Amadou Onana

JuriM

Onana, Doucoure, and Gueye midfield is tons of raw strength and stamina and could bring problems to many if they make it work.

SambaBoy

Why are people comparing him to Fellaini? Nothing alike.

I've never seen Fellaini go on a run like Onana did down the left hand side which he is more than capable of. I think he will develop into a very good player - but I don't think he's anywhere near ready for a big club yet.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Why are people comparing him to Fellaini? Nothing alike.

I've never seen Fellaini go on a run like Onana did down the left hand side which he is more than capable of. I think he will develop into a very good player - but I don't think he's anywhere near ready for a big club yet.
Tbf when Fellaini was at Everton we utilised him in attack and defence like we have with Onana. He was capable of doing those runs. Onana has a lot more potential though.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Onana, Doucoure, and Gueye midfield is tons of raw strength and stamina and could bring problems to many if they make it work.
Was thinking that myself. The power and athleticism they would have make them difficult to deal with. Wouldn't be pretty at times but might be quite effective. Iwobi is a pretty powerful runner as well but has a bit more guile about them. That's the way I would go anyway and pray Calvert-Lewin can find fitness and form.

DownRiver

He is just excellent on the ball, imagine going from Onana at Ajax, to De Gea at Man Utd.

I think Ten Hag knew the dilemma when he tried playing out from the back on the first day of the season!

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Wrong player?

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He is just excellent on the ball, imagine going from Onana at Ajax, to De Gea at Man Utd.

I think Ten Hag knew the dilemma when he tried playing out from the back on the first day of the season!
:lol: :lol:

All Onanas look the same to you? :nervous::nervous:

Jam

they signed him for 33 so can't see 40 happening
At that point join the race for Lavia.

I could be massively off the mark but I just get the feeling Onana would be one of those players you buy that don’t particularly add anything, and just exist at the club for a few years as a squad member. Schneiderlin-esque.

If we’re looking at an additional squad member just stick to Amrabat, if we’re looking to be more ambitious and for a potential future XI player Lavia.

Onana is a fine player, but cost Vs return doesn’t add up.

I get numbers have went crazy recently but spending potentially 50+ on a squad member is crazy when in reality the first team still needs investment. Would be frustrating to miss out on first choice targets for starting XI over cost when we’d have the world’s most expensive bench/not in match day squad

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

Excelling much more now he's being played as a 6.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

We need him back ASAP. He's been great this season.

Kingslayer18

He would be one of my top picks to replace Casemiro as a 6. He's got good athleticism, speed, height and decent passing ability.

Marwood

I really like him. Obviously physically very good but he can play. Got nice light feet.

We should be going for him.

Walters_19_MuFc

Starting against England tonight. Looks like he'll be the holding midfield, with Mangala and Tielemans as the 8's.

Be interesting to see how he gets on tonight, especially against Bellingham.