Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I would rather Amad get 30+ games next season as a starter, for a good level team, than taking up the minutes James has, which will be lessoned with the arrival of Sancho.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Some people just want to get angry on the net just for the sake of it.

Amad is 18/19 and has fecking loads of time on his hands. A season out on loan could, believe it or not, do him the world of good.

mu4c_20le

So you don't think he'd be a certain starter for teams like Aston Villa, Wolves, Burnely etc?
Not really, at Wolves he is behind Adama, Neto and Gibbs White. Villa behind Bailey and El Ghazi. He's got bags of potential but I don't see him immediately displacing established seniors just yet.

romufc

This! Always the Same few heads crying about James in every thread and his role as a backup. Either way James will be gone in a season or two and is happy to be backup in the meantime as Amad matures and fills out. Right now Amad needs to be a starter somewhere and make his bones and get kicked around for a season or two. He’ll be a more complete player for it. Find his way in the senior game without having to compete with Sancho and Rashford to play in consecutive difficult or meaningful games. He’s not going to find those games on our bench. If Hannibal isn’t going to play he should be sent out too.
People forget that he is a huge talent, he only way for them to develop is playing regularly. The reason Greenwood, Rashford and the like got so much game time at United was because of the situation we were in.

We were not challenging for major trophies, so you can bleed youngsters in, but if as fans we want to challenge for the title or CL, its not the time to give Diallo 20/25 PL games.

Greenwood came in and everyone reacted the same, start him, this that but Ole played him in the Europa league for 8 months, then at the end of the season he was starting PL games.

If we were battling for top 4 or in the Europa League, I guarantee Diallo would have stayed at United and got alot of game time. We just cannot afford to give him time at the moment.

Like you say, go out and play regular football, learn the trade and come back.

Matthew84!

I think this is definitely the best decision for him to develop, he's only played a handful of games so far.
He needs to be playing regularly next season, learning his trade.
Him only playing 5 minutes or a odd cup won't help him at all, that's for the likes of Mata and James,

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I still find it weird we've ended up with 4 young RW in the same age bracket, 3 if Greenwood ends up as a striker), we've basically ended up overcompensating for a lack of investment there. A loan does make sense, he'd just be playing second fiddle to Greenwood/Sancho if he stayed this season. I've aired my opinion on James plenty but his competition is Elanga and Rashford on the left moreso than Amad on the right.

He's an international now so shouldn't have any trouble finding suitors, I personally think he looks too good for a Championship loan. Would be interested to see if Brighton would take him.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I'd expect him to go on loan to a lower league team for now - probably Championship if not League One. Then get a loan to a foreign top tier club next year (France, Italy or Spain) and eventually move on to a PL team loan the following year to get experience. I think that is what we will more or less be looking at to get him ready to play regularly here, and he probably wouldn't make it as a consistent starter at any other PL team either. If he does very well in lower league then maybe we can skip the whole another country thing and loan him to a PL team next year.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Wherever he goes, we will have to hope that he can break into the first team and actually be looked after, or we could have another Rossi situation.
This is a issue that seems to continue with United. That issue being we're not great at finding perfect suiters for our kids who need top flight experience/ game time.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Great news!

Playing 3-4000 min is what he needs now. Not being «around the squad» for another year. I think the Championship would be a great experience for him at the right team. Good level, lots of games, competitive and physical. And he would likely be the star of the team.

CG1010

Gutted. Unless he goes for a loan at a top club (like Dortmund say) and does really well there, I don't see him having a way in United's first team. We will always have the likes of Sancho, Greenwood and Rashford ahead of him and it would make more sense for him to go out to get the minutes.

Santos J

Great news!

Playing 3-4000 min is what he needs now. Not being «around the squad» for another year. I think the Championship would be a great experience for him at the right team.
Yeah think this is it really, if he leapfrogged James in the pecking order he's still not really getting a beneficial amount of minutes. Somewhere where he'll be considered part of the teams best XI would be great, excited to watch him play consistently.

laughtersassassin

Great news!

Playing 3-4000 min is what he needs now. Not being «around the squad» for another year. I think the Championship would be a great experience for him at the right team. Good level, lots of games, competitive and physical. And he would likely be the star of the team.
I mean he is better than Dan James now so he should really be loaned to a lower level Prem team.

Too good for the championship.

James Peril

So you don't think he'd be a certain starter for teams like Aston Villa, Wolves, Burnely etc?
Aston Villa have Leon Bailey on the right side, Emiliano Buendia on the left/centre for record fees, how on earth would he be a certain starter there? One would argue those two players are as good as what United had on each flank last season. Wolves have Neto and the beast to name two, again, very good players far ahead of Diallo, perhaps better than he’ll ever become. Get real people, he’ll be loaned to a club where you can’t name two of their players.

Jacob

Inability to shift deadwood forces us to leave Amad's development in the hands of other clubs.

Nickelodeon

Gutted. Unless he goes for a loan at a top club (like Dortmund say) and does really well there, I don't see him having a way in United's first team. We will always have the likes of Sancho, Greenwood and Rashford ahead of him and it would make more sense for him to go out to get the minutes.
Mason Mount was playing for Derby a season before playing for Chelsea's first XI and two seasons before starting for England in Euros. If he comes good for whichever team (ideally a PL side), there's no reason why he can't make it for United. He just turned 19 last month, it's still a long time to go before we can convincingly decide whether he'll make it or not.

luke511

He's good enough to win points for us now, it's a shame people think there's been "zero evidence" of that when he's shined every time he's given a fraction of a chance. We have a weaker squad without him on the bench. I look forward to watching him regularly wherever he goes I guess.

SATA

To Derby County? They need players and what better way to be manage and develop by our own legend Wayne Rooney. He'll look after Amad well too

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
To Derby County? They need players and what better way to be manage and develop by our own legend Wayne Rooney. He'll look after Amad well too
They are a dysfunctional club.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I wouldn't want Amad to go anywhere near the shambles that is Derby or being managed by such an inexperience coach in Rooney.

CG1010

Mason Mount was playing for Derby a season before playing for Chelsea's first XI and two seasons before starting for England in Euros. If he comes good for whichever team (ideally a PL side), there's no reason why he can't make it for United. He just turned 19 last month, it's still a long time to go before we can convincingly decide whether he'll make it or not.
He didn't have a Sancho blocking out path to first team football though. Amad does and if he and club are choosing a loan now, and if he goes to a lower tiered club to get minutes, his path to first team at United would be very difficult.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Ridiculous decision, James is absolutely woeful.
Dan James got 7 goals and 6 assists last season from incredibly limited first team opportunities and plays for Wales national team every game. He's clearly not woeful is he?

Amad has only played a handful of minutes for us so far. He's nowhere near ready.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Exactly what Amad needs - minutes under his belt.

He is no where near ready for the first team here, the manager obviously thinks so too, but he does need game time.

He's not going to get the game time here, hes behind Sancho, James, Greenwood and Rashford (when fit) for the right side, and may get some fleeting outings ahead of Cavani and Martial through the middle.

That isn't enough, he should look at a lower premiership club, failing that a higher Championship club.

KennyBurner

The thing is he can’t impact the game at a physical level. He plays on the wing but doesn’t take on players as much. Loaning him out is good. He needs a lot of games at this stage.

laughtersassassin

The thing is he can’t impact the game at a physical level. He plays on the wing but doesn’t take on players as much. Loaning him out is good. He needs a lot of games at this stage.
He has been good and impressive every minute he has got. He hasn't got bullied and got stuck in.

Same can't be said for another player we have.

Bogga

Aston Villa have Leon Bailey on the right side, Emiliano Buendia on the left/centre for record fees, how on earth would he be a certain starter there? One would argue those two players are as good as what United had on each flank last season. Wolves have Neto and the beast to name two, again, very good players far ahead of Diallo, perhaps better than he’ll ever become. Get real people, he’ll be loaned to a club where you can’t name two of their players.
It's either me overestimating him or you underestimating... guess we'll have to wait and see :)

El Zoido

Loan is a good option for him, providing he goes to the right club. He’s still got a bit of development ahead of him.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Dan James got 7 goals and 6 assists last season from incredibly limited first team opportunities and plays for Wales national team every game. He's clearly not woeful is he?

Amad has only played a handful of minutes for us so far. He's nowhere near ready.
Stop trying to talk sense, some people don't undersatnd it!

Status
Not open for further replies.