Amber Heard vs Johnny Depp | Depp wins on all 3 counts

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Honestly I hope this isn't a juror, because there's nothing in there that I couldn't have written myself pretending to be a juror so I'm not convinced - but also the answers written show juries are a joke and a waste of time. Also he's 'anonymous' but any juror is going to recognise his voice which seems pretty pointless. 'Seemed off' 'I trusted my gut' 'when she said that I thought if she lied about this she lied about everything' not exactly the high judicial standard we're asked to put our faith in.
I think you got mixed up abit on the Q&A with what he said there. "a moment she lied about this she lied about everything" is actually a question being asked but not what he has said, to which he replied "pledge/donation to charity".

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Let's just relax a little...proceeds to be a condescending prick.
I know you're respected around here, but a staff member ignoring the rules and attacking a poster and not the post isn't a great look.

The "prick" part was tad unnecessary really, and I don't often call this out or even report it, emotions are running high in here (I've been called a pillock :yawn:) but a staff member should be held to a higher standard.

MichaelRed

I know you're respected around here, but a staff member ignoring the rules and attacking a poster and not the post isn't a great look.

The "prick" part was tad unnecessary really, and I don't often call this out or even report it, emotions are running high in here (I've been called a pillock :yawn:) but a staff member should be held to a higher standard.
Good luck with that. This staff member accused me of masturbating whilst fantasizing about beating up Amber Heard.

fallengt

This is coming from one of the jury after the verdicts, quite interesting to listen, from someone who isn't a fan of both and didn't come across anything from social media until the verdict, but only make the judgement after 100 hours of unedited debating.

fecking stupid. If this is real, they can call it jury misconduct and appeal.
Hope he's a fraud

Don't promote this video or similar contents. It's exactly what AH legal team want.

Last edited:

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Good luck with that. This staff member accused me of masturbating whilst fantasizing about beating up Amber Heard.
:lol: I got banned for about a year once for creating a thread the day I got promoted joking about the struggle of my fellow newbie (hence my tagline) - and an admin basically said something that it was either me or him, and I said me, so he got promoted and I got banned! Think they just forgot to unban me but still a bit ridiculous.

Haven't really been that bothered about getting into too much conversation or get to know posters on here since because you can get banned for some stupid stuff - so I'm not going to say anything else just in case...:lol:

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff

I think if you're saying 'I wouldn't expect such naivety from a grown up' when trying to make a debatable point then 99.9% of people would think you're being a prick.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I think if you're saying 'I wouldn't expect such naivety from a grown up' when trying to make a debatable point then 99.9% of people would think you're being a prick.
That's besides the point really, you still shouldn't be calling a poster a prick, even if the poster was actually being a prick or not because the rules of the website state that you should attack the post and not the poster.

Not trying to argue with you really, just pointing out the obvious?

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
That's besides the point really, you still shouldn't be calling a poster a prick, even if the poster was actually being a prick or not because the rules of the website state that you should attack the post and not the poster.

Not trying to argue with you really, just pointing out the obvious?
There's certainly plenty in the post to attack when he's labelling Amber Heard 'a piece of trash' in between patronising others.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
I think you got mixed up abit on the Q&A with what he said there. "a moment she lied about this she lied about everything" is actually a question being asked but not what he has said, to which he replied "pledge/donation to charity".
The answer should have been 'never, because that'd be a dumb way to evaluate guilt.' I wouldn't want to think that jurors hear one lie and decide that it's therefore likely they lied about everything.

Last edited:

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
There's certainly plenty in the post to attack when he's labelling Amber Heard 'a piece of trash' in between patronising others.
So we agree then, attacking the post is perfectly fine, calling him a prick is not?

youngrell

The answer should have been 'never, because that'd be a dumb way to evaluate guilt.' I wouldn't want to think that jurors hear one lie and decide that it's therefore likely they lied about everything.
If you were on the fence about a few things which could’ve been lies, then it’s easy to see how a big one like that can sway your opinion to believing most of it was lies.

youngrell

For an average layperson with no stake in it, sure. For somebody being trusted to make an impartial decision? Not so much.
Are they professional jury members in this trial or something? The whole point of a jury is to be judged by a cross section of society, isn’t it?

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Well, dunno, but it sounds like commonly applied human thinking there. Not saying, it should be that way, but rather that many people are prone to that kind of logic - especially in the US, me thinks.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
The whole point of a jury is to be impartial and decide on the facts, not to announce they make decision based on their gut.
I suppose you didn't follow the trial at all? There is no such thing as "fact" that they could base on from Amber side, except her testimony. Hence it is important for her to demonstrate how convincing her side of story was, in order to win over the jury, which she completely fails.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
:lol: I got banned for about a year once for creating a thread the day I got promoted joking about the struggle of my fellow newbie (hence my tagline) - and an admin basically said something that it was either me or him, and I said me, so he got promoted and I got banned! Think they just forgot to unban me but still a bit ridiculous.

Haven't really been that bothered about getting into too much conversation or get to know posters on here since because you can get banned for some stupid stuff - so I'm not going to say anything else just in case...:lol:
99% of my posts are stupid stuff, so it's not THAT hard to stay afloat.

youngrell

The whole point of a jury is to be impartial and decide on the facts, not to announce they make decision based on their gut.
I think you’re taking that answer too literally, he was answering quick questions on the internet, I doubt he wanted to lay out his whole thought process on the verdict.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
99% of my posts are stupid stuff, so it's not THAT hard to stay afloat.
I'd rather act in accordance to my experience rather someone else's, but I appreciate not everyone's experience will be the same as my own.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
I suppose you didn't follow the trial at all? There is no such thing as "fact" that they could base on from Amber side, except her testimony. Hence it is important for her to demonstrate how convincing her side of story was, in order to win over the jury, which she completely fails.
I watched almost all of it. A jurors job in that instance is to believe she was lying about that, and assess anything else she said on its own merits. It's not a strange notion.

NotThatSoph

I'd rather act in accordance to my experience rather someone else's, but I appreciate not everyone's experience will be the same as my own.
You have 6000 posts here, and you've been around for 13 years. You know, according to your experience, that the 'attack the post not the poster' is a general rule meant to not let the forum overflow with insults, rather than a strict rule forbidding all insults. If you've ever set foot in the General part of the forum, which you clearly have, then you have experienced tons of people getting called cnuts. It doesn't necessarily break the rules. Calling someone a prick when they're acting like a prick is so absurdly mild that this line you're taking is super weird. I've heard way worse in church.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
You have 6000 posts here, and you've been around for 13 years. You know, according to your experience, that the 'attack the post not the poster' is a general rule meant to not let the forum overflow with insults, rather than a strict rule forbidding all insults. If you've ever set foot in the General part of the forum, which you clearly have, then you have experienced tons of people getting called cnuts. It doesn't necessarily break the rules. Calling someone a prick when they're acting like a prick is so absurdly mild that this line you're taking is super weird. I've heard way worse in church.
Oh now its a general rule? Sorry I must have not got the memo, not sure why you're leaping to the defence of someone when I politely said that someone who is a staff of this forum shouldn't be breaking rules - wasn't arsey, just simply pointed that out.

And I don't really care if you've heard worse in church, we're not in church are we? We're on a forum that has a rule of not attacking the poster, and I've never seen a poster call another a cnut in anger, whereas calling someone a prick when you're having a debate shouldn't be allowed fullstop, staff or not.

My line of suggesting someone who is a staff member of this forum follow the rules of this forum isn't being weird.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I watched almost all of it. A jurors job in that instance is to believe she was lying about that, and assess anything else she said on its own merits. It's not a strange notion.
I mean, they did assess everything she's said in those 100 hours of debate, didn't they? Ultimately they all have to rely on her testimony, and trust what she said is honest/true, as there is no other evidence/witness that could back her up. But then she blatantly lie and got caught several times, under oath, during her testimony, and throughout the trial. What are the jury suppose to do? Trust her in everything else she said regardless? Its just, impossible, for any human being to trust the words of serial liar who would blatantly lie on everything and never took any responsibility on anything she has ever said/done.

Last edited:

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I don't think it's weird but I'm relatively new here.
Well as was pointed put to me I've been here for years woth a little over 6000 posts (just over 1 post a day) seems I should have compiled a list of unwritten rules.

NotThatSoph

Oh now its a general rule? Sorry I must have not got the memo, not sure why you're leaping to the defence of someone when I politely said that someone who is a staff of this forum shouldn't be breaking rules - wasn't arsey, just simply pointed that out.

And I don't really care if you've heard worse in church, we're not in church are we? We're on a forum that has a rule of not attacking the poster, and I've never seen a poster call another a cnut in anger, whereas calling someone a prick when you're having a debate shouldn't be allowed fullstop, staff or not.

My line of suggesting someone who is a staff member of this forum follow the rules of this forum isn't being weird.
Yes, it is a general rule. You know this if you've ever read anything here. I don't know why you expect people do send you memos, usually when entering communities you have to figure out the culture and norms on your own.

Where I am right now it's illegal to drink in public. Yet, in several parks people drink alcohol. The police won't do anything, and if they're not on the clock they might drink a few beers there as well. If you went around to people in the park saying that they shouldn't drink because it's illegal then you'd be acting weird. Likewise, on forums and every other place, including church, not every rule is followed to the letter and they aren't supposed to be. No public drinking is a general rule because we don't want people walking around the city center with drinks, or people being drunk everywhere, it was never the goal to even attempt to stamp out all public consumption. 'Attack the post not the poster' is a general rule to clean up a bit, not to clamp down on every instance of a prick being called a prick.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Well as was pointed put to me I've been here for years woth a little over 6000 posts (just over 1 post a day) seems I should have compiled a list of unwritten rules.
I remember the post that called you a "Pillock" but that's mainly due to the fact that he felt there was a lack of moderation on the thread and I felt it was a little absurd to complain about a lack of moderation and then insult the poster rather than the post.

Wing Attack Plan R

Thought the $10mil awarded as damages was to compensate for the loss suffered by Depp due to the unfounded allegations. There sure was testimony lead by both sides to argue how the allegations/wrongful statements affected them and resulted in loss of revenue for them.
$10 million minus the $2 million is basically his divorce settlement back $1 million. I think Depp would have been happy with $0 and still winning all 3 counts.

Withnail

I think it's a bit like defamation. If it's true, on balance, then you're probably ok. Also mild insults tend not to cause warnings from what I've seen. Nobody's really getting a warning for a term like 'pillock' but you can also say 'your post is a cnut/twat' so there are grey areas as always. Personally, I'm not going round calling people names where I can help it, unless I'm joking.

Wing Attack Plan R

According to Bredehoft the medical evidence was suppressed. Heard reported all incidents of violence to her therapist, but wasn't allowed to prove that in court.

I don't know about you guys, but when I get beaten senseless, have my face split open, my nose broken and my vagina ravaged by a bottle, I prefer to get it checked out by psychologists exclusively.
Especially if the psychologists are as ace as her lawyers. Discount shopping.

cyberman

According to Bredehoft the medical evidence was suppressed. Heard reported all incidents of violence to her therapist, but wasn't allowed to prove that in court.

I don't know about you guys, but when I get beaten senseless, have my face split open, my nose broken and my vagina ravaged by a bottle, I prefer to get it checked out by psychologists exclusively.
There was too much of this. Alluding to evidence not allowed in court to retconning previous testimony to flat out pretending not to know who people are who were testifying against her. It’s insane how thin her case was.

R'hllor

Dunno why people are so wrapped in this, Depp is a cnut, Amber is a demon cnut that lies left right center, she even cant track her own bullshit and lies, so feck her.

Red Stone

Dunno why people are so wrapped in this, Depp is a cnut, Amber is a demon cnut that lies left right center, she even cant track her own bullshit and lies, so feck her.
It sure seems like some of her stans are trying.