Amad Diallo | Rangers loan watch

Idxomer

3 key passes, 3 dribbles, 25/26 passes and 1 goal.

Not bad.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Rangers can feck off if they want him for another season after how they've treated him this year. Send him to a proper league.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Hopefully he can have a good preseason with us, because he hasn't had one yet, and it would really benefit him. His natural talent is very evident, great touch and technique and has is also comfortable on either foot.

Amad and Hannibal were the stand out players at youth level for me.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Good goal but I would still have him out on loan next season. Obviously preferably to a club he's more often than not going to feature, depending that his application is right.

mu4c_20le

Rangers can feck off if they want him for another season after how they've treated him this year. Send him to a proper league.
Wasn't he injured for a bit?

I really think he should stay on for another season, he's just starting to find his feet and I'd be disruptive moving him around again. The fans seem to love him as well.

Gandalf

Wasn't he injured for a bit?

I really think he should stay on for another season, he's just starting to find his feet and I'd be disruptive moving him around again. The fans seem to love him as well.
Only for a game or two, on the whole has been ignored by GVB for some reason and would probably benefit from a loan to a club with a Manager who actually believes in him as it is easy to destroy a young players confidence with poor handling.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Good for him, would still loan him out. He needs first team football and we’re not in a position to dismiss cup competitions by playing our second team, so he won’t get much of it here. Hopefully a decent championship side gives him a chance on loan.

city-puma

It looks the bad loan eventually becomes a great experience for him. I can imagine how hard he is putting on the work behind the scenes to get the most out of the lesson he learned earlier. It needs the real determination to get through the difficult process. Glad for him to turn it around even though it’s a small one. Let’s see after the summer what he will be then.

dubplate warrior

He's technically outstanding and very intelligent however badly this loan has gone. I do think like Donny there's a talented player ETH can get something out of.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Rangers had all the ball but it was grand. Pressed when needed
When we signed him I shared links to about 6 full games that Amad played for Atalanta in the Uefa Youth League, and his pressing/work rate in a coordinated setting was very evident in those games.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I've said this time and time again, he needs to buff up , too weak physically but can make it.

pascell

I think he'll be in the first team squad next season, just because of the lack of numbers we have.

We're like to see 4 signings and we need a CB, 2x CM and a ST. Which leaves our wing options as Sancho, Rashford and Elanga, doesn't fill me with much optimism given Rashfords form and Elanga still finding his feet at senior level.

mu4c_20le

Only for a game or two, on the whole has been ignored by GVB for some reason and would probably benefit from a loan to a club with a Manager who actually believes in him as it is easy to destroy a young players confidence with poor handling.
I guess the reason is they were in a tight title race and he trusted his starters. From what I've seen, balogun was ahead of him off the bench. He's still very young and raw, those guys have more senior experience.

laughtersassassin

Rangers fans all want to keep him now for the most part.

Only ones who don't seems to be because they don't want to develop him for us.
really sloppy for the first 45 mins. picked up in the second half though.
He didn't play the first 45 minutes......
Why spread false info?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
They are in the Europa League final. Schooling Bundesliga teams in the process.

NotQuiteManc

Get Antony from Ajax and send Amad to Ajax on loan for two years. Might work for both parties.

luke511

Get Antony from Ajax and send Amad to Ajax on loan for two years. Might work for both parties.
Or.. Spend big on more urgent positions like CB, RB, CDM, CM, CF and give Diallo (and Pellestri) a fair shot to show what they're made of on the right wing? And then address next window if necessary?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We could get Antony from Ajax and develop Amad as a false #9/RWF/LWF. I remember his first full start was against Wolves in a central attacking role and he was superb imo. We're too eager as fans to send players on loan, but imo I'm hoping Amad impresses ten Hag, so he becomes a part of the squad.

TheReligion

Abusive
Who would have thought? Young player giving sporadic performances during first real spell in senior football.

I swear this place

Zevvythered

Proper league??? AD will have learned more in the last 6 months in Scotland than he probably could have anywhere else…

His first old firm game ended in disaster being subbed early doors!! he could have easily been on the phone straight away to Ralf asking for a return to OT but he sucked it up, kept his head down and worked as hard as he could.

Did you watch the Europe league Semi final? at the final whistle He certainly didnt see it as a waste of time as he danced the night away within Ibrox.

Today he has came on and shown so much character, skill, and bravery that I 100% believe he would have never learned going else, to top it off he has probably thrusted himself into a Scottish cup final, and a European cup final not bad for a waste off time!!!

Samid my I ask a question?? where would you have sent AD on loan and what would you like to his next move??

Because If Rangers/United and AD can come to agreement then I wouldn’t be against another years loan.

Last edited:

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Proper league??? AD will have learned more in the last 6 months in Scotland than he probably could have anywhere else…

His first old firm game ended in disaster being subbed early doors!! he could have been on the phone straight away to Ralf but he kept his head down and worked as hard as he could….

Did you watch the Europe league Semi final at the final whistle?? He certainly doesn’t see it as a waste of time as he danced the night away within Ibrox.

Today he has came on and shown so much character, skill, and bravery that I believe he has learned from his 6 months at Rangers, and who knows could end up a double cup winner…

If Rangers/United and AD can come to agreement then I wouldn’t be against another year loan.
totally agree, an invaluable learning experience for him. from his time up there he’ll now know how to order a kebab at 4am and how to finger his cousin behind an oddbins. he’ll also be set for life after football after learning how to scam the dss.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
That would be amazing. CL football and plenty of easier league games. Such a great platform for a precocious but not quite physically ready for the PL player. I still think he’s got WC potential but I really think we need to stop expecting 18 19 and 20 year olds to come in and save us though. It’s not healthy for them and I think there might be a trend emerging where these players have a good season or spell and burn out or maybe just aren’t professional or focused enough and the money is made for life by the second contract. Dele, Rashford, Adnan, Greenwood etc. let them play at a lower level until it’s undeniable they are ready to carry the burden of fame and pressure that goes with playing here. Fergie used to hold players back until they were ready. We haven't had that luxury in a long time from Adnan on…

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Good goal but I would still have him out on loan next season. Obviously preferably to a club he's more often than not going to feature, depending that his application is right.
We are so short of options though. I’d like him to have at least 6 months being assessed and trained by ETH. Then maybe a second half of the season loan. I think a lot depends on the reinforcements we bring in and his prospective game time. Hard to judge right now.

Zevvythered

totally agree, an invaluable learning experience for him. from his time up there he’ll now know how to order a kebab at 4am and how to finger his cousin behind an oddbins. he’ll also be set for life after football after learning how to scam the dss.
Says the guy who‘s tagline wants to rim Ronaldo!!!

But the only problem with your whole statement is kebab shops shut at 2 am in Scotland…. Something to do with us all being hungry bast**ds :drool::drool::drool::drool: