Amad Diallo image 16

Amad Diallo Ivory Coast flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valencia Shin Crosses

It's not that straightforward, Amad should be integrated with the team, he should know his teammates, get used to the playing style, understand the demands within the role by the manager.

His development has been very good, now it's time for next step. We don't need him to be his best version by next year or even year after, we can play him in few league games and cup games which should help him to get used to the team and grow with the team.
Yeah him getting decent rotational minutes as part of a team that's really challenging and playing in the biggest games is way better for development than a lower table slog for Everton or somewhere while getting battered every other week. People value "minutes" too much without taking into account what those minutes might be like and what kind of environment the player is in, not to mention the team style and squad composition.

Like do people really think Garnacho would have been developed better if we had loaned him off to the Championship this year and he was a full time starter for some team? Of course not, the experience as a rotational player and coaching he's gotten with us is miles more valuable than the potential for more starts in a completely different situation. I think there is an even bigger opportunity for Amad with us next year, as his quality could see him win over that RW role if he replicates his performances from this year, and he adds a supreme level of technicality that Antony simply doesn't have.

aeh1991

I'm confident that he would be a much better backup player than Pellistri or Elanga, who can impact the game when subbed in. Should keep him and sell the other two.

croadyman

I'm confident that he would be a much better backup player than Pellistri or Elanga, who can impact the game when subbed in. Should keep him and sell the other two.
Still think Pellistri deserves a go

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Starts against West Brom in what is a huge match in the playoffs race. Live on Sky, kickoff 12:00 BST.

top1whoisman

Scout
His football looks so effortless. Glides on the pitch. It’s also impressive how rarely he loses the ball despite always looking to advance the play if possible. Always showing up for the ball without ever complaining if he doesn’t get it (although I agree with Mowbray that with his quality he should demand it more). Very good decision making for a young player. Probably the best close control in Championship.

Idxomer

His football looks so effortless. Glides on the pitch. It’s also impressive how rarely he loses the ball despite always looking to advance the play if possible. Always showing up for the ball without ever complaining if he doesn’t get it (although I agree with Mowbray that with his quality he should demand it more). Very good decision making for a young player. Probably the best close control in Championship.
Yep, funny seeing so many players on the pitch struggling under pressure while he just deals with it easily.

jem

Still think Pellistri deserves a go
I agree that he probably does deserve it but I can't help but wonder if he kind of falls into the James Garner category of a player we might be able to get a decent fee for, a player whose prospects of regular playing time here look quite slim

croadyman

I agree that he probably does deserve it but I can't help but wonder if he kind of falls into the James Garner category of a player we might be able to get a decent fee for, a player whose prospects of regular playing time here look quite slim
Yeah you may well be right

top1whoisman

Scout
If Fulham vs Leicester doesn't interest you, Amad's Sunderland face Fernández's Preston at 15:00 BST live on Sky. Both starting. Sunderland have a chance of getting to the playoffs with a win.

top1whoisman

Scout
One thing he needs to work on is his movement and activity off the ball. Quite often he kind of falls back to watching what his teammates do instead of trying to find space to run into and offering passing angles to his teammates. Not so much shying away but just staying passive.

And now he scores a wonder goal!

Idxomer

One thing he needs to work on is his movement and activity off the ball. Quite often he kind of falls back to watching what his teammates do instead of trying to find space to run into and offering passing angles to his teammates. Not so much shying away but just staying passive.

And now he scores a wonder goal!
He has that Messi nonchalant attitude off the ball sometimes which he needs to get rid of.

top1whoisman

Scout
He has that Messi nonchalant attitude off the ball sometimes which he needs to get rid of.
Yeah I think with Amad it’s more of a concentration issue than arrogance. It feels like he needs to get reminded on that as he tends to stand on his feet quite often.

Edit: Actually just before his goal is a good example of this. He just stood there when he could’ve made a run to either receive a pass or to create space for his teammate. Fortunately the ball fell to him but I think that was a perfect example of what I meant. He needs a lot of coaching to reach his potential.

Last edited:

lost7

Imagine saying with a straight face that you'd rather he go on loan again then take Antony's spot. He's miles better
I really like Amad, but he's still not ready to be a starter and won't be next season either. Has to massively improve his work rate and concentration throughout the game, or he'll end up having the same issues as Sancho.

If Sunderland go up, I'd loan him for the next 6 months and if he's performed well, we can recall him half way through the season

Jev

I really like Amad, but he's still not ready to be a starter and won't be next season either. Has to massively improve his work rate and concentration throughout the game, or he'll end up having the same issues as Sancho.

If Sunderland go up, I'd loan him for the next 6 months and if he's performed well, we can recall him half way through the season
I really don't understand how you could come to that conclusion having watched Antony this season. Antony isn't ready to be a starter either, and there are serious doubts as to whether he'll ever be. Amad has done enough, and Antony has done little enough, for Amad to deserve a chance. If he looks out of place, we can loan him out in January.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Imagine saying with a straight face that there isn’t room for both of them in our squad (and/or ignoring the step up between playing in the Championship and the PL).
I've already said there is room for both, but many think he must go on loan again which is insane considering we have exactly one left footed attacker in the squad that already isn't as gifted as Amad.

Put it this way, I'm comfortable in saying that Diallo would have the same numbers as Antony if given the same amount of minutes, if not better.

Valencia Shin Crosses

This would be a viable option if we actually had a good right winger though. We don't. Loaning him out for the sake of it again is stupid

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Imagine saying with a straight face that you'd rather he go on loan again then take Antony's spot. He's miles better
Tbh the way ETH treats pellestri I have my concerns if amad will get enough playing time if he was to stay back next season. Another season of this level of performance and a year's worth of full time playing experience would do him wonders.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Tbh the way ETH treats pellestri I have my concerns if amad will get enough playing time if he was to stay back next season. Another season of this level of performance and a year's worth of full time playing experience would do him wonders.
That's on the manager though. My point is the player is more than good enough to contribute next year, and loaning him out for the sake of it is stupid

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
That is why I hope he is on tour to the US. If he shows the manager what he can do then he might have to keep him around. If he does want to loan him again then if Sunderland do not come up a PL loan to see how he copes with the physicality, although to be fair he has coped with the rough and tumble of The Championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.