Amadou Onana

Suedesi

Seems like a good player - can dribble, tackle, wins duels - and fairly young. Tenacious and was a handful in our match at Goodison. Haven’t seen much of him, but what’s the Caf’s opinion on his ceiling?

kaku06

He’s unit alright and he can play at a good level but not sure he is good enough for a big club.

mu4c_20le

His technique seems poor but he's very mobile for someone that size. Combined with an engine and he's a handful to play against.

avgp_1

Better at winning the ball and causing mayhem thanks to his physique than at passing it around

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Everton seemed to be very excited when signing him but I'm yet to work out what his strengths are. Just seems a decent footballer with a massive frame to me. I'm sure he'll keep developing though.

KeanoMagicHat

Everton’s new Fellaini. Not meant in a disparaging way, Fellaini was one of their best midfielders when he played for them and a real handful.

BarryWinks

Everton really do like their lumbering midfield oaf. Fellaini, Doucore and this Onana lad.

Not the type of midfielder we should be looking at though, not good enough on the ball for a team that should ideally have more of the it than 70-80% of teams they face.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
When he's been on his feet, he's been okay.

TsuWave

I’m thinking this guy wouldn’t be a bad pick up for relatively cheap if Everton gets relegated

avgp_1

I’m thinking this guy wouldn’t be a bad pick up for relatively cheap if Everton gets relegated
Agree. If Caicedo becomes unattainable due to the price Onana looks a very good option. Has settled into the league quite well

Abraxas

Poor on the ball. Not available often enough, gives it away too much, no passing range. Pretty dire combination for a player at a top side.

SambaBoy

Yeah he's not very press resistant, his touch is too loose. And he tries to compensate by dribbling out of these areas, but gets caught too often. I think he'll get better and maybe in a year or two, he'll be a good option for a top team but he needs to improve some basics first.

avgp_1

Poor on the ball. Not available often enough, gives it away too much, no passing range. Pretty dire combination for a player at a top side.
Actually his long passing technique is pretty good and he is getting a lot better in recent games I've watched. Yesterday for instance I thought he was brilliant.

He is primarily a ball winner but he is adjusting to the pace of the league where he is getting caught out still at times. I think as a cheap backup to Case he is a good shout if Everton do go down. Him and Lavia are ones to keep an eye on

Abraxas

Actually his long passing technique is pretty good and he is getting a lot better in recent games I've watched. Yesterday for instance I thought he was brilliant.

He is primarily a ball winner but he is adjusting to the pace of the league where he is getting caught out still at times. I think as a cheap backup to Case he is a good shout if Everton do go down. Him and Lavia are ones to keep an eye on
For me it doesn't add up, he's still fairly young and if he's adjusting as you say then both of those things mean he needs regular football at a club more befitting of his current level. I don't think he adds anything to us right now, he hardly impacts the game in possession so I think he's on the bench most of the time. Most of the time we need to break down worse sides so a DM needs more than athleticism and breaking up play and if you look at Everton they can't progress the ball for toffee which he's a part of...

McTominay is probably as good if not better, he's just not very fashionable but I'm pretty sure he could go to this Everton side and stand out and we'd be saying the same thing. McTominay could be a good squad option!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Excellent today, much more than just a run around destroyer

TsuWave

McTominay is probably as good if not better, he's just not very fashionable but I'm pretty sure he could go to this Everton side and stand out and we'd be saying the same thing. McTominay could be a good squad option!
He's better than Mctominay for me. Mctominay is also 26 whereas Onana is 21

IrishMcD

I love this guy, an absolute monster. Reminds me Patrick Viera so much, massive presence, extremely comfortable on the ball, tackles everything that moves, never stops moving and seems to have an absolutely fantastic attitude. Moshiri the lunatic would surely take a straight swap if we offered McTom

Abraxas

He's better than Mctominay for me. Mctominay is also 26 whereas Onana is 21
Well yeah, of course I'd have him swapped for McTominay in an instant for that reason.

Still don't think he's top club material.

mav_9me

That run where he crossed the ball across Arsenal's box... Shows you he is more than a destroyer.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Looks a prospect.

Chelsea were linked weren't they..... :lol:

avgp_1

Another strong performance. He has been getting better a lot as the season has progressed

Ekeke

Not the most graceful by any means, but will compete for the ball and has some pace and ability to run the ball and hes huge

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Hope we stay up as if we do someone will pay a silly 80m on him.

croadyman

That run where he crossed the ball across Arsenal's box... Shows you he is more than a destroyer.
Was that where Calvert-Lewin just needed to get a better connection,would definitely take him in our midfield no doubt

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
His dribbling gets lost very easily.

Will show like a sore thumb at United but good for a club like Everton

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
There's a cluster of clubs looking for midfielders in the summer, with Rice and Caceido near the top of most lists. I think Onana will be the next option for those clubs that fail to land either.

dinostar77

Hes only 19 so plenty of time for him to develop. As for his ceiling, remains to be seen. A season under dyche will improve him.

NoPace

They look perfectly suited as a pair, I fancy Belgium to still be pretty good in like 6 years when they have far less talent but less egos and an size and speed pairing of De Kaetelare-Openda in front of them. Looks made for being an annoying QF team.