Amad Diallo | Rangers loan watch

Son

The talent's obviously there. He just needs game time. He had wasted easily a year -- six months waiting around at Atalanta to be sold -- and then six months at United playing at the Academy and then the 3 months of injury & recovery.
In 3-4 years' time, if we had not bought him, folks here will be saying and wondering why we never buy talent earlier and instead pay a premium for read-made talent.
We paid 40 million for him didn’t we? You could say that’s a premium and more than he’ll ever be worth as a footballer.

luke511

Rodrigo & Vinicius last night showed us up a bit. We tried the to do what Real did and our players absolutely bottle it.

Maybe this guy has a better chance in a possession based side but the facts are if he can’t handle it in the SPL why should we believe he can do it in a harder league?

The best players show their class regardless like when R9 moved to the Dutch league back in the day.
He hasn't been given a proper opportunity/run of games once in his professional career. I wouldn't say he's bottled it at all, he's just been very unfortunate. He would've probably got more games here than at Rangers if he had stayed, due to the Greenwood situation. In the very small sample size of playing in the PL and Europa for utd he's shown encouraging signs.

mav_9me

We paid 40 million for him didn’t we? You could say that’s a premium and more than he’ll ever be worth as a footballer.
Sigh. No. We paid 17-20 something like that. We will pay 40 if he fulfills criteria, which would be a good thing.

Still one of the most expensive teenagers in the Premier league?
Definitely expensive for what he has produced so far. His first match at Rangers he did well, his second match was the Old firm and he got hooked at half time. He has been unable to fight his way back into the team and doesn't look like doing it between now and the end of the season.
Overall an unsuccessful loan but if he learns from it and applies himself under ETH he may do well. He is not a lost cause, yet, although he does have an awful lot to do to justify his price tag.

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
Was reading in The Athletic that supposedly Bournemouth passed on a loan after Kieran McKenna, a friend of Scott Parker's, expressed reservations about Diallo's ability to adapt to the Championship because of his size. Has he done much to disprove that in Scotland?

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Yeah, Probably. FYI I just corrected him on the post. Nothing else to my post.
Oh no doubt, just wanted to point that out!

I really want him to succeed here, and I think under Ten Hag he'll have no excuses as it should suit his style, my theory (unfounded and just plain hopeful) is that we mainly sent him out to get away from this squad and the bad influences within it.

I'm using the word hope a lot, but hopefully he can shine next season.

@Sammy McIlroys fan club agree, as I said above, Ten Hag should play into his strengths and he'll have no excuses, just hope he can rise to the level required.

city-puma

He needs to bulk up physically. Maybe after the summer, he will give all of us a surprise after some dedicated hard work.

Bulletproof91

Supports
Rangers
His loan at Rangers has came a year to early. He looks like a wee boy out there, ideally we'd get him on another year's loan and he can spend the summer going through puberty and putting some mass on.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Was reading in The Athletic that supposedly Bournemouth passed on a loan after Kieran McKenna, a friend of Scott Parker's, expressed reservations about Diallo's ability to adapt to the Championship because of his size. Has he done much to disprove that in Scotland?
Not at all. And a concern if McKenna has reservations about him.

Chripper

Scottish football gets slaughtered by people in England, but (on the park) it's raw and honest and you have to be of a certain disposition to shine up here. If you're soft, you won't survive.

Giovanni Van Bronckhorst played in Scotland, so he needs what's required. Obviously, he thinks that Scottish football is too physical for Amad. And because he hasn't got match fitness, he isn't playing in the European matches.

He is learning more at Rangers than he would be at United. He's with a club whose players are fighting for each other and playing as a team.

Last edited:

laughtersassassin

He's on right now. Playing tidy.

Rangers fans warmed to him a bit more since he came on and got that yellow versus Celtic.

They definitely value Grit over technical ability.

Hoof the ball

Beautiful play by Amad.
Great from Diallo.

Space to burn here
Diallo has so much natural talent.
Im sorry, but in the big games coming up, if the choice is wright or diallo, im picking diallo every time.
I’d take Diallo on loan for another year. Bags of pace and trickery
Amad has tortured this daft Tim jobber since coming on.
Brilliant from Diallo. The kind of player we might need to open up the tin of Frankfurters.
I doubt Diallo would have made enough of a difference to change the outcome of the league but it does surprise me he wasn't given more of a chance to play

Diallo must be having a hell of a game for this sudden clamour to retain him

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Wasn't he supposed to go to the Netherlands on loan at the beginning of the season but he was injured?

With ETH coming in I think he may send him there, Rangers have failed him because of the Celtic match.

laughtersassassin

Wasn't he supposed to go to the Netherlands on loan at the beginning of the season but he was injured?

With ETH coming in I think he may send him there, Rangers have failed him because of the Celtic match.
I'm not joking when I'd say I'd keep him. We will keep Elanga around and I stand by he is for sure better than him.

Obviously some disagree and that's ok but Amad has more technical ability for sure.

If we are going to loan him we have to get it right because he ha very good ability.

Also he is working so hard defensively today as well

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I'm not joking when I'd say I'd keep him. We will keep Elanga around and I stand by he is for sure better than him.

Obviously some disagree and that's ok but Amad has more technical ability for sure.

If we are going to loan him we have to get it right because he ha very good ability.

Also he is working so hard defensively today as well
I wouldn't mind him staying but he needs game time and GVB has wasted him. Get him in a team where he's playing week in, week out.

Idxomer

I still don't think the loan has been a complete bust, he's part of a team that reached a European final which is a good experience.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Haven’t seen him today - I know it was only a 5 minute cameo against Celtic but he did genuinely look quicker and stronger. It’s all physicality with him - once he grows into his body and can play at the intensity required he’ll be a top player.

laughtersassassin

I wouldn't mind him staying but he needs game time and GVB has wasted him. Get him in a team where he's playing week in, week out.
Agreed with that. GVB became afraid to change the team due to the fight with Celtic.

He also had scored an Offside goal earlier in the match. Very good 45 for him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Getting into form just in time for the Europa final

marktan

What team are they playing against, the highland farmers? Some really dodgy defending in those clips.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
His treatment after the Celtic game has been utterly baffling. He’s got bundles of talent.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
for all the sucking off of ronaldo we’ve done this season, he hasn’t done it against dundee like amad has. one to ponder on for his critics methinks.