Amad Diallo signs for Manchester United

bsCallout

This was certainly a good opportunity to have hin on the bench considering the opposition. Can't see him featuring for ages now.
Not sure why we'd rush him into the bench is this game, we have a deep squad and he's only just joined having not played much in Italy either.

Perhaps put him in the squad for Southampton.

Bojan Djordjic

Am I really the only one who has low expectations of Diallo?
As a matter of interest, why do you have low expectations? I can understand not running away with yourself but United have paid £40 odd million on him at 18. Surely that's enough to suggest he's not a complete pudding. The people saying with certainty that he'll be a world beater annoy me but I find the negative to this even more puzzling.

BR7

As a matter of interest, why do you have low expectations? I can understand not running away with yourself but United have paid £40 odd million on him at 18. Surely that's enough to suggest he's not a complete pudding. The people saying with certainty that he'll be a world beater annoy me but I find the negative to this even more puzzling.
So what did u think of him against the scousers?

BR7

Wait what! Noo. I was playing devils advocate between yourself and the guy you were arguing with.

My gambling days are over!
Ha, I know right it’s when the wife says just been going through your acct, who are WHO? Err world health organisation thought I’d be charitable....

Can7onA

Stick him on the right, as long as I don't have to see Martial half arseing round the pitch.

stw2022

If it’s a fitness issue he shouldn’t be rushed. I think though we’ve all been scarred by the club signing someone and we never seen them for months.

They’re not training right, their attitude is wrong, they fall foul of the dress code, they broke wind on the team but, they looked at someone the wrong way..or some other reason why new signings are locked away while we have players who look as if they’re playing as a favour

Wing Attack Plan R

So what did u think of him against the scousers?
He looked good but not head and shoulders above the others out there. The highlights are on MUTV. He scored twice (one a pen) but hard to tell if he’s ready for the first team. I thought he looked really small, at least against Hugill he did. I didn’t see anything that suggested he’s the answer to our right sided question. Hugill was banging them in for fun though.

Last edited:

BR7

He looked good but not head and shoulders above the others out there. The highlights are on MUTV. He scored twice (one a pen) but hard to tell if he’s ready for the first team. I thought he looked really small, at least against Hugill he did. I didn’t see anything that suggested he’s the answer to our right sided question. Hugill was banging them in for fun though.
I think it was a great start for him. Hugill looks good as well. Size isn’t such a problem if you can have a low centre of gravity and make it work for you. He absolutely ate up that CB with that bad first touch. He showed great anticipation, speed and finish. I watched the whole game, very keen to see him in the first team. If you’re good enough you’re old enough blah blah .... he is a much better technical player than DJ and does actually track back. We’ve got nothing to lose here by playing him. Can’t do any worst against that Sheff Utd team.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I watched the game live and thought he far and away looked like the most distinguished player on the pitch. He's small but knows how to use his size to his advantage. Liverpool had some big lads at the back but they were unable to push him around. Liverpool were terrified of him.

In terms of what he can bring to the first team: first and foremost he's an intelligent player, that's clear. He exploits space and passes the ball well. He also commits players, he runs at them. We don't have anyone who can do that from the right.

That's not to say he should be starting every game immediately, but I reckon he'll be part of the first team far quicker than most think. He certainly can't do any worse than James has done.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I watched the game live and thought he far and away looked like the most distinguished player on the pitch. He's small but knows how to use his size to his advantage. Liverpool had some big lads at the back but they were unable to push him around. Liverpool were terrified of him.

In terms of what he can bring to the first team: first and foremost he's an intelligent player, that's clear. He exploits space and passes the ball well. He also commits players, he runs at them. We don't have anyone who can do that from the right.

That's not to say he should be starting every game immediately, but I reckon he'll be part of the first team far quicker than most think. He certainly can't do any worse than James has done.
Agreed, while we have some difficult games on the horizon I would be excited to see him in the squad and as you say he can't do any worse than some have done already on the right side.

Devil81

Really hoping he makes the bench for tomorrows match.

Would love him to burst on the scene and lift the players.

Wing Attack Plan R

Admittedly I only saw the 20 minute highlights, which gives a skewed sense of the player's involvement and influence. I hope you're right and that he does make it to the bench for Southampton. For as loose a player as Dan James is, he has incredible pace and energy and that much would be obvious if he were in a U23 match. Diallo looked like a good player against lousy opposition. Hannibal looked far more dominant, in my view.

Phil

Tonight is exactly why he should be on the bench for us.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Yeah he'd have been perfect for the bench tonight. Think he'll make the bench for the cup game and hopefully carry on from there

Phil

The only reason is so fans can 'get a look' no footballing reason to rush when he is so new and inexperienced / young
How about a positive chance to play in and experience the first team at Old Trafford in the Premier league with literally zero pressure against ten men? Obviously tonight is a unique circumstance but still, you don't become experienced by not being a part of things. He’d do no worse than a few playing tonight, he's played full team games in Italy

Crashoutcassius

How about a positive chance to play in and experience the first team at Old Trafford in the Premier league with literally zero pressure against ten men? Obviously tonight is a unique circumstance but still, you don't become experienced by not being a part of things. He’d do no worse than a few playing tonight, he's played full team games in Italy
Why not play any of our talented youngsters who have been in the country longer than two weeks. He has played a first mins of first team football

Phil

Why not play any of our talented youngsters who have been in the country longer than two weeks. He has played a first mins of first team football
I don't necessarily disagree but do we have any highly rated kids that play in such a position of need?

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
He has played like 20 mins of football. Why do fans expect him to have an instant impact.crazy
Instant impact? I'm not implying he'd tear the league apart, just expect a 20m signing in a position we severely lack depth in to get on the bench.