Amazon Documentary on the 99 season.

The Urban Goose

I was a kid during the Treble era so wasn't aware of the media coverage of Cole & Yorke's threesome scandal. Blimey!
Ha, I was living in Manchester as a student and the rumours about those two around town were rampant.

Binge watched it this evening and it brought back so many great memories. Don't really have anything to add to what's already been said but it did strike me that those moments in the CL final will never be repeated as a fan as VAR has put a stop to that instant euphoria. We were very lucky to experience that.

Juicy Juiced

Still remember, running all a cross my living room jumping, and hiting with my back on couch. Mom was livid, war just stoped in Bosnia and she bought some new furniture hah. Man good times. I wish our fans will keep standards how good we were.
People are arguing is Antony good. They didn't se that team. Just like I didn't se Bugsby Babies, but they were respected all over Europe. Even in closed Balkan, Manchester was something special.

dabronxolivera

Supports
Al Hilal
I was a little kid back then so have zero memories on the treble but the documentary is really good. We can see the winning mentality all over the squad which starks with our current setup. Everyone also respect the gaffer so much. SAF was and is the GOAT

Still remember, running all a cross my living room jumping, and hiting with my back on couch. Mom was livid, war just stoped in Bosnia and she bought some new furniture hah. Man good times. I wish our fans will keep standards how good we were.
People are arguing is Antony good.
They didn't se that team. Just like I didn't se Bugsby Babies, but they were respected all over Europe. Even in closed Balkan, Manchester was something special.
I watched it with my wife and I literally joked that from our current setup nobody will get into that team.

Legend16

made it to the Liverpool cup game........inter milan......juventus home........and the final in Barcelona that year. Those last few mins were absolute chaos in the stand I was in. Remember walking Las Ramblas that night and just thinking........it doesn't get any better. Sat in the street and watched the party too drained to even get involved. Magic. Looking forward to watching this.

The Urban Goose

Were they linked to students?
The rumours were that they had a penchant for young blonde ladies. Not young in the Rolf Harris sense, but they weren't averse to a student.

They were only rumours though, same as the one about Beckham buying a house for a stripper to keep her quiet (post marriage), so who knows whether there was any truth to it.

Last edited:

SirScholes

Great watch, seeing my hero’s speak with so much passion, couldn’t help get pissed watching it, the state of our current team, maybe only one or two would survive that dressing room.
The drive and will to win was on another level, half our lot just don’t care

The Urban Goose

Great watch, seeing my hero’s speak with so much passion, couldn’t help get pissed watching it, the state of our current team, maybe only one or two would survive that dressing room.
The drive and will to win was on another level, half our lot just don’t care
That was the stand out. Some were incredibly talented, some were less so, but the mentality was outstanding.

It sounds like Keane really stood up that season, not just in Turin but from the Christmas party speech onwards.

Never mind once a generation, that is once a lifetime stuff (a group of youth products going on to dominate).

People argue over whether the 2008 team of Rooney & Ronnie was better etc. but that 1999 team will always be by far my favourite.

GueRed

anyone know if this is gonna be eventually shown on tv or be available to buy on dvd or bluray?