Amber Heard vs Johnny Depp | Depp wins on all 3 counts

fallengt

Even AH' expert had brought it up before:

Hashtag #JusticeforJohnnyDepp peaked during December 2020 - March 2021, 2 months after Johnny Depp lost UK trial, 1 month after AH public Op-ed on Washington Post and few months after voice tape leak. The voice tape was what changed public opinion IMO.

It clearly shows majority of people had been already on JD side long before US trial started and here Champio asks the question why does JD get overwhelming support out of nowhere when it's not the case here. BBC called Deppo supporters "right wing, anti-femism, white supremacist", I don't even need to click their article to see what's their agenda this time.
Ask stupid questions get stupid answers.

Last edited:

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
No, you don't understand my point. It's not a "viewpoint" he's twisting a poor article to suggest it factually suits his narrative. And if you are going to multi-quote, why have you missed out the initial responses before he started doubling down? That's doing something similar, no? The point being he was constructively responded to initially and rightly so.

You also missed this: obviously without the unnecessary attacks it descended to which is talking about after he dug deeper, though are still unnecessary.
Let's get one thing straight here, as this is the reason why it's descended into absolute toxicity.

I have no agenda, zero narrative, absolutely no reason to want to side with either Heardio nor Deppo, they are both as culpable as each other as far as I am concerned.

The point, and reason, for me posting that article, which I don't think is poor, is that I stated earlier in the thread that both on here, online and outside of the courthouse (the phrase used was the court of public opinion) Deppo is winning, and has a lot more support even before the trial started.
This article has proven that, by saying exactly that.

The whole bot argument is a different entity and one which I didn't even mention in my original post, not once did I mention bots on it.

I did not mean to trigger anyone or bring out the sensitive souls that seem to be lurking in this thread, just thought it was an interesting article which seemed to prove a point I made earlier in the thread.

No agendas, no narrative, no side at all.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Let's get one thing straight here, as this is the reason why it's descended into absolute toxicity.

I have no agenda, zero narrative, absolutely no reason to want to side with either Heardio nor Deppo, they are both as culpable as each other as far as I am concerned.

The point, and reason, for me posting that article, which I don't think is poor, is that I stated earlier in the thread that both on here, online and outside of the courthouse (the phrase used was the court of public opinion) Deppo is winning, and has a lot more support even before the trial started.
This article has proven that, by saying exactly that.

The whole bot argument is a different entity and one which I didn't even mention in my original post, not once did I mention bots on it.

I did not mean to trigger anyone or bring out the sensitive souls that seem to be lurking in this thread, just thought it was an interesting article which seemed to prove a point I made earlier in the thread.

No agendas, no narrative, no side at all.
Can you explain exactly the part that has proven that?.

(btw he clearly has more support, I agree with that. Obviously not as much as you seem to think it outweighs (and certainly I don't have the same tendency to ignore the outburst Depp initially got too), but I do concur it's more and obviously to me a lot of it is for incredibly shitty reasons too)

Champ

Can you explain exactly the part that has proven that?.

(btw he clearly has more support, I agree with that. Obviously not as much as you seem to think it outweighs (and certainly I don't have the same tendency to ignore the outburst Depp initially got too), but I do concur it's more and obviously to me a lot of it is for incredibly shitty reasons too)
And from its early days, it was clear the overwhelming weight of online traffic was siding with Johnny Depp and deeply suspicious of Amber Heard.

The above is from the article, along with the 18billion pro Deppo hashtags/videos etc which far outstrip anything pro Heardio (see below for more from the same company)

Some other stats for you:
On TikTok, the #justiceforjohnnydepp tag has more than 6.8 billion views, while the #IStandWithAmberHeard tag has just 2.4 million views.

On Twitter, some pro-Depp posts have received more likes than Heard’s entire 207,900 following

I find celebrity culture fascinating too, the fact that people are willing to side with one or the other just because they played a character in a movie, or because they just don't like the other person despite the wrongs from both sides, is alarming, and a damning statement on society today.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Look ill argue against anyone I think is making an illogical, irrelevant or frankly stupid point. Posters calling out nonsense is nothing more than that.
And you absolutely should do that. And I do too. My point was about how needlessly things shifted from attacking the post to attacking the poster, which is what happened here.

Smores

Nothing says 'I have no agenda' than repeatedly talking the same nonsense even when challenged on it.

Champ

Nothing says 'I have no agenda' than repeatedly talking the same nonsense even when challenged on it.
Explain what my agenda is then please?

As I would really love to know myself! :lol:

Redlambs

And from its early days, it was clear the overwhelming weight of online traffic was siding with Johnny Depp and deeply suspicious of Amber Heard.

The above is from the article, along with the 18billion pro Deppo hashtags/videos etc which far outstrip anything pro Heardio (see below for more from the same company)

Some other stats for you:
On TikTok, the #justiceforjohnnydepp tag has more than 6.8 billion views, while the #IStandWithAmberHeard tag has just 2.4 million views.

On Twitter, some pro-Depp posts have received more likes than Heard’s entire 207,900 following

But where's the proof that any of that means it's overwhelmingly Depp's favour? Do you think, like the author seems to, that hastags work in that way, that every use of a tag or click on a video is from one viewpoint alone?

Just because an article is posted on a website, that doesn't count as proof. There's no way those figures are actually telling anything in isolation, you need a lot more parts to paint the picture.

I find celebrity culture fascinating too, the fact that people are willing to side with one or the other just because they played a character in a movie, or because they just don't like the other person despite the wrongs from both sides, is alarming, and a damning statement on society today.
I agree. Though are you claiming anyone in here is doing that? Would be interesting to see who.

(Again not that I'm saying you would be wrong, but like the "proof" above, it's meaningless without more info).

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak
Guys, come on, you know the rule, attack the post, not the poster. Calling someone stupid, moronic, telling them to feck/sod off is not on. It's fine to disagree, but it's not fine to insult.

If in doubt, always revert to the age old "this post is idiot"

Smores

Explain what my agenda is then please?

As I would really love to know myself! :lol:
Your agenda has been obvious throughout this thread. Just because you say both are guilty of acts doesn't mean it's not observable when you then defend one and attack the other constantly. People aren't that daft.

If you were without agenda you wouldn't be going down these ridiculous digging escapades all the time. You did it with the UK court case too where you spent ages refusing to recognise that he wasn't charged and found guilty of domestic abuse at all.

Champ

But where's the proof that any of that means it's overwhelmingly Depp's favour? Do you think, like the author seems to, that hastags work in that way, that every use of a tag or click on a video is from one viewpoint alone?

Just because an article is posted on a website, that doesn't count as proof. There's no way those figures are actually telling anything in isolation, you need a lot more parts to paint the picture.

I agree. Though are you claiming anyone in here is doing that? Would be interesting to see who.

(Again not that I'm saying you would be wrong, but like the "proof" above, it's meaningless without more info).
Well the more pro Deppo hashtags there are, the more followers and traction it will get,
You may see the odd occasion whereby Pro Deppo hashtags are being used for articles or for cross purposes of course, but 18billion views of the hashtag Justice for Johnny Depp on Tiktok is frankly insane, and I'd imagine that use of a hashtag isn't being used for cross purposes.

Also, the other info I have given shows that Deppo is clearly winning the court of public opinion online.

I am not going to cast aspersions on people on here, everyone is entitled to think what they want and how they want, but it's clear to me that there is a very obvious pro Deppo current running through this thread, and any possible sign that someone doesn't fall into the same category they will get jumped upon.
I can understand why that is, but also cannot understand how some on here don't realise it isn't just Deppo Vs Heardio, some people don't have a 'side', some people are willing to look at the bigger picture surrounding this trial.

Champ

Your agenda has been obvious throughout this thread. Just because you say both are guilty of acts doesn't mean it's not observable when you then defend one and attack the other constantly. People aren't that daft.

If you were without agenda you wouldn't be going down these ridiculous digging escapades all the time. You did it with the UK court case too where you spent ages refusing to recognise that he wasn't charged and found guilty of domestic abuse at all.
I don't think I've attacked one side, I have asked the question repeatedly why people feel the need to stick up for Deppo after he was in essence found to have abused Heardio after the UK trial (the judge found the allegations substantially true).

Why do I need an agenda? What impact on my daily life will this trial have on me?
Will I be upset if Heardio loses? No, what will I feel like if she wins? Probably the same as I do now.

I have no need for an agenda, and just because I don't fall in line with some on here, doesn't mean I have one, nor am I digging, merely just looking at the bigger picture and very possibly not siding with anyone.

Redlambs

Well the more pro Deppo hashtags there are, the more followers and traction it will get,
You may see the odd occasion whereby Pro Deppo hashtags are being used for articles or for cross purposes of course, but 18billion views of the hashtag Justice for Johnny Depp on Tiktok is frankly insane, and I'd imagine that use of a hashtag isn't being used for cross purposes.

Also, the other info I have given shows that Deppo is clearly winning the court of public opinion online.
But they ARE used for exactly that. Trump is a prime example of the exact opposite occurring.

That's not proof of anything, it could be 3trillion hashtags and views and still would be meaningless in isolation. That's the point, that's why nothing in that article is proof. Never mind the rest of the nonsense in it about race and being silenced, and the very last line is laughable.

Again I do agree with you, to a degree. But you are wrong, that article doesn't have a single thing it it that's proof of anything other than how insane people are when it comes to celebrities.

I am not going to cast aspersions on people on here, everyone is entitled to think what they want and how they want, but it's clear to me that there is a very obvious pro Deppo current running through this thread, and any possible sign that someone doesn't fall into the same category they will get jumped upon.
I can understand why that is, but also cannot understand how some on here don't realise it isn't just Deppo Vs Heardio, some people don't have a 'side', some people are willing to look at the bigger picture surrounding this trial.
I'd say we are all as bad as each other :lol:

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
I don't think I've attacked one side, I have asked the question repeatedly why people feel the need to stick up for Deppo after he was in essence found to have abused Heardio after the UK trial (the judge found the allegations substantially true).

Why do I need an agenda? What impact on my daily life will this trial have on me?
Will I be upset if Heardio loses? No, what will I feel like if she wins? Probably the same as I do now.

I have no need for an agenda, and just because I don't fall in line with some on here, doesn't mean I have one, nor am I digging, merely just looking at the bigger picture and very possibly not siding with anyone.
Just out of interest, how much money do you want, to stop using those nicknames?

Champ

But they ARE used for exactly that. Trump is a prime example of the exact opposite occurring.

That's not proof of anything, it could be 3trillion hashtags and views and still would be meaningless in isolation. That's the point, that's why nothing in that article is proof. Never mind the rest of the nonsense in it about race and being silenced, and the very last line is laughable.

Again I do agree with you, to a degree. But you are wrong, that article doesn't have a single thing it it that's proof of anything other than how insane people are when it comes to celebrities.

I'd say we are all as bad as each other :lol:
IStandWithAmberHeard tag has just 2.4 million views. On Twitter, some pro-Deppo posts have received more likes than Heardio’s entire 207,900 following

That's pretty damning in itself.

The top fan page for Deppo received more than 18,000 shares for content containing the hashtag #JusticeForJohnnyDepp and spread to more than 502 million profiles
Heardios got 138 share in comparison.

There's definitely proof to show that Deppo has won the online war,

I do get your point though, and shy of trawling through billions of hastags I guess we will never have definitive proof that all the hashtag uses are pro Deppo, but we do have proof that the use of the Pro Deppo hashtags are being used for Pro Deppo purposes.

But you know what, I appreciate your input, and yes ,I guess I am just as bad :lol:

Redlambs

but we do have proof that the use of the Pro Deppo hashtags are being used for Pro Deppo purposes.
No, people use them also to argue. That's how it works, if something is trending you are against you use that hashtag so they see the rebuttal.

But yes, of course more will be on Depp's side, but as I keep saying and you now see, there's no firm proof of the percentage based on a single figure alone.

But you know what, I appreciate your input, and yes ,I guess I am just as bad :lol:
:lol:

The sad sacks popping up in here from time to time to moan about us lot going round in circles really are missing out on this great distraction from the football ;)

Moby

Dick
Yeah, he's basically won because he'll start to get acting gigs again while everyone steers clear of Amber Heard.
Let's see. It's not like he's come out clean from this and given the cancel culture right now most major studios will likely just take caution and stay away. This whole public support is only with him as long as there's no direct damning evidence to incriminate him. Given his history and what all we've seen and heard in the trial it's far from impossible that something that hasn't surfaced so far does and leaves nothing to interpretation. Studios might get greedy in trying to make a quick back due to the current public support but will also run the risk of him being a PR disaster in future.

But then I don't know if big studios are afraid of cancel culture. Individual celebrities get cancelled but it's tough to see a whole studio getting cancelled. Even if someone really damning comes out they can just cut their ties at that point and just keep making movies that people will still watch. Depends on what their appetite for testing public opinion is.

Moby

Dick
The sad sacks popping up in here from time to time to moan about us lot going round in circles really are missing out on this great distraction from the football
Talk about yourself mate. I've been going around the CAF asking what's the filthiest oral sex they've had to give. I'm sorted!

Rooney1987

Let's see. It's not like he's come out clean from this and given the cancel culture right now most major studios will likely just take caution and stay away. This whole public support is only with him as long as there's no direct damning evidence to incriminate him. Given his history and what all we've seen and heard in the trial it's far from impossible that something that hasn't surfaced so far does and leaves nothing to interpretation. Studios might get greedy in trying to make a quick back due to the current public support but will also run the risk of him being a PR disaster in future.

But then I don't know if big studios are afraid of cancel culture. Individual celebrities get cancelled but it's tough to see a whole studio getting cancelled. Even if someone really damning comes out they can just cut their ties at that point and just keep making movies that people will still watch. Depends on what their appetite for testing public opinion is.
Will be interesting, I do think a studio will try something but it won't be Disney for sure. Right now he has public support but in a year will it still be a thing, I don't think it will. Even celeb news cycle moves pretty quick. He'll probably be back to 2007 to 2018 long list on bombs.

Moby

Dick
Will be interesting, I do think a studio will try something but it won't be Disney for sure. Right now he has public support but in a year will it still be a thing, I don't think it will. Even celeb news cycle moves pretty quick. He'll probably be back to 2007 to 2018 long list on bombs.
Yeah I think so too. But then I have never been his fan and most of his stuff that I watched I thought was garbage and couldn't sit beyond the first part of pirates which was unwatchable.

I think he will have to go for some much more accessible roles that don't ask for a niche audience and probably will have a bit of roles that add this whole "justice" saga. Also the way he has looked in court I don't think he can really go back to a job right now. Looks like walking dead.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Anyone here still team Turd?
I’m not team heard but I’m horrified by the prospect that someone as famous as Depp could get away with a horrific sexual assault due to his money and fame, and a lack of proof (most sexual assault cases don’t have any third party witnesses). I’m not saying that he’s done the things he’s been accused of, but just the chance that he has, and gets away with it is too horrible to consider. But on the other hand, it’s equally horrifying that an innocent man is accused of rape and is found to have done it. Both those scenarios are horrible. Both are likely unprovable.