American Cops Doing What They Do Best

Nobby style

Tooting Colombia to Tooting Bec and back again
Correct me if I´m wrong, but I believe it was only two Facebook idiots and a handful of twitter ones. Not that that justifies it at all.

Butt yeah, count me in as one that´s glad the psycho has been caught and taken off the streets.

And not to single out skizzo, but all justifiably aggrieved police officers in this case would be well served to read Fox Nation and right wing sites comments, and some police forums' banter in reaction to the South Carolina church slaughter (and other racial incidents). I think they would be quite taken back by the cruelty.

Last edited:

Skizzo

Correct me if I´m wrong, but I believe it was only two Facebook idiots and a handful of twitter ones. Not that that justifies it at all.
As far as I know, yeah, it was only a small number. I did check the page of the friend that was tagged on his Facebook post though. Curiosity got the better of me. Really gives you an insight into the basic mindset that some youths have.

Df wrong wit sum fb mfs stay off my page nd dont like my pics nomo feckin gay ass niggz
For one example. That's not including the ones about treating girls badly because they're all "hoes".

Butt yeah, count me in as one that´s glad the psycho has been caught and taken off the streets.

And not to single out skizzo, but all justifiably aggrieved police officers in this case would be well served to read Fox Nation and right wing sites comments, and some police forums' banter in reaction to the South Carolina church slaughter (and other racial incidents). I think they would be quite taken back by the cruelty.
As for that, unfortunately a lot of times the comments are just as insensitive and stupid than the ones towards officers. I cringe at some of the comments I see made on some articles along the lines of "one less thug" and "problem taking care of itself" kind of thing, where people seem to just celebrate (or blatantly ignore...not sure which is worse) the incidents involving black people.

Although it's sometimes hard to get a proper read on things from social media just because the ones with the most controversial views are usually the ones saying it the loudest, and gathering the support from all the other people that wouldn't dare say it outside their home. That's on both sides.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Why has it taken the Chicago police so long when this happened over a year ago, and the cop has supposedly been employed the whole time?

Neutral

BTV

Slight overkill...poor drugged up bastard.

A cop with a tazer was asked for by the 1st officer on the scene. Not sure why the second cop within seconds of arriving felt he had go gung ho. He was armed with a knife - and was clearly not cooperating, but the police weren't in immediate danger.

Not to mention the number of shots after he fell down...murder seems about right.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Heard more about this: one of the cops at the scene went to a nearby Burger King and was seen on film (allegedly) erasing their CCTV footage.

13 months the CPD have been stalling on this one. Honest and transparent they are not. Tbh with the way they seem to try to cover their tracks I wouldn't put much trust in them.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
If i might take a different spin on this thread for just a moment...

Before Garrett Swasey became a police officer at the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs campus, he was a junior national couples ice dancing champion in 1992.

Swasey has been identified as one of three people shot to death Friday at the Colorado Springs' Planned Parenthood building.

Swasey was on duty at the campus and responded in support of Colorado Springs police at around 11:50 a.m., according to a news release.

"He was killed in the line of duty," a news release says.

Swasey was married to Rachel Swasey, and the couple had two children, said Jared Verner, a spokesman for CU.

"He was a national champion in couples ice skating," Verner said.

Swasey won the junior national championship in Orlando, Fla., in 1992, with partner Christine Fowler of Baltimore.

Fowler and Swasey, in third after the compulsory phase of the competition, took the title by winning the original and free dance programs, according to a Baltimore Sun article.

Three years later, Swasey and ice dancing partner Hillary Tompkins competed in the 1995 U.S. Figure Skating Championships in Providence, R.I.

The Denver-based ice dancing couple placed 13th at the championships and later performed on Musical on Ice shows at the Forum in Presque Isle, Maine.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2...planned-parenthood-shooting-had-been-champion

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Why has it taken the Chicago police so long when this happened over a year ago, and the cop has supposedly been employed the whole time?
Supposedly so that the mayor wouldn't lose the black vote and consequently the election. I wonder if he'll be prosecuted for obstruction of justice. Hmmm.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Someone who shoots someone 16 times have to have a problem and shouldn't have a gun, prison with him.
Agreed. But that is a minor part of the problem here. How many times do we hear "the majority of police are great"? How come none of these great policemen pushed for this rogue officer to be prosecuted? How come good policemen aided in the cover-up of the shooting?

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
I guess this cop was trying to impress the unauthorized ride-along people he had with him while he was on the job.

Cellphone videos are really starting to divide America. Maybe they are the problem.

When trailer park trash is put in a position of power. Putting a gun up to someones head,asking them to make a slight feint JUST so you can fulfill your lust to kill.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
http://www.npr.org/2015/12/08/45892...investigation-advocates-ask-what-took-so-long

The day he was tortured is one that Darrell Cannon says will live with him until he takes his last breath: Nov. 2, 1983, and the torture came at the hands of three Chicago police detectives. They suspected Cannon in a murder, so they took him to an isolated area on Chicago's South Side and played Russian roulette.

"They took a shotgun while my hands was cuffed behind my back, and while I was standing out there, one of the detectives told me and I quote, 'N*****, look around. Nobody's gonna see or hear anything we do to you today,' " Cannon says.

Cannon says one detective put the barrel of the gun in his mouth, and he heard three clicks of the trigger. The last, he says, made his hair stand on end. Cannon says the detectives later made him lie in the back of a police car.

"They pulled my pants and shorts down, they took an electric cattle prod," he told a Chicago City Council committee earlier this year. He needed a minute to collect himself and continued. "He took electric cattle prod and he turned it on and he stuck me on my genitals with that cattle prod. I had never in my life experienced that kind of pain."

Skizzo

Hard to stick with the "accidental" angle when everything he seems to have done at the scene appears to him trying to avoid admitting what happened.

There's a video somewhere of an officer at a collision scene in tears because he stopped the driver earlier and let them go, then they were involved in a collision, and were drunk. That's remorse. A mistake. This is an officer who seemed to remain calm and try to cover up what he could until he absolutely had to admit to what happened.

Besides, the driver should live a long life so he can think about what he inflicted on his wife. Cnut.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
http://www.npr.org/2015/12/08/45892...investigation-advocates-ask-what-took-so-long

The day he was tortured is one that Darrell Cannon says will live with him until he takes his last breath: Nov. 2, 1983, and the torture came at the hands of three Chicago police detectives. They suspected Cannon in a murder, so they took him to an isolated area on Chicago's South Side and played Russian roulette.

"They took a shotgun while my hands was cuffed behind my back, and while I was standing out there, one of the detectives told me and I quote, 'N*****, look around. Nobody's gonna see or hear anything we do to you today,' " Cannon says.

Cannon says one detective put the barrel of the gun in his mouth, and he heard three clicks of the trigger. The last, he says, made his hair stand on end. Cannon says the detectives later made him lie in the back of a police car.

"They pulled my pants and shorts down, they took an electric cattle prod," he told a Chicago City Council committee earlier this year. He needed a minute to collect himself and continued. "He took electric cattle prod and he turned it on and he stuck me on my genitals with that cattle prod. I had never in my life experienced that kind of pain."
Horrible stuff but it's impossible to play Russian roulette with a police issue shotgun.

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool

Last year, two Los Angeles County Sheriff Deputies stopped a man for wearing headphones while biking, and when he attempted to continue on his way, he was thrown to the ground and then shot and killed. Police quickly made a cover story and accused the victim, Noel Aguilar, of pulling a gun on the officers, and until now there has been no evidence to prove them wrong. However, video of the incident has recently surfaced showing how the murder actually took place.
Full article.

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
Fight the power.
Is not the states fault some towns have stupid people leading them, that law like in any state is not aiming to little kids, also if someone complains then they have to do something like in the schools if 1 atheist parent calls the district complaining about any religion event then they will cancel it even if 99% of the students are religious.... talking about democracy.

Skizzo

Is that based on the police' own numbers? Because as this thread had shown over and over, they're no afraid to lie about why they shot someone.
this thread has shown plenty of things. Good thing that the BLM people have been so upfront and honest about everything on their end :)

Yes there are still racist cops. Yes there are still misuses of force. It hasn't been fairly represented by the people yelling loudest though.

After a year of research, the data are in, and they confirm the conservative position: The police use force mainly to protect human life, the use of force against unarmed suspects is rare, and the use of force against black Americans is largely proportional to their share of the violent crime rate.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Is that based on the police' own numbers? Because as this thread had shown over and over, they're no afraid to lie about why they shot someone.

No, it's an independent investigation by Washington Post. The Guardian did a similar one and ended up with almost identical numbers.

Skizzo

Weirdly phrased sentence. Isn't 25% a strikingly high error rate? Especially given that this translates to ~250 people a year...
I thought so too, especially as they didn't follow up with what the other 25% was made up of. I wouldn't think it was just people stood unarmed, doing nothing. Could include different factors of fleeing suspects etc. not that those are justified, but hard to comment on without knowing exactly what they include in that other quarter.

naturalized

Supports
nufc
That's actually an amazing statement. Only one in four Americans fatally shot by law enforcement in 2015 did not actually pose a threat to officers or other citizens? Jeez, I actually thought it was maybe like one in a hundred or something. What other circumstances are there where it is legal to use deadly force? So 25% of lethal encounters with American law enforcement are unjustifiable?

I've read the WaPo article. It's nowhere near as close a validation of American law enforcement as the National Review seems to think it is.

I thought so too, especially as they didn't follow up with what the other 25% was made up of. I wouldn't think it was just people stood unarmed, doing nothing. Could include different factors of fleeing suspects etc. not that those are justified, but hard to comment on without knowing exactly what they include in that other quarter.
I'd guess some are exactly that, and some are gray areas where police could reasonably have seen a threat where none existed, like Tamir Rice, and then some are like the stories posted in this thread, i.e., murder.

Last edited: