Amber Heard vs Johnny Depp | Depp wins on all 3 counts

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Unhinged? If you think you can have your nose broken by the blunt force trauma of a headbutt and not have bruising then you're the one that's unhinged. Even if you have your nose broken deliberately in a surgical environment you can't avoid swelling for at least a week, let alone having no swelling or bruising the next day. It's quite telling that the only people the argue against just come with nothing but baseless insults like calling people unhinged without addressing the post, just attacking the poster. Pathetic attempt.
Beforehand, My opinion on this trial is that is a shitshow and dont even know what happened there. But my my own and only one experience is that someone broke my nose and i had no swelling and no bruise at all. To a point that i only knew that it broke because it was the only time that i bled from it in my life and from a crack that i can still feel and confirmed by X rays

If that would not happen to me, i would be in your side, but robably because we have seen many movies and not many broken noses in real life.

Every body is different and evry ocurrence is too

MichaelRed

Beforehand, My opinion on this trial is that is a shitshow and dont even know what happened there. But my my own and only one experience is that someone broke my nose and i had no swelling and no bruise at all. To a point that i only knew that it broke because it was the only time that i bled from it in my life and from a crack that i can still feel and confirmed by X rays

If that would not happen to me, i would be in your side, but robably because we have seen many movies and not many broken noses in real life.

Every body is different and evry ocurrence is too
I wouldn't be surprised if I'd seen a hundred broken noses in real life tbh. Your case sounds very interesting, how did it happen & what made you seek an x-ray? Anyway, Amber didn't get medical help in her story which means it had to be clearly broken otherwise she wouldn't have known & then how did it fix itself without medical help? The answer obviously is it didn't because it's a fairy tale but.. yea..

hobbers

Extra time because Americans hate ties. Depp and Heard take a weapon of their choice from the Big Box of Weapons and then fight until only one remains.
Or they elect champions to represent them in the arena. Manson vs Musk.

Dismissed
So that goes for both the claim and counter-claim? Each one has to convince a unanimous jury?

Wing Attack Plan R

From what I have read on this case, it's widely accepted that Depp is 100% going to lose. The case was only taken because it would be played out in the public eye and Depp would win in the court of public opinion. This is what has happened.
I've read the opposite. People thought that Depp would lose, but based on Heard's hilarious testimony, (e.g. parakeet floors, and her hilariously over the top descriptions, e.g. being beaten in the face for minutes with Johnny's ringed fingers and having no bruising), the opinion now is Heard is going to lose. Whether the jury awards $1 or $50M, Depp will win, and it's not really about the money, but about the ability for him to go back to things like Pirates.

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
I've read the opposite. People thought that Depp would lose, but based on Heard's hilarious testimony, (e.g. parakeet floors, and her hilariously over the top descriptions, e.g. being beaten in the face for minutes with Johnny's ringed fingers and having no bruising), the opinion now is Heard is going to lose. Whether the jury awards $1 or $50M, Depp will win, and it's not really about the money, but about the ability for him to go back to things like Pirates.
If Depp wins, I hope the jury awards $1. Will be great to read posts about how Depp didnt really win because he only got $1 in compensation :lol:

fallengt

https://nypost.com/2022/05/10/why-johnny-depps-lawyers-celebrated-amber-heards-kate-moss-mention/

Sorry If this had been mentioned before. Depp's team was visibly happy when Heard said "Kate Moss".
Someone explained to me that on court there's an agreement that you can't bring up "x" unless the other mention "x" first. Now AH has name dropped JD's ex, his team can call KM as witness. Previously Kate Moss was declined as witness for JD by the judge because she was not relevant enough to the case.

video:

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Deppo won't be going back to mainstream movies anytime soon.

This case has sullied both their names.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
how did it happen?
I wouldn't be surprised if I'd seen a hundred broken noses in real life tbh. Your case sounds very interesting, how did it happen & what made you seek an x-ray? Anyway, Amber didn't get medical help in her story which means it had to be clearly broken otherwise she wouldn't have known & then how did it fix itself without medical help? The answer obviously is it didn't because it's a fairy tale but.. yea..
First,i said is an isolated case an as any case study, you dont only take in account one case specially personal bias. It was just my 2 cents

Second, i don't know why it matters how but it was an accidental basketball action where a guy clashed his backhead with my nose. I dont know if buttheads causes bruises while backheads dont. But trust me that was a rough clash playing between 2 heavy guys.

Third. It seems that for the tone of both you dont believe me. Couldnt care less. It happened and i can still crack my crevice of my ery slightly crooked nose

Fourth. Im zero invested in who is right and who is crazier or who lies more in this trial but im here for pure gossip, specially the likes of the bed turd stories. So no, i didnt share my story to further Ambers agenda. Just that broken nose not leaving sequels, mught happen

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I see the debates about who abused whom more, and because it is still very subjective, I'll try and stay out.

What does Depp need to prove that he was indeed the victim of defamation? Shouldn't his lawyers be establishing that:

1. Depp had good fortune prior to article.
2. The article was indeed about him and indeed by Heard.
3. The article is untrue to a large extent
4. Depp suffered misfortune after the article
5. Depp suffered misfortune because of the article

I see the entire debate about 3. Are the rest of the points already proven? Am I correct in understanding that even if 3 is achieved, the case will be lost if the other parts aren't?
Pretty much correct. The thing for me is that the whole thing (for Depps side) hinges on proving a negative, they cannot prove that he had never been violent or never been abusive in other ways. Whether she was abusive or the most abusive isn't a question being asked in law I believe. Depps case largely seems to focus on public perception, and he went first so its natural for most to believe his side (on top of having more witnesses and evidence speaking his case to the public).

As for Heards side i think all they need to do is prove that he's been abusive on any way. Despite how it feels so put on to many of us and the lies she's been caught in I find it hard to believe that the extreme jealousy that an ex of Depps (can't remember the name) also talked about I think in an interview, doesn't constitute some form of abuse. I think there is a fairly low bar for her to win and I think she will.

That said she's losing in the publics eye unless something big comes out that people in general will accept as evidence of how they were just as bad as each other. It might be hard to find for many due to watching highlights that echo-algorithms feed them, but hopefully in places like this we can hear out what others put forward and get glimpses outside what we're being fed.

For the record I follow the case on Emily Bakers youtube streams, but with comment section removed from view. She's definitely team Depp as things are but I find her very fair. And of course she's an actual lawyer, so the comments can be good at pointing out stuff that's actually about the legal case.

MichaelRed

First,i said is an isolated case an as any case study, you dont only take in account one case specially personal bias. It was just my 2 cents

Second, i don't know why it matters how but it was an accidental basketball action where a guy clashed his backhead with my nose. I dont know if buttheads causes bruises while backheads dont. But trust me that was a rough clash playing between 2 heavy guys.

Third. It seems that for the tone of both you dont believe me. Couldnt care less. It happened and i can still crack my crevice of my ery slightly crooked nose

Fourth. Im zero invested in who is right and who is crazier or who lies more in this trial but im here for pure gossip, specially the likes of the bed turd stories. So no, i didnt share my story to further Ambers agenda. Just that broken nose not leaving sequels, mught happen
Damn, what a defensive post. Nobody was attacking you, just asking how it happened.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I didn't want to post in this thread as there seems to be a huge divide.

But I keep seeing post saying they're both as bad as each other etc, but being abused and defending yourself is and has never been considered domestic abuse/violence so surely the goal here should be to figure out who the aggressor was/is rather than the vilification of the abused because its easier?

I'd hate for this case to set the dangerous precedent of future victims of domestic violence to be too afraid of defending themselves.

MichaelRed

Pretty much correct. The thing for me is that the whole thing (for Depps side) hinges on proving a negative, they cannot prove that he had never been violent or never been abusive in other ways. Whether she was abusive or the most abusive isn't a question being asked in law I believe. Depps case largely seems to focus on public perception, and he went first so its natural for most to believe his side (on top of having more witnesses and evidence speaking his case to the public).

As for Heards side i think all they need to do is prove that he's been abusive on any way. Despite how it feels so put on to many of us and the lies she's been caught in I find it hard to believe that the extreme jealousy that an ex of Depps (can't remember the name) also talked about I think in an interview, doesn't constitute some form of abuse. I think there is a fairly low bar for her to win and I think she will.

That said she's losing in the publics eye unless something big comes out that people in general will accept as evidence of how they were just as bad as each other. It might be hard to find for many due to watching highlights that echo-algorithms feed them, but hopefully in places like this we can hear out what others put forward and get glimpses outside what we're being fed.

For the record I follow the case on Emily Bakers youtube streams, but with comment section removed from view. She's definitely team Depp as things are but I find her very fair. And of course she's an actual lawyer, so the comments can be good at pointing out stuff that's actually about the legal case.
That was from when Depp was 20. Hardly shocking that a young guy might feel jealous in a relationship, especially given how he's so introverted & it will have been one of his first relationships. Also, is jealously really unreasonable when your wife is sleeping around behind your back?

Edit: Also, when you say you think she'll win I assume you mean that he won't win? There's next to 0% chance she wins her counterclaim.

MichaelRed

But I keep seeing post saying they're both as bad as each other etc, but being abused and defending yourself is and has never been considered domestic abuse/violence so surely the goal here should be to figure out who the aggressor was/is rather than the vilification of the abused because its easier?

I'd hate for this case to set the dangerous precedent of future victims of domestic violence to be too afraid of defending themselves.
Exactly this. I remember a while ago there was some video of this guy keeping a girl hostage, she tried to leave & he kept stopping her, she warned him that she'd hit him if he didn't let her leave & he kept on keeping her hostage. Eventually she punched him and morons around the world were up in arms over her punching him. She had every right in that situation.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Exactly this. I remember a while ago there was some video of this guy keeping a girl hostage, she tried to leave & he kept stopping her, she warned him that she'd hit him if he didn't let her leave & he kept on keeping her hostage. Eventually she punched him and morons around the world were up in arms over her punching him. She had every right in that situation.
Yup, at some point a passive or controlled person will have no other choice but to resort to violence if constantly facing violence, that's human nature, and it should be applauded that a victim of domestic violence can fight back successfully as I know from experience, that a lot of sufferers of domestic violence never muster the courage to fight back and end up living a miserable life and become a shell of a human.

That women in your scenario should be viewed as a hero and a beacon for other victims, I just feel this case is going to set the whole domestic violence issue back massively.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
That was from when Depp was 20. Hardly shocking that a young guy might feel jealous in a relationship, especially given how he's so introverted & it will have been one of his first relationships. Also, is jealously really unreasonable when your wife is sleeping around behind your back?

Edit: Also, when you say you think she'll win I assume you mean that he won't win? There's next to 0% chance she wins her counterclaim.
Yes, I mean I believe he'll lose his claim, not that she'll win the counterclaim.
That's it's own case, right? Or is that something that will be decided by the same jury based on the same stuff? Either way I think both will lose their claims as things are now.

I don't think being jealous when you've been cheated on is unreasonable.
But you can feel a lot of things without acting on them, and while a man's brain isn't fully developed at the age of 20, that isn't an excuse for being abusive to a partner just because you have some rightful insecurities in your relationship.
If they were teenagers going through puberty and having hormonal swings and hardly a brain at all I'd probably not put much into it, at 20 it is a bit different for me.
What actions he might take during that time matters. If he leaves her then that is reasonable, if he hits her that isn't. The same goes for if he mentally abuses her for years over cheating he did not decide to leave her for. Mind i'm not saying he did, I'm merely saying that if Heards legal team manages to make that claim then I suspect that to be fair in the eye of the law. On a personal note I'm very much in your boat right now, I'm just not tied to the mast.

We might differ on this based on where we grew up as cultures have different ages for when we see others as adults.

MichaelRed

Yes, I mean I believe he'll lose his claim, not that she'll win the counterclaim.
That's it's own case, right? Or is that something that will be decided by the same jury based on the same stuff? Either way I think both will lose their claims as things are now.

I don't think being jealous when you've been cheated on is unreasonable.
But you can feel a lot of things without acting on them, and while a man's brain isn't fully developed at the age of 20, that isn't an excuse for being abusive to a partner just because you have some rightful insecurities in your relationship.
If they were teenagers going through puberty and having hormonal swings and hardly a brain at all I'd probably not put much into it, at 20 it is a bit different for me.
What actions he might take during that time matters. If he leaves her then that is reasonable, if he hits her that isn't. The same goes for if he mentally abuses her for years over cheating he did not decide to leave her for. Mind i'm not saying he did, I'm merely saying that if Heards legal team manages to make that claim then I suspect that to be fair in the eye of the law. On a personal note I'm very much in your boat right now, I'm just not tied to the mast.

We might differ on this based on where we grew up as cultures have different ages for when we see others as adults.
So both cases are being played out at the same time. The Jury will return verdicts on both the claim & counterclaim at the same time. With regards to his relationship when he was 20 I thought he was just accused of being extremely jealous rather than abusive? I also think the male brain supposedly develops slower than females & isn't fully developed until about 25 but I'm not 100% sure without looking into it.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout

I think that's what people tend to do when they judge for themselves. I for example believe Heard is the aggressor based on the evidence shown. I think Depp is the closest to a victim in that relationship based on the information I've come across so far*.
But the legal case itself isn't about who was worse, who was the aggressor etc. It's only about whether or not Amber Heards article was defamatory to Johnny Depp. So there are 2 debates to be had, one for our own judgement and one for the laws. The trial in a sense is mostly a tool to have a very public debate from what I can gather.

* Edit note: This comes across as if I believe that there are no victims.This is not the case, I'm merely trying to leave open that there can be a lot of information I've missed and that my mind isn't set in stone, and that I believe there is a possibility for both of them to be victims of each other. Just woke up and I'm generally a scrambled mess in my head at the best of times.

Last edited:

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
So both cases are being played out at the same time. The Jury will return verdicts on both the claim & counterclaim at the same time. With regards to his relationship when he was 20 I thought he was just accused of being extremely jealous rather than abusive? I also think the male brain supposedly develops slower than females & isn't fully developed until about 25 but I'm not 100% sure without looking into it.
Yes our brains are only fully developed around age 25. At least that's what I've grown up learning.
But we're not utterly useless before 25, we're just not fully developed. That's why I don't mind judging the actions of a 20 year old, although I don't remove the possibility of the person evolving far above old transgressions.

He was as far as I know not talked about as abusive in the past, but it is then possible to corroborate that he has a history of extreme jealousy issues, it's then up to Amber Heards frankly horrible legal team to make the case that he has evolved from being a uncomfortably jealous partner to an abusive one. If that's they way they want to take their case then that's their prerogative.

MichaelRed

Yes our brains are only fully developed around age 25. At least that's what I've grown up learning.
But we're not utterly useless before 25, we're just not fully developed. That's why I don't mind judging the actions of a 20 year old, although I don't remove the possibility of the person evolving far above old transgressions.

He was as far as I know not talked about as abusive in the past, but it is then possible to corroborate that he has a history of extreme jealousy issues, it's then up to Amber Heards frankly horrible legal team to make the case that he has evolved from being a uncomfortably jealous partner to an abusive one. If that's they way they want to take their case then that's their prerogative.
I think a lot of people are being harsh with her legal team. I doubt anyone would have a good time defending her given the evidence. She also has clearly forgotten on occasion what version of events she has told her own legal team because there were 2 or 3 times where Elaine was startled by her answers on direct examination & she very quickly changed subject when she realised Amber gave an answer she wasn't expecting. I think her team was doing quite well up until Amber got on the stand.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I think a lot of people are being harsh with her legal team. I doubt anyone would have a good time defending her given the evidence. She also has clearly forgotten on occasion what version of events she has told her own legal team because there were 2 or 3 times where Elaine was startled by her answers on direct examination & she very quickly changed subject when she realised Amber gave an answer she wasn't expecting. I think her team was doing quite well up until Amber got on the stand.
Might be harsh, I just find their demeanor and vocal presentations extremely dislikeable, to the point where I'd rather watch highlights to get their points rather than the whole thing when they talk because it's tiresome to listen to. So me saying I find them horrible is more on that than the quality of what they present. I don't know nearly enough about law to judge on that. Although based on how many times they got called over to the judge and how they withheld meta data I'd say they aren't doing great on that either.

MichaelRed

Might be harsh, I just find their demeanor and vocal presentations extremely dislikeable, to the point where I'd rather watch highlights to get their points rather than the whole thing when they talk because it's tiresome to listen to. So me saying I find them horrible is more on that than the quality of what they present. I don't know nearly enough about law to judge on that. Although based on how many times they got called over to the judge and how they withheld meta data I'd say they aren't doing great on that either.
Oh I'd say 90% of people agree with you on that. They are local Fairfax lawyers though so maybe they find that approach works with their local juries? They do get in a little bit of trouble with the objections but they're trying their damndest to keep evidence out of this case & win it on emotion. Same thing with the metadata, it was either hide it or expose their own evidence. Idk what the hiring process is like, you do wonder if they could have pulled out but I'm not sure on the rules on that.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Can anyone provide an explanation for the fact Heards team haven't provided the metadata for the abuse pics?

I'm not an expert but I would have thought the only reason that they wouldn't is because it doesn't support her version of events?

Isn't that an enormous red flag?

Genuinely asking here because maybe I'm unfairly judging that point.

CraftySoAndSo

Can anyone provide an explanation for the fact Heards team haven't provided the metadata for the abuse pics?

I'm not an expert but I would have thought the only reason that they wouldn't is because it doesn't support her version of events?

That was my first impression as well, you'd have no problem handing it over if there's nothing to hide. Speculation of course as there could be a reason we don't know but it's hard to trust anything she says if she's not willing to provide evidence to prove what she's saying.

MichaelRed

They were supposed to have provided everything by late November 2021 I believe but they still hadn't handed over everything for forensic analysis by March 22nd, 2 weeks before the trial was due to start. Furthermore, the images they did send had been tampered with as their EXIF data suggested the pictures of Amber Heard were taken in the 1970s & 1980s, before Amber was even born.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
That was my first impression as well, you'd have no problem handing it over if there's nothing to hide. Speculation of course as there could be a reason we don't know but it's hard to trust anything she says if she's not willing to provide evidence to prove what she's saying.
Yeah that's how I see it but I'm fairly ignorant :lol:

They were supposed to have provided everything by late November 2021 I believe but they still hadn't handed over everything for forensic analysis by March 22nd, 2 weeks before the trial was due to start. Furthermore, the images they did send had been tampered with as their EXIF data suggested the pictures of Amber Heard were taken in the 1970s & 1980s, before Amber was even born.
Thanks , I think this is an important point to note when discussing evidence of abusive behaviour by Depp.

It's a bizarre thing to ignore (unless their are circumstances that I don't understand) when using those images as a stick to beat Depp with.