View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Bobski

Did well in his first 5 mins then very little.

Deserves a chance though given the form of the alternatives.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Really? Picked the wrong option every time and slowed the counter attacks.

Better than Antony at least.
Comparatively, at least. The time he was actually playing out wide was better than most of what Rashford, Antony, and Garnacho offered. Went a bit quiet when he was pushed back into midfield to replace McTominay.

Irwin99

Comparatively, at least. The time he was actually playing out wide was better than most of what Rashford, Antony, and Garnacho offered. Went a bit quiet when he was pushed back into midfield to replace McTominay.
I mean, i'd give him a chance but i don't honestly think he suits a counter attacking team.

Ekeke

Did well but had some chances to do a bit more and chose not to shoot, or the wrong time to shoot. Still played better than Rashford and Antony

Ekeke

I mean, i'd give him a chance but i don't honestly think he suits a counter attacking team.
Scored 2 on counters for Sunderland last season

Rashford has scored 1 on a counter this season, Garnacho has scored 1 on a counter this season

Stadjer

Seemed okay when he came on but there was a moment he could have made a pass and kept it. Became less involved the longer he was in the game.

I get why he isnt starting in an important game like todays game but i would like Amad to get some more chances. League is done, would be nice to give him some minutes there. He has the talent but he does need to play.

Ekeke

I understand people wanted him to take players on and smash the ball in each time he got it but what he mostly did was successfully keep the ball and keep it moving which our players failed to do for most of that 2nd half other than him.

It wasnt the best thing we could have got out of those attacks but he had the ability to do what McTominay, Eriksen, Rashford and so on failed to do and one of the reasons why our team conceeds 20+ shots a match and one of the reasons why we conceded 3 goals today in that 2nd half.

Idxomer

Definitely think he could be more decisive with his final passing. It's not like he can't make those passes, he has a great technique.

Still, he had more key passes than any of our other wingers.

Golden Nugget

I understand people wanted him to take players on and smash the ball in each time he got it but what he mostly did was successfully keep the ball and keep it moving which our players failed to do for most of that 2nd half other than him.

It wasnt the best thing we could have got out of those attacks but he had the ability to do what McTominay, Eriksen, Rashford and so on failed to do and one of the reasons why our team conceeds 20+ shots a match and one of the reasons why we conceded 3 goals today in that 2nd half.
I think that’s it. I understand why there’s two opposite views on Diallo - as he controls the ball and looks up for options each time. For me, it’s good, as more often or not he’ll keep the ball and only take risks when it’s worth taking - like the Bruno chance where he hit the bar.

For others, he slows down the play too much and plays back too much.

TempusFugit

This guy needs actual match rhythm. Expecting him to come on and change the game after sitting on the bench for the last 2 months is a little unrealistic. He clearly has talent and a few attributes that we're desperately missing in the middle of the park. Ten Hag won't give him any game time though. Amad could be a capable Bruno backup if given the opportunity. He doesn't think/see passes as quickly as Bruno but he can learn.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Only his 6th appearance of the season. You wouldn't think so by comparing him to his competition.

Sylar

He needs a run of appearances and games. We don't have anything to play for in the league so he should get some starts and minutes.
But I thought he would have had much more than he's had so there's that too

Roboc7

He should be coming on ahead of Antony, at least he looks like he might do something and maybe with some more minutes he’d kick on a bit.

Rasmus_9

Should start on Wednesday but of course ETH will go with the usual suspects

RuudTom83

His general play is easy on the eye, so I understand the clamour from some fans to get him more minutes.

Personally I’m not sure what he brings to the wings that Garnacho/Antony doesn’t.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The only reason Amad isn't ahead of Antony in the pecking order is because of ten hags bit of nepotism since he pushed so hard for him. Amad is a much more likable human, a more talented player, works harder... Shouldn't be any debate between them.

Andersons Dietician

He looks incredibly tidy on the ball. Compared to everyone else in the squad he might as well be Pirlo. Should have slipped that pass through to Bruno instead of waiting to see if it would open up for Antony. He did well and honestly I’d rather see him given a chance over Rashford to see what he is really about.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
He’s tidy but has the same inability to pick the right pass at the right time as all of our other wingers. (Apart from Rashford of course who doesn’t even bother trying)

Would be good if coached well

Litch

I think context is important and coming on at that isnt easy. I think he did look sharp and only fell off when he had to drop in midfield when Scott went off....

Grande

if that's the thing everyone in the team is being held for, when you see Rashford jogging around where is the same 95% he is seeing with him? or AWB or even Dalot(has improved from last year is that the standard we are hoping for?) - I would go as far as to say only Bruno does that off the ball aspects well and overdoing it too probably because he has to do it for all the other 3 people in the team.
You of course acknowledge that the off-the-ball-stuff consists both of effort/intensity and of decisions (when to run, where to run)? We can watch a game thinking Rasford is a disaster OTB, but because we don’t know and understand the gameplan, it might be that he makes the right runs whereas say Garnacho or Amad runs alot more, but makes the wrong runs. We don’t know, but to the coaching team it’s clear as day, and is even more important than both effort and on-the-ball-stuff.

Thus it makes little sense for us viewers to thinknwe know better than the coaches the real quality of each players off-the-ball performance.

The Purley King

One of the few bright sparks from today.
Looked good I thought, but arrived into the game when we were completely falling to pieces. He’s a very good player and I hope he starts every game for the rest of the season.

Oranges038

Tidy on the ball and actually tries to look after it, a rare sight in this Utd team. Should get all Rashford's minutes from now until the end of the season.

AneRu

His general play is easy on the eye, so I understand the clamour from some fans to get him more minutes.

Personally I’m not sure what he brings to the wings that Garnacho/Antony doesn’t.
Works harder off the ball, is a more assured passer and if game time had been invested in him early he would have come into his own become a more creative force. It's not like he is trying to displace prime Giggs and Ronaldo either, you can't watch that Antony cameo and say this unless you just dislike him.

MDFC Manager

Not his best game tonight, which means we'll only see him play again next season.. perhaps for another club

Lee565

There is no reason why he shouldn't be getting a game or two over rashford who just constantly runs into traffic and loses the ball and Antony who we'll basically adds absolutely nothing aside from the odd off target shot from cutting inside, even when he played down the left he was pointless

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Not slipping in Bruno on the counter was pretty criminal, but overall keeps the ball moving and well. Has an annoying tendency to drop deep to pick up the ball though. Not particularly helpful for a winger.

criticalanalysis

Not slipping in Bruno on the counter was pretty criminal, but overall keeps the ball moving and well. Has an annoying tendency to drop deep to pick up the ball though. Not particularly helpful for a winger.
That's not a bad thing at all as we don't play with a midfield. Our defenders and midfielders struggle to progress the ball because ETH has the attackers playing this high press man marking thing 40 yards away from them.

In fact, him coming 'deep' for the ball is why some like him because we actually get to see some passing and interplay. He's more than capable of holding onto it, making a turn and playing good/safe/progressive passes. in theory that should then open up space for others and it did initially but we play shite football anyways so it always revert back to shite.

Red-17

I think that’s it. I understand why there’s two opposite views on Diallo - as he controls the ball and looks up for options each time. For me, it’s good, as more often or not he’ll keep the ball and only take risks when it’s worth taking - like the Bruno chance where he hit the bar.

For others, he slows down the play too much and plays back too much.
Yeah I think the problem is all we every expect from our wingers is hard charge dribbling and runs in behind because we so rarely slow the play down to try and control the ball and push up the pitch as a collective. Amad or even Sancho are not going to stand out if you want to spray 50 yard balls to them in space or consistently go 1v1, but he is so much better at passing and moving and actually keeping possession than many of our wingers, especially Rashford. There are so many situations where we make a careless pass or unnecessarily risk one that leads to a give away that then gives the opposition another chance to counter us, and we don't have the personal at the back or in midfield to deal with that.

He is someone who would look miles better playing in a well set up team with other players of a similar style.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
You watch this kid for 5 minutes and can see the reason United signed him. I have seen Antony for 50 games and still not seen the reason United signed him

DavelinaJolie

He's odd to watch. I suppose because he is short he seems more in control of himself and the ball when moving, but some of his decisions were a bit odd. Obviously not passing to Bruno but also that weird sequence where he kept dropping deeper under pressure with the ball from just over the half way line until he eventually passed back to Onana, even though there was an option open to him near the middle.

lsd

The Oracle
You watch this kid for 5 minutes and can see the reason United signed him. I have seen Antony for 50 games and still not seen the reason United signed him

That's the annoying thing as it's just so obvious that he is a talent whereas with Antony it's clearly not there yet he is always going to be preferred by Ten Hag over Amad

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
That's not a bad thing at all as we don't play with a midfield. Our defenders and midfielders struggle to progress the ball because ETH has the attackers playing this high press man marking thing 40 yards away from them.

In fact, him coming 'deep' for the ball is why some like him because we actually get to see some passing and interplay. He's more than capable of holding onto it, making a turn and playing good/safe/progressive passes. in theory that should then open up space for others and it did initially but we play shite football anyways so it always revert back to shite.
It is, because it doesn't help us create scoring opportunities. He's meant to help us hold the ball higher up the pitch and be creative. If he just comes deep to get on the ball, he vacates his position that's meant to be occupying - no one is filling it and just let's the opposition get behind the ball.