g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Amrabat - Man United Player FINALLY - #4 confirmed

TsuWave

Another one? feck is wrong with this club
There’s nothing wrong with the club - at least in this aspect. The fanbase is large and gets worked up easily. Minor issues are detected in medicals fairly regularly - it’s seemingly now become a thing to report it for United because it’s too easy to outrage farm the United fanbase.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I think Casemiro and Amrabat would give us the best balance and platform. This would also allow us to play better football as we’d be more solid and can allow the front 4 to cause problems in attack. I remember under Ole our best football was with Fred and Mctominay playing together surprisingly.

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives
Now we have a system, players need time to be coached, understand and bed into it.

We’re not playing off vibes any more, can’t just buy someone and suggest they “go out and get stuck in”.

This is the way now, very few players will be thrown in immediately.

*’s new players would be an extreme example of this - Kalvin Phillips a VERY extreme example!

mav_9me

There’s nothing wrong with the club - at least in this aspect. The fanbase is large and gets worked up easily. Minor issues are detected in medicals fairly regularly - it’s seemingly now become a thing to report it for United because it’s too easy to outrage farm the United fanbase.
It might be because we/I play close attention to this stuff but feels like this is spot on. Negative or positive what does it matter, all they want is clicks.

I guess Barca and their financial stuff has been used similarly. So maybe not just united. Am sure Bayern/RM in a crisis would be subject to similar nonsense.

Baxquux

I feel with Amrabat - Rashford - Højlund we finally have a solid spine to build our team around.
I support the new 'signing players with spines' policy ETH has implemented; previous experiment with bringing in 'spineless' players like Sancho clearly didn't pay dividends.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
People taking advantage of how low our emotions are right now. We'll latch on to any negative rumour there is - because in all likelihood its true.

iamking

We need him more than Mount and Hojlund. A solid mid alongside Casemiro to hold the fort. Welcome to Manchester.

Todd

Personally, I'd like to see him play in a double-pivot with Casemiro, but the only way I see that happening long-term is if Sancho is sold AND if Antony is taken out of the mix as a result of his situation, and Mount becomes our wide right player, as I have a feeling we'll be back to a Case/Bruno/Mount midfield once Mount is fit.

tjb

People taking advantage of how low our emotions are right now. We'll latch on to any negative rumour there is - because in all likelihood its true.
Honestly, it's not the media, it's our fanbase that's toxic now. All our team can do is win really.

You have ex-players taking anyone's side except the club, Sherringh going on sky telling them Fergie wouldn't have thrown a player under the bus, when Ten Haag literally just gave team news.

You have people blaming the club for failed transfers that have barely played games for us. People crying about Evans and Maguire when 4 cbs( including Shaw) ahead of them are injured. You have people blaming the club for the handling of Greenwood, where I don't see anything else they could have done. They tried to protect his image without being part of his future. Sancho has been poor and has shown poor mentality over the last 3 seasons, somehow that's the clubs fault. Antony has a domestic violence case, that's somehow the clubs fault too. We are being lambasted for spending almost 200m on players, where Gary Neville is ashamed because we skrimped and sold to get Amrabat, yet we are stupid for signing Sancho and Antony for big money

I don't like the Glazers and they are horrible, but the things them and the club are getting blamed for is ridiculous. Our fans are impatient at the moment due to dealing with Woodward for years and expect instant success. It's ridiculous. All it's done is given the media a target in the club. We're 4 games into a season with 5 new players, where only one has played consistently. We have Amad and Mainoo injured, who would add to this squad. We have injuries to 3 of our back 4. Yes, we've lost 2 games, but to Arsenal and Spurs away. I don't see the crisis. Yet due to our fanbase, who pushed the narrative of not liking Mount before he even played, who pushed the narrative of needing more than Hojlund before he even played too. We have fans who are so eager to blame the club, supporting Sancho. It's ridiculous. It's easy just lumping the club, the glazers and everything together and blame them. But what exactly are you blaming them for? I see a good squad, who hasn't had a chance to start the season, with clear signs of progress. A good manager trying to tweak and get even more out of the team. And an impatient fanbase being exploited by rabid media personalities.

OrcaFat

I think Casemiro and Amrabat would give us the best balance and platform. This would also allow us to play better football as we’d be more solid and can allow the front 4 to cause problems in attack. I remember under Ole our best football was with Fred and Mctominay playing together surprisingly.
Yeah but McFred were not two 6s they were more like two no8s having to track back.

4231 gives up the middle of the pitch and the game ends up mostly played in your own half. CBs and full backs are under-used. I agree it’s more solid if you’re being dominated but we need to get away from that.

4141 or 4123 helps you press and win the ball high; the ball doesn’t come near your goal as much and you’re nearer to your opponent’s goal when you win it. It’s the way forward. We just need to practice it more and get better at it.

Without Mount, we will play a slightly different shape but I think it will be temporary.

All that said, Casemiro and Amrabat will be on the pitch together quite a bit and I think they will make a good team. They are both tough and wily and can play football!

When everyone is fit, we’ve got most bases covered now. The squad looks okay. Plenty of areas need improvement, in time, but we pretty much got exactly what we need in this window.

Jerom

We need him more than Mount and Hojlund. A solid mid alongside Casemiro to hold the fort. Welcome to Manchester.
Well, I think Hojlund will make a bigger impact on Ten Hag's style of play, but Amrabat will be important in the big games as an extra lock, his physical presence and drive is essential to light the fire.

abailey123

Watching us play on Sunday shows why we’ve gone for Ambrabat. We were missing that midfielder who wants to get on the ball and is a natural deep lying playmaker. Someone to knit defence and attack together. Can’t wait to see him play.

GoldanoGraham

First and foremost - he WANTS to be here…..he is a fan and desperate to do well - in light of the lazy w*nkers currently fleecing this club I for one am
Absolutely delighted with this signing.

He will be our stand out signing with Rasmus.

alexthelion

Honestly, it's not the media, it's our fanbase that's toxic now. All our team can do is win really.

You have ex-players taking anyone's side except the club, Sherringh going on sky telling them Fergie wouldn't have thrown a player under the bus, when Ten Haag literally just gave team news.

You have people blaming the club for failed transfers that have barely played games for us. People crying about Evans and Maguire when 4 cbs( including Shaw) ahead of them are injured. You have people blaming the club for the handling of Greenwood, where I don't see anything else they could have done. They tried to protect his image without being part of his future. Sancho has been poor and has shown poor mentality over the last 3 seasons, somehow that's the clubs fault. Antony has a domestic violence case, that's somehow the clubs fault too. We are being lambasted for spending almost 200m on players, where Gary Neville is ashamed because we skrimped and sold to get Amrabat, yet we are stupid for signing Sancho and Antony for big money

I don't like the Glazers and they are horrible, but the things them and the club are getting blamed for is ridiculous. Our fans are impatient at the moment due to dealing with Woodward for years and expect instant success. It's ridiculous. All it's done is given the media a target in the club. We're 4 games into a season with 5 new players, where only one has played consistently. We have Amad and Mainoo injured, who would add to this squad. We have injuries to 3 of our back 4. Yes, we've lost 2 games, but to Arsenal and Spurs away. I don't see the crisis. Yet due to our fanbase, who pushed the narrative of not liking Mount before he even played, who pushed the narrative of needing more than Hojlund before he even played too. We have fans who are so eager to blame the club, supporting Sancho. It's ridiculous. It's easy just lumping the club, the glazers and everything together and blame them. But what exactly are you blaming them for? I see a good squad, who hasn't had a chance to start the season, with clear signs of progress. A good manager trying to tweak and get even more out of the team. And an impatient fanbase being exploited by rabid media personalities.
Well said.

Marauder1

Supports
Ex Liverpool.Football Agnostic
Amrabat giving his first interview after his debut

Zed is not dead

I’d give you a like if I could

OrcaFat

Well said.