Amad Diallo image 16

Amad Diallo Ivory Coast flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alemar

Even if next season he starts every 5th game as an AM (to give rest to Bruno) and every 5th game as an RW, it’s already 40% of the games. Add a few subs here and there - and here comes a very useful squad player

Dve

Even if next season he starts every 5th game as an AM (to give rest to Bruno) and every 5th game as an RW, it’s already 40% of the games. Add a few subs here and there - and here comes a very useful squad player
Yes. Or when Antony is out for a month with an injury.

Or, he'll actually challenge for a spot. I see many things he does that are not just because he's playing in the Championship. I may have too high hopes, but I'll give him a chance.

Lyng

The thing about Amad that makes me believe he could make it here is how he clearly reads the game on a different level. Give him players like Bruno and Eriksen to play with and he will be even better.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Do you remember Sancho in the Bundesliga? Which is likely a better league than Championship…
Yes I do. Too bad it hasn’t worked out at United. Just saying that we haven’t seen Amad in the PL yet. I’m very optimistic about his chances here but just wanted to point out that the defenders Antony is facing are a bit better.

top1whoisman

Scout
Ah, the league where the ball is cube-shaped as opposed to the PL where it's spherical
True. We should definitely sign the top striker from the National League. Would save us a lot of money. Seeing as they also play with a round ball in non-league.

Anustart89

True. We should definitely sign the top striker from the National League. Would save us a lot of money. Seeing as they also play with a round ball in non-league.
If we're just discussing striking technique, which is what the tweet was referring to, then striking the ball in the Championship would presumably translate to the Premier League. Do you disagree with that?

OrcaFat

If we're just discussing striking technique, which is what the tweet was referring to, then striking the ball in the Championship would presumably translate to the Premier League. Do you disagree with that?
It’s probably the case that striking the ball sweetly and accurately is easier to do if you have a little more time before you get closed down (or hacked down).

top1whoisman

Scout
Sorry, didn’t realise that your post was solely referring to the tweet.

So yes of course the technique itself is the same no matter what the level. Naturally Amad’s got more time to release his shots and the keepers are not on the same level so I’d still say you can’t compare them 100% even in this regard.

Bondi77

Yes I do. Too bad it hasn’t worked out at United. Just saying that we haven’t seen Amad in the PL yet. I’m very optimistic about his chances here but just wanted to point out that the defenders Antony is facing are a bit better.
Defenders in the Dutch league wouldn't be much better and we paid 85mil for him :lol:

Mingus

Against Birmingham, there were 2, 3,and sometimes 4 defenders looking after him (and he still scored).

He might even have more space in the Prem because of the quality elsewhere that has to be stopped.

top1whoisman

Scout
Defenders in the Dutch league wouldn't be much better and we paid 85mil for him :lol:
And he’s improving in a new country & league. A bit more imagination to his finishing and more games like at the weekend and he’ll be considered a success soon.

Bondi77

And he’s improving in a new country & league. A bit more imagination to his finishing and more games like at the weekend and he’ll be considered a success soon.
It will take a lot more than that to be called value for money.

Anustart89

Sorry, didn’t realise that your post was solely referring to the tweet.

So yes of course the technique itself is the same no matter what the level. Naturally Amad’s got more time to release his shots and the keepers are not on the same level so I’d still say you can’t compare them 100% even in this regard.
Yeah, my point was only about the striking technique itself (from the position shown in the picture). To actually get yourself to that position requires more skills as the defenders get tougher.

top1whoisman

Scout
Yeah, my point was only about the striking technique itself (from the position shown in the picture). To actually get yourself to that position requires more skills as the defenders get tougher.
Fair enough. I misunderstood your post, my bad.

Dve

Do you remember Sancho in the Bundesliga? Which is likely a better league than Championship…
Irrelevant comparison. Every young player has to start somewhere, and a hell lot of them progress through lower or weaker leagues. Amad is not Sancho.

Blood Mage

I don't see Amad as a winger in the future, more of a shadow striker/inside forward really. Different type of player to Antony so there's no point in comparing them.

ManRed

I don't see Amad as a winger in the future, more of a shadow striker/inside forward really. Different type of player to Antony so there's no point in comparing them.
Unfortunately we dont have such a position in our playing XI so he will have to adapt to playing backup to Bruno/Anthony

Lyng

And why would Amad not improve in a new league?

On the whole Amad vs Antony comparrisson. To make any definate takes on who ends up being the better player seems very premature.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Thats the problem. Getting 30+ games a season versus 15+ appearances.
It's not that straightforward, Amad should be integrated with the team, he should know his teammates, get used to the playing style, understand the demands within the role by the manager.

His development has been very good, now it's time for next step. We don't need him to be his best version by next year or even year after, we can play him in few league games and cup games which should help him to get used to the team and grow with the team.

top1whoisman

Scout
And why would Amad not improve in a new league?

On the whole Amad vs Antony comparrisson. To make any definate takes on who ends up being the better player seems very premature.
I was just replying to the poster laughing at Antony and his price tag. Never said Amad wouldn’t improve and in fact I’m confident he’ll be a useful squad player next season.

Regarding the bolded part, couldn’t agree more. The modern (football) discussion where you have to pick between two extremes is tiring to say the least.

Lyng

I was just replying to the poster laughing at Antony and his price tag. Never said Amad wouldn’t improve and in fact I’m confident he’ll be a useful squad player next season.

Regarding the bolded part, couldn’t agree more. The modern (football) discussion where you have to pick between two extremes is tiring to say the least.
Yeah absolutely agree completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.