effectively when you're much smaller than your opponents.

It must be a very good loan though. The kind that are really hard to find where you get lots of game-time for a quality side. But if any player is attractive enough to get a loan like that, it's Amad. I'd be looking at a top Eredevisie or good La Liga side.

MUFC OK

Mata, James are untouchable so there will be no mins for him. Would prefer a domestic loan - probs wont happen.

romufc

Can't beat a good Caf scapegoating. Ole isn't looking to sell James, he (I believe) was happy to let Jesse go and in which case I'd say we'd have kept Amad. I see him as more of an understudy to Bruno than an understudy to Sancho. But somehow this is all James fault?
I hope the lad gets a good loan to somewhere he will get regular minutes, hopefully somewhere he's not going to be hacked to pieces.
I just don't get it... some fans expect us to challenge for the league but there is 0 evidence that Diallo is ready or can produce on a consistent basis.

Let's be honest, James isn't someone that Ole relies on to change games, he is used in games where we counter attack and we need his defensive workrate. Can Diallo replace James in those games? The answer is no.

Lastly, I have been reading this bullshit about he was MOTM against Wolves, like that is some kind of barometer of a player. When we signed James, he got MOTM awards when he scored a few goals as well.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

This! Always the Same few heads crying about James in every thread and his role as a backup. Either way James will be gone in a season or two and is happy to be backup in the meantime as Amad matures and fills out. Right now Amad needs to be a starter somewhere and make his bones and get kicked around for a season or two. He’ll be a more complete player for it. Find his way in the senior game without having to compete with Sancho and Rashford to play in consecutive difficult or meaningful games. He’s not going to find those games on our bench. If Hannibal isn’t going to play he should be sent out too.

Status
Not open for further replies.