Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Exactly this.

Elanga is ahead of Amad in terms of development, and looks to be first team squad ready whereas Amad doesn't.

Get Amad on loan to a decent team if this is the case and get him back into the first team fold next season.

There really is no reason to rush with Amad.
I think that's unfair to say that really, Amad has scored in the Europa league and put in some decent performances, especially way to Wolves last year.

IMO he's more than ready for more action - but with Sancho coming in he's probably going to get less minutes than he'd like.

IF we can find him a proper footballing team that'll promise him lots of football then great, but if not he should be in the team IMO.

You're all jumping the gun with Elanga being first team nailed and Amad loaned.

I can see it being the other way round tbh.
Read Ole's comments from last night.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I think that's unfair to say that really, Amad has scored in the Europa league and put in some decent performances, especially way to Wolves last year.

IMO he's more than ready for more action - but with Sancho coming in he's probably going to get less minutes than he'd like.

IF we can find him a proper footballing team that'll promise him lots of football then great, but if not he should be in the team IMO.

Read Ole's comments from last night.
I don't think it is unfair to say that, Elanga also played well and scored against Wolves, and is showing his talents this pre season and has impressed Ole no end judging by some of the comments.

The issue with having Amad in the team at current levels is he will be behind Sancho, Rashford, James, Martial and Elanga for backups in any of the forward positions (can throw Cavani in there too of course), thereby granting him mere minutes here and there. Which will do nothing for his development.

Pointless keeping him here if he isn't going to play, better getting him playing and developing elsewhere.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
You're all jumping the gun with Elanga being first team nailed and Amad loaned.

I can see it being the other way round tbh.
I think it's more that Elanga's making the most of the first team opportunity he's being given, so when decision time comes I can see the manager opting for Elanga as he's done so well in pre-season. Although Amad's not really had a chance to prove himself in pre-season which is really unfortunate for him.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Doesn't sound like Ole rates him does it? compare the way he talks bout Elanga.

I don't really know what it is, but Ole seems to love direct players that get it and head straight for goal. It's the only explaination why he keeps putting up with James.

I guess with Amad's more continental style he doesn't feel he is ready to challenge yet. If that's the case we should definitely loan him, a full season of football will do him wonders. Way too good for the reserves.
careful stretching for that reach there

Adam-Utd

careful stretching for that reach there
Hardly a stretch that's my opinion on his comments.

He barely played him last season, he's talking about sending him on loan - hardly a stretch to say he doesn't consider him as a big part of his plan this year?

Compare how he's been raving about Elanga last night, I've never seen him glow up like that for Amad unfortunately.

GledTheRed

I think it's more that Elanga's making the most of the first team opportunity he's being given, so when decision time comes I can see the manager opting for Elanga as he's done so well in pre-season. Although Amad's not really had a chance to prove himself in pre-season which is really unfortunate for him.
Exactly, Amad hasn't had the chance to impress in some half arsed friendlies.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
That's what should happen, I can Elanga going on loan tbh.

James will still be stinking the place out for another season.
It was said in the Telegraph last week that a few PL clubs are showing interest in James but Ole is reluctant to let him go with Rashford potentially out for the first two months or so of the season. Looking at how Elanga's performed in pre season I reckon United will seriously consider selling James if they can get £20M+

GledTheRed

It was said in the Telegraph last week that a few PL clubs are showing interest in James but Ole is reluctant to let him go with Rashford potentially out for the first two months or so of the season. Looking at how Elanga's performed in pre season I reckon United will seriously consider selling James if they can get £20M+
Let's hope so, i certainly would and reinvest in a CM.

charlenefan

Hardly a stretch that's my opinion on his comments.

He barely played him last season, he's talking about sending him on loan - hardly a stretch to say he doesn't consider him as a big part of his plan this year?

Compare how he's been raving about Elanga last night, I've never seen him glow up like that for Amad unfortunately.
Amad only arrived at the club at the end of Jan, that means he had less than 4 months of football left in the season all while trying to bed into a country so of course he didn't feature much

The reason why Ole has never spoken of Amad in the same way he has Elanga these past couple of games is that Elanga's here and Amad isnt

Stop being so dramatic and reading so much into things

Adam-Utd

Amad only arrived at the club at the end of Jan, that means he had less than 4 months of football left in the season all while trying to bed into a country so of course he didn't feature much

The reason why Ole has never spoken of Amad in the same way he has Elanga these past couple of games is that Elanga's here and Amad isnt

Stop being so dramatic and reading so much into things
You're the one being dramatic :lol:

I said I don't think he's in his first team plans and you're calling it a reach. If Ole thought he'd contribute he wouldn't be sending him on loan, pretty simple.

Amad has way more experience than Elanga but he's leapfrogged him.

OL29

I said I don't think he's in his first team plans and you're calling it a reach. If Ole thought he'd contribute he wouldn't be sending him on loan, pretty simple.

What makes you come to that conclusion though? It's not like Ole's left Amad out of the team in favour of Elanga for these friendlies, he's at the Olympics.
Last season, Amad made 8 appearances to Elanga's 2. There's really nothing to suggest that Elanga's leapfrogged him.

GledTheRed

He's leapfrogged him because he's played in some friendlies when all the first choice aren't available?

Sure.

Adam-Utd

What makes you come to that conclusion though? It's not like Ole's left Amad out of the team in favour of Elanga for these friendlies, he's at the Olympics.
Last season, Amad made 8 appearances to Elanga's 2. There's really nothing to suggest that Elanga's leapfrogged him.
Ole's comments about Elanga last night (raving about him, saying he has a part to play) then talking about Amad and saying he will go on loan.

I just get the feeling that he's not fully taken to Amad, but he really likes Elanga. We shall see I suppose but if he genuinely thought of Amad as a first team option why is he wanting to loan him?

El Jefe

People need to remember that we signed this lad for a deal potentially worth up to €40m. I think its safe to say Ole and the coaching staff are very aware of his potential and definitely have plans for his development. I don't believe for a second he's below Elanga or Pellestri in the long term plans of the club.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
People need to remember that we signed this lad for a deal potentially worth up to €40m. I think its safe to say Ole and the coaching staff are very aware of his potential and definitely have plans for his development. I don't believe for a second he's below Elanga or Pellestri in the long term plans of the club.
Not more than some of the posters on here though! :lol:

OL29

Ole's comments about Elanga last night (raving about him, saying he has a part to play) then talking about Amad and saying he will go on loan.

I just get the feeling that he's not fully taken to Amad, but he really likes Elanga. We shall see I suppose but if he genuinely thought of Amad as a first team option why is he wanting to loan him?
To be fair, I don't think it's been established that he definitely will go on loan, going by those quotes? It could just be that Ole feels Amad is further ahead in his development and will likely be given a lot of games at a good level if he goes on loan, where as Elanga may fail to establish himself on loan and thus would benefit more from staying with the squad. It could also be that Amad's camp are pushing for a loan as he feels ready for more first team football.
There's so many possible scenarios, I don't think you can draw much of a conclusion from Ole's quotes.

charlenefan

He's leapfrogged him because he's played in some friendlies when all the first choice aren't available?

Sure.
Thanks for taking on the fight I honestly didn't have the energy battling that 'logic'

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Bench again for their QF against Spain.

In Rainbows

Bench again for their QF against Spain.
Not sure what he's seeing. It's been pretty obvious he's been one of their best players. Even commentators were baffled he was subbed off in the 2nd match.

Idxomer

Not sure what he's seeing. It's been pretty obvious he's been one of their best players. Even commentators were baffled he was subbed off in the 2nd match.
Their attackers aren't gonna see much of the ball anyway.

M16Red

Is it on tv ?
5 SPORT Israel 4K
Belarus 5 Internet (geo/R)
DAZN España ($/geo/R)
Discovery+ UK ($/geo/R)
ERT Sports 1 HD
EuroSport 2 España
EuroSport 5 UK HD
EuroSport Player ($/geo/R)
Football HD (tjk)
MATCH! Futbol 2 HD
RTi 1 Côte d’Ivoire
SuperSport LaLiga HD
SuperSport MáXimo 1 HD
TRT Spor Turkey HD
TVCG 2 / HD
TVE La 1 / HD
TVR 1 (romania) / HD
TyC Sports (argentina

But if your talking about 2003 tv then no.

Red00012

5 SPORT Israel 4K
Belarus 5 Internet (geo/R)
DAZN España ($/geo/R)
Discovery+ UK ($/geo/R)
ERT Sports 1 HD
EuroSport 2 España
EuroSport 5 UK HD
EuroSport Player ($/geo/R)
Football HD (tjk)
MATCH! Futbol 2 HD
RTi 1 Côte d’Ivoire
SuperSport LaLiga HD
SuperSport MáXimo 1 HD
TRT Spor Turkey HD
TVCG 2 / HD
TVE La 1 / HD
TVR 1 (romania) / HD
TyC Sports (argentina

But if your talking about 2003 tv then no.
Cheers mate

MDFC Manager

Just started watching, a good dribble already.

Misses a difficult chance though the move was flagged offside.

Status
Not open for further replies.