g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Amrabat - Man United Player FINALLY - #4 confirmed

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Honestly, it's not the media, it's our fanbase that's toxic now. All our team can do is win really.

You have ex-players taking anyone's side except the club, Sherringh going on sky telling them Fergie wouldn't have thrown a player under the bus, when Ten Haag literally just gave team news.

You have people blaming the club for failed transfers that have barely played games for us. People crying about Evans and Maguire when 4 cbs( including Shaw) ahead of them are injured. You have people blaming the club for the handling of Greenwood, where I don't see anything else they could have done. They tried to protect his image without being part of his future. Sancho has been poor and has shown poor mentality over the last 3 seasons, somehow that's the clubs fault. Antony has a domestic violence case, that's somehow the clubs fault too. We are being lambasted for spending almost 200m on players, where Gary Neville is ashamed because we skrimped and sold to get Amrabat, yet we are stupid for signing Sancho and Antony for big money

I don't like the Glazers and they are horrible, but the things them and the club are getting blamed for is ridiculous. Our fans are impatient at the moment due to dealing with Woodward for years and expect instant success. It's ridiculous. All it's done is given the media a target in the club. We're 4 games into a season with 5 new players, where only one has played consistently. We have Amad and Mainoo injured, who would add to this squad. We have injuries to 3 of our back 4. Yes, we've lost 2 games, but to Arsenal and Spurs away. I don't see the crisis. Yet due to our fanbase, who pushed the narrative of not liking Mount before he even played, who pushed the narrative of needing more than Hojlund before he even played too. We have fans who are so eager to blame the club, supporting Sancho. It's ridiculous. It's easy just lumping the club, the glazers and everything together and blame them. But what exactly are you blaming them for? I see a good squad, who hasn't had a chance to start the season, with clear signs of progress. A good manager trying to tweak and get even more out of the team. And an impatient fanbase being exploited by rabid media personalities.
Fantastic post. Totally agree

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
Yeah but McFred were not two 6s they were more like two no8s having to track back.

4231 gives up the middle of the pitch and the game ends up mostly played in your own half. CBs and full backs are under-used. I agree it’s more solid if you’re being dominated but we need to get away from that.

4141 or 4123 helps you press and win the ball high; the ball doesn’t come near your goal as much and you’re nearer to your opponent’s goal when you win it. It’s the way forward. We just need to practice it more and get better at it.

Without Mount, we will play a slightly different shape but I think it will be temporary.

All that said, Casemiro and Amrabat will be on the pitch together quite a bit and I think they will make a good team. They are both tough and wily and can play football!

When everyone is fit, we’ve got most bases covered now. The squad looks okay. Plenty of areas need improvement, in time, but we pretty much got exactly what we need in this window.
Couldn't agree more. Amrabat has a huge role to play but Mount will be the starter in midfield in most games. Imagine Mount and Fernandes on the prowl, while Hojlund is giving CBs a torrid time, forcing them into mistakes. In the big games, we can play Amrabat, Casemiro, Mount and Bruno, with Rashford and Hojlund as the forwards.

I remain optimistic about our chances to compete irrespective of the start we've had thus far. I reckon with some good luck with injuries, the doom and gloom forum will be singing a different tune by Christmas.

Red4Lyfe

Supports
Liverpool
As a Liverpool supporter, I am annoyed with this signing as he could be really good for United. Hopefully he will fizzle as some of the african signings Liverpool hade made over the years, but what he showed at the WC will make it a great signing if he can produce the same goods.

OrcaFat

Couldn't agree more. Amrabat has a huge role to play but Mount will be the starter in midfield in most games. Imagine Mount and Fernandes on the prowl, while Hojlund is giving CBs a torrid time, forcing them into mistakes. In the big games, we can play Amrabat, Casemiro, Mount and Bruno, with Rashford and Hojlund as the forwards.

I remain optimistic about our chances to compete irrespective of the start we've had thus far. I reckon with some good luck with injuries, the doom and gloom forum will be singing a different tune by Christmas.
Yeah the injuries are bad. And before anyone says “that’s no excuse” (!) our plight is worse than average which is a tough break imo. But if we get those guys back we’ll be in good shape.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

Yeah imagining

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
"I'm very proud [to be the first Moroccan player at United].

"I think already a lot of Moroccans have followed already United, but now [there will be] a lot of extra million fans from Morocco.

"And they are so, so proud.

"I hope that I can make the fans for United and also them very, very happy and proud."
"I think United had so many fantastic players and young midfielders.

"So, in general, I look more to the midfielders like Paul Scholes, Roy Keane, David Beckham.

"But there were so many big players. Gary Neville, Rio Ferdinand, Louis Saha, Wayne Rooney, [Cristiano] Ronaldo. I can go on for one hour to say names.

"Of course, [my brother and I] spoke about it. He told me that he thinks that I have to go to the Premier League, it is the strongest league in the world.

"So now I'm here, I can't wait."
"It [his time with EtH at Utrecht] was very important because I was very young.

"I was 18, 19 years old and he gave me the chance to play in the first team with Utrecht.

"We had a fantastic time, a really good season. I learned a lot from him.

"So maybe he's one of the most important people in my career for now.

"It's fantastic because I think Erik ten Hag is a coach who will push always to the limit.

"He's hungry. He wants to win. He's a winner and I like that. I think I'm also similar, I'm also a winner. I want to win every day so it's a good match."
"I don't like to speak about myself.

"I want to show it on the pitch, but I can promise that I will give my best with everything; every day, every minute, every second. So, it is the only thing that I can say now."

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Watched his individual performance video vs France, Brazil. He looked very impressive, much quicker than I thought and also he has ability to dribble to evade the press.

He might turn out to be a quality addition who can help in progressing the ball from defensive to mid third.

IRN-BRUno

Noticeable that we don't see a full view of his back during that interview.

UDontMessWith24

As a Liverpool supporter, I am annoyed with this signing as he could be really good for United. Hopefully he will fizzle as some of the african signings Liverpool hade made over the years, but what he showed at the WC will make it a great signing if he can produce the same goods.
Ate Declan Rice for dinner in the ECL final as well, which the sports media in England has no interest in bringing up.

CasaStreets

Honestly, it's not the media, it's our fanbase that's toxic now. All our team can do is win really.

You have ex-players taking anyone's side except the club, Sherringh going on sky telling them Fergie wouldn't have thrown a player under the bus, when Ten Haag literally just gave team news.

You have people blaming the club for failed transfers that have barely played games for us. People crying about Evans and Maguire when 4 cbs( including Shaw) ahead of them are injured. You have people blaming the club for the handling of Greenwood, where I don't see anything else they could have done. They tried to protect his image without being part of his future. Sancho has been poor and has shown poor mentality over the last 3 seasons, somehow that's the clubs fault. Antony has a domestic violence case, that's somehow the clubs fault too. We are being lambasted for spending almost 200m on players, where Gary Neville is ashamed because we skrimped and sold to get Amrabat, yet we are stupid for signing Sancho and Antony for big money

I don't like the Glazers and they are horrible, but the things them and the club are getting blamed for is ridiculous. Our fans are impatient at the moment due to dealing with Woodward for years and expect instant success. It's ridiculous. All it's done is given the media a target in the club. We're 4 games into a season with 5 new players, where only one has played consistently. We have Amad and Mainoo injured, who would add to this squad. We have injuries to 3 of our back 4. Yes, we've lost 2 games, but to Arsenal and Spurs away. I don't see the crisis. Yet due to our fanbase, who pushed the narrative of not liking Mount before he even played, who pushed the narrative of needing more than Hojlund before he even played too. We have fans who are so eager to blame the club, supporting Sancho. It's ridiculous. It's easy just lumping the club, the glazers and everything together and blame them. But what exactly are you blaming them for? I see a good squad, who hasn't had a chance to start the season, with clear signs of progress. A good manager trying to tweak and get even more out of the team. And an impatient fanbase being exploited by rabid media personalities.
Great post.

We were much improved last year.

Many important incomings/outgoings this summer with signings that will take time to gel.

Tough player situations (injuries, dissent, personal issues) that the club is working through reasonably well so far.

Onward.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

Great post, couldn't agree more. It really puts some things into perspective for me as well.

Oranges038

Comes across as a really humble hard working guy. Says all the right things.

Can't wait to see what he does on the pitch.

OrcaFat

Watched his individual performance video vs France, Brazil. He looked very impressive, much quicker than I thought and also he has ability to dribble to evade the press.

He might turn out to be a quality addition who can help in progressing the ball from defensive to mid third.
Exactly so.

Plastic Evra

Add Amrabat to the injury crisis pile. Details unknown but confirmed by Morocco it seems.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'm gonna assume this is just a precaution and more along the lines of what was picked up by the medical...

Chairman Steve

Hopefully it’s a case United and Morocco pulled him out as a precaution. It could be just they checked him out in Morocco and realised it wasn’t worth it and he didn’t want to risk it either, seeing that he was super patient waiting for the move in the first place.

Has he even played games in Fiorentina’s pre-season? He’s probably not even match fit if he hasn’t played some form of match for a month or so.

tomaldinho1

Apparently Liverpool backed out because of the medical
Ah yes, that’s the order of signing a player…personal terms agreed, medical then the clubs start to talk price. Guarantee that rumour has been lapped up on RAWK.

As for this news surely it’s the same injury and they’re not risking him.

TheReligion

Abusive
Ah yes, that’s the order of signing a player…personal terms agreed, medical then the clubs start to talk price. Guarantee that rumour has been lapped up on RAWK.

As for this news surely it’s the same injury and they’re not risking him.
Look online.

I’ve no idea why @mu4c_20le is posting an opinion piece by a Liverpool fan publication as fact

Rolaholic

You can't even help but fecking laugh at it all at this point :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Holy hell, arm hair was really the difference between club armageddon/the great flood and having a normal and relieving international break...

Chief123

Apparently Liverpool backed out because of the medical
Ah yeah of course players have a medical before a club and player decides to agree to the transfer. You’ve completely lapped that one up.

tomaldinho1

You can't even help but fecking laugh at it all at this point :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Holy hell, arm hair was really the difference between club armageddon/the great flood and having a normal and relieving international break...
Is this one of the best/weirdest autocorrects?

tomaldinho1

Look online.

I’ve no idea why @mu4c_20le is posting an opinion piece by a Liverpool fan publication as fact
Cant see anything other than a standard low class article from one of their fan sites celebrating his injury as ‘hilarious’ which has been spammed everywhere.

Its all gone Shane Long

My god, I’m lost for words… where does this S*** luck end for us? To bring in another player who’s injured really shows the ineptitude of the powers that be at united