5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

laughtersassassin

Dan James got 7 goals and 6 assists last season from incredibly limited first team opportunities and plays for Wales national team every game. He's clearly not woeful is he?

Amad has only played a handful of minutes for us so far. He's nowhere near ready.
Amad played much more limited minutes and also grabbed some goals and assists. His general performance was also better.

Per 90 his contribution would also be better.

He is clearly more technical and has a better ability. James gets bullied every game too so the slight argument doesn't work when comparing the two.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Stop trying to talk sense, some people don't undersatnd it!
I'm used to it. It's fashionable to slate British players on this board.

Amad might well go onto be a top top player but he's nowhere near ready for us. Dan James is a good squad option for us who people just love to hate for some reason. I don't get it at all.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
People talk like James is going to be a consistent starter.

I mean, the only reason James got a more minutes last year is because we rocked up back into the EL again. Hopefully its not the case this season and we finally get out of our CL group.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Is it worth pointing out that when Harry Kane was Diallo’s age he was sent on loan to Millwall? From there he had stints at Norwich and Leicester before making the Spurs first team squad.

Closer to home, David Beckham would be heading off to play for Preston at this point in his career.

And these are local players with an established network of families and friends, immersed in English football from day one.

Loads more examples could be mentioned, including some of the best players in the league right now.

And let’s not forget that Amad is a long way from the sort of physical specimen that might easily adapt to playing against seasoned PL professionals. So, basically, quit yer whining and let people who know how to best develop young footballers do what they think is the right thing to try and nurture Amad into a top level footballer.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Not really true that though.

He gives everything on the pitch, so not really seeing that myself.

I trust the management to make the right decisions with the players, I've always thought that Amad isn't ready for regular first team apperances, and I am not sure he offers enough right now to be ahead of James.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Amad played much more limited minutes and also grabbed some goals and assists. His general performance was also better.

Per 90 his contribution would also be better.

He is clearly more technical and has a better ability. James gets bullied every game too so the slight argument doesn't work when comparing the two.
Was it? He scored a nice flicked header against Milan. Haven't really been blown away by any of his other apps. But then he has a fancy foreign sounding name though doesn't he so that automatically means he's better?

Mickson

This this and this.

The people on this thread slandering Dan James are an absolute joke. Amad is a kid. He's not quite ready yet for PL

Amad might well go onto be a top top player but he's nowhere near ready for us. Dan James is a good squad option for us who people just love to hate for some reason. I don't get it at all.
[/QUOTE]

Like being a Wales international is something to write home about? Their squad is full of Championship players, which is kind of what James is too. He's shite and I couldn't care less if he is British or Mongolian. Amad is better now and will be ten times the player in two years. He needs to get the chance, otherwise, it's pointless.

Champ

Is it worth pointing out that when Harry Kane was Diallo’s age he was sent on loan to Millwall? From there he had stints at Norwich and Leicester before making the Spurs first team squad.

Closer to home, David Beckham would be heading off to play for Preston.

And these are local players with an established network of families and friends, immersed in English football from day one.

Loads more examples could be mentioned, including some of the best players in the league right now.

So, basically, quit yer whining and let people who know how to best develop young footballers do what they think is the right thing for Amad’s career as a top footballer.
Don't you know...the Caf posters know better than anyone?

Fluctuation0161

Closer to home, David Beckham would be heading off to play for Preston at this point in his career.

So, basically, quit yer whining and let people who know how to best develop young footballers do what they think is the right thing to try and nurture Amad into a top level footballer.
Good point.

ROFLUTION

Do you honestly think James is United quality? If we are to win the league and the squad players like James have to put in shifts to win games? I think Mata is a better squad option. Even Lingard.

When playing for Wales you could see more of his real level as he didnt stand out at all. He wasn't better than some midtable or championship level players. I just think the bar for squadplayers should be higher.

MadMike

Ridiculous decision, James is absolutely woeful.
For the wing positions, James is currently behind Sancho, Rashford, Pogba, Greenwood and potentially also Martial and Lingard.

The point that I'm making is that with the addition of Sancho, James won't get too many minutes and games this season. Especially once Rashford returns from injury.

If Amad gets a good loan he will get way more minutes than James and develop faster.

pascell

Was it? He scored a nice flicked header against Milan. Haven't really been blown away by any of his other apps. But then he has a fancy foreign sounding name though doesn't he so that automatically means he's better?
He's just technically better than James on the whole.

What does James offer technically?

laughtersassassin

Not really true that though.

He gives everything on the pitch, so not really seeing that myself.

I trust the management to make the right decisions with the players, I've always thought that Amad isn't ready for regular first team apperances, and I am not sure he offers enough right now to be ahead of James.
Giving everything isnt an attribute really.

Just look at the Wolves games. Amad is the better player. Only difference Is he is younger

MadMike

Do you honestly think James is United quality? If we are to win the league and the squad players like James have to put in shifts to win games? I think Mata is a better squad option. Even Lingard.
But that's a bit irrelevant ain't it? James is behind a ton of players and is perhaps a bit surplus. However him leaving or staying, won't elevate Amad to a position where he starts a lot of games for us. There's simply too many good players ahead of him and thus he might benefit more from a loan and getting solid minutes.

Pickle85

Amazing how many fans on the caf know more about diallo's readiness than the people watching him reason up close day in day out. Maybe, just maybe, the coaches etc know what they're doing?

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
I mean he is better than Dan James now so he should really be loaned to a lower level Prem team.

Too good for the championship.
I’m not sure it matters that much. Grealish played in the Championship tohe was 23. Bruno player in Portugal at the age of 25. But both of them got games and was «stars» of their teams. Both of them played competitive football and was too good to not get minutes. How old was van Dijk when left Scottland? 24?

I think we overestimate the importance of playing at the highest possible level. Make 100 % sure that the players will get games at a competitive level. Avoid at all cost that a player get a poor experience. That should be our priority in my opinion.

And how good Amad is? I think very few knows for sure. But for the people who have seen him at Carrington every single day, it is not that hard to assess.

Mickson

But that's a bit irrelevant ain't it? James is behind a ton of players and is perhaps a bit surplus. However him leaving or staying, won't elevate Amad to a position where he starts a lot of games for us. There's simply too many good players ahead of him and thus he might benefit more from a loan and getting solid minutes.
James will probably start this weekend.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
This this and this.

The people on this thread slandering Dan James are an absolute joke. Amad is a kid. He's not quite ready yet for PL

Like being a Wales international is something to write home about? Their squad is full of Championship players, which is kind of what James is too. He's shite and I couldn't care less if he is British or Mongolian. Amad is better now and will be ten times the player in two years. He needs to get the chance, otherwise, it's pointless.
[/QUOTE]

So you know better than Ole, Phealen and Carrick then?

Amad's time will come. He's younger and has a lot of development to do.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Amazing how many fans on the caf know more about diallo's readiness than the people watching him reason up close day in day out. Maybe, just maybe, the coaches etc know what they're doing?
Exactly.

ROFLUTION

Just reacted to someone saying James was a good squad player, nothing else. I'd get rid, as he'll never be relevant for us compared to better quality squad-players.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
That's what I mean. People say that he barely plays etc, but he clearly does. Quite often. And not on merit. Probably due to Ole liking him for some reason.
Or because Rashford is out and Sancho may not be up to speed.

Idxomer

Good decision.

He needs to play consistently in the next couple of years, so his development isn't stalled.

MadMike

That's what I mean. People say that he barely plays etc, but he clearly does. Quite often. And not on merit. Probably due to Ole liking him for some reason.
How does he clearly do? The season hasn't even started yet, he's got 0 apps like everyone else. Stop projecting ffs

flappyjay

A real shame, he's ready to play, he played as a winger and no 9, he scored in the EL for us, we paid 35 million for him, he's not an Elanga or Shoretire.. woudl love to have him ahead of James.
We paid 18m. Until he fulfills the necessary clauses it's 18m.

Based Adnan

Can't sell James or Lingard so lets loan out Amad knowing full well the majority of loans are failures, poor decision

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Higher rated. More higher level experience etc etc.

We should easily be able to get Amad a better loan than Derby.
:lol: Mount was Eredivisie team of the year and Vitesse play of the year at the same age. Amad’s “more higher level experience” is sitting on some benches and playing about 300 minutes of first team football.

Champ

Giving everything isnt an attribute really.

Just look at the Wolves games. Amad is the better player. Only difference Is he is younger
Amad is currently not the better player - he potentially will be the better player, but currently James is ahead of him in the pecking order, which would suggest James is the better option right now.

mu4c_20le

:lol: Mount was Eredivisie team of the year and Vitesse play of the year at the same age. Amad’s “more higher level experience” is sitting on some benches and playing about 300 minutes of first team football.
Yes but did he score against Milan? Did he feck!

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Mount was ahead in his development largely because *drum roll* he got minutes/experience outside of Chelsea.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Dan James got 7 goals and 6 assists last season from incredibly limited first team opportunities and plays for Wales national team every game. He's clearly not woeful is he?

Amad has only played a handful of minutes for us so far. He's nowhere near ready.
He got 5 goals and 2 assists last season, the feck you on about?

Status
Not open for further replies.