Amad Diallo image 16

Amad Diallo Ivory Coast flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
We should definitely keep him here next season if we can't secure a premier league loan for him.
Why? Players like Jack Grealish, Mahrez, Salah etc was playing at a Championship-level at that age (and older). Why is it so important to get him to a PL-level maybe at the expense of him playing?

AneRu

Why? Players like Jack Grealish, Mahrez, Salah etc was playing at a Championship-level at that age (and older). Why is it so important to get him to a PL-level maybe at the expense of him playing?
Yes at this stage of his career game time is more important, we know he has the talent to make it in the PL but it could all go wrong if he goes to a team that doesn't play him as first choice. Its either he stays here or he goes back on loan to a team where he has a fighting chance for an important role in the side.

SAFMUTD

I reckon he could start for the majority of clubs in the bottom half of the Prem.
I think you're overrating him quite a bit.

Bottom half clubs:

Chelsea - Sterling/Joao Felix
Palace - Olise
Leeds - Aaronson
Wolves - Sarabia
West Ham - Bowen
Everton - Iwobi
Forest - Johnson
Bournemouth - Ouattara
Leicester - Maddison/Tete/Iheanacho (they rotate so much the RW that's it's hard to know how's the starter there).
Southampton - Elyounoussi

I'd say besides Bournemouth there's no clear team in which he'd be easily a starter. With most teams having better players than him in his position at this point.

He sures has the potential, but saying he'd start for most bottom table teams is simply not true.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He isn't likely to get a lot of game time for us let's be honest.

Assuming Sancho stays this summer and he who shall not be named comes back into the fold then Amad would be well down the pecking order.

Needs a loan in the PL next season. A team that plays nice football and suits Amad's style.

Still don't think he will make it at Utd but he is obviously going to have a decent career somewhere.

SAFMUTD

It's been proven than youngsters that stay with the first team have more chances of making it than players that are loaned to lower leagues.

Of course there's an exception here and there, but who was the last youngster we loaned that came back to make it?

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
My best bet is that Diallo will play a fairly important role for us next season. He is good enough and fits ETHs style to a T — in many regards. I think ETH would prefer a RW that is a little big stronger on the ball, but on the other hand, Diallo is extremely quick at getting to lose balls and like Mowbry always bring up — he is always leading the way for Sunderland in all stats categories like pressing, tracking back and so forth.

But he is just such a delight as a “team player”. Never holds on to the ball a second too long. Always delivers perfectly weighted passes. Extremely good at getting out of crowded situations with the ball.

Remember the geese

Bottom half clubs:

Palace - Olise
Leeds - Aaronson
Wolves - Sarabia
West Ham - Bowen
Everton - Iwobi
Forest - Johnson
Bournemouth - Ouattara
Leicester - Maddison/Tete/Iheanacho (they rotate so much the RW that's it's hard to know how's the starter there).

I'd say besides Bournemouth there's no clear team in which he'd be easily a starter. With most teams having better players than him in his position at this point.

He sures has the potential, but saying he'd start for most bottom table teams is simply not true.
I consider him to be at least equal to (and better in some cases) than most of that lot to be honest. It's just whether those clubs would prioritise a loan player over their own. A stylistic match is very important too. I'd rather he stayed with us and was given the opportunity to compete with Antony and Bruno, plus a new signing.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Let's get those steroids that Bayern have. Amad all jacked up like Davies will be immense.

Dan_F

Bottom half clubs:

Palace - Olise
Leeds - Aaronson
Wolves - Sarabia
West Ham - Bowen
Everton - Iwobi
Forest - Johnson
Bournemouth - Ouattara

Love that Chelsea are in that group :lol:

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
His football intelligence is so good already. Knows when to shoot and when to pass to a team mate. Looks a great young player.

Idxomer

Hopefully this cnut didn't injure him, Carroll-like tackle on him.

CM

We need to let him play pre-season with us in the summer

Dve

Should have an assist there. Brilliant play.

HookedOnAPhelan

Might not be quite ready for us yet (though I'm starting to believe he might be very soon), but he's so incredibly talented.

Ooo_ahhh_Cantona!!!

Hopefully he will be given a chance in preseason to show whats he got, maybe a loan in prem be good if not going to get enough minutes here, obviously needs to be going to the right club to enable his ongoing development imo hes at the age where he needs good amount of minutes, i can imagine one of Diallo or Pellistri will be loaned but id like them to be given a chance to compete with Antony on the right. I like the fact that Diallo can be utilized in the middle, i loved that clever headed goal he scored against AC Milan a while back, i am hopeful he will come good here if he works hard and takes his chances.

Last edited:

Khadaad

What a brainfart by the defender in the last second of the game.
I screamed "No tackle" at the tv like a madman, when the Hull player got the ball. After the foul, Ekwah actually had the gall to say "I didn't touch him" .

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
This is Amad’s world, we’re all just living in it

Sancho99

Quite frankly his level of touch and technique is probably on another level to anyone in our squad. He chooses the right pass more often than not too.

Sounds awful but he's probably the perfect kind of player for Man City in terms of suitability.

SAFMUTD

Left footed who plays on the right. He'll have his chance next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.