Amrabat - Man United Player FINALLY - #4 confirmed

Redivy

Is it true he had little or no pre season matches and was training alone over the past number of weeks? Morocco have two matches next week and those games should bring him up to speed.
Thought the same thing, for him the international games came at a perfect time.

izec

Good player snd brings something we lack. However, he does not have the consistency and class for a top club. Unless he kicks on a level or two.

Said weeks ago he would bench Mount, who is next to useless. But i can see ETH shoehorning Mount into the side somehow.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Probably best signing for you this season. The two players casemiro and amrabat give you the solid base in midfield to allow your attackers focus on attack.

This solid midfield base allow your fullbacks to make forward runs more thus create numbers in attack.

Defensively solid but allow more players to attack will give you edge in games against most teams.

Reactions: Penna

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Good player snd brings something we lack. However, he does not have the consistency and class for a top club. Unless he kicks on a level or two.

Said weeks ago he would bench Mount, who is next to useless. But i can see ETH shoehorning Mount into the side somehow.
Its almost like Ten Hag knows better than you would.

Longlivekeano

———————Onana—————————-

AwB——-Varane—-Martinez—Reguilon

—————Casemiro—-Amrabat————-

———————-Bruno——————————-

—Antony———-Hojlund———-Rashford—

bench: new GK, Lindelof, mcTom, Mount, Garnacho

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
———————Onana—————————-

———————-Bruno——————————-

This is a solid team!!

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Our midfield improves massively with Amrabat in it. We should have had him in earlier though. Unfair making him wait all summer until the last day of the window.

sillwuka

———————Onana—————————-

———————-Bruno——————————-

I can see that team with Mount replacing Antony in some games.

Gordon S

Mount got injured thats why we loaned Amrabat. Similar to when Eriksen got injured we loaned Sabitzer. Its ridiculous to wait for injuries before signing backups/competitors for first teamers.
They are quite different type of midfielders?
But what if you`re right, and Mounts injury forced them to get the type of player we needed more than anything, in the last hours of the window…
Would love to hear Murtough and Eriks discussions about things like this.

bringbackbebe

Mount got injured thats why we loaned Amrabat. Similar to when Eriksen got injured we loaned Sabitzer. Its ridiculous to wait for injuries before signing backups/competitors for first teamers.
That's a bit concerning because in this case, we wouldn't have got Amrabat had Mount been injured a week later...

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
I like what I'm hearing about this guy really wanting to play for us. That's always a great starting point!

Never saw him play, but I'm sure he'll set the world alight, and lead us to glory :cool:

dinostar77

Probably best signing for you this season. The two players casemiro and amrabat give you the solid base in midfield to allow your attackers focus on attack.

This solid midfield base allow your fullbacks to make forward runs more thus create numbers in attack.

Defensively solid but allow more players to attack will give you edge in games against most teams.

dinostar77

Thats incorrect. Amrabat was asked to be patient and he turned down a number of proposals while waiting for utd. He spoke to ETH in june.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Don’t know much about him but on paper the best thing we have done this summer.
Can play a role where we urgently needed someone, for a reasonable fee and in case he doesn’t perform like expected respectively we get a new investor in we can send him back and look for an upgrade.

OrcaFat

———————Onana—————————-

———————-Bruno——————————-

Looks good. But I don’t think we’ll see that when everyone is fit. EtH will try to get his 4141 to click. In that case we’ll rarely start with Casemiro and Amrabat - it will be one or the other.

If that’s right, Amrabat and Casemiro will be pushing each other for starts and whoever is not selected will be a relief or tactical sub. I think there’ll be enough minutes to keep them both happy.

RedUnited86

His passing is elite. Going to be one of the best signings since Fergie retired.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Delighted with this signing, a type of player we definitely needed to play alongside Casemiro and Bruno. Though it does look to make the signing of Mount a bit redundant, I think you need quality and competition in the squad to compete in all competitions. Bruno should get rest with Mount getting some games in the cup/UCL and also some EPL games here and there.

If we got Pavard, I think it would've been a great window but there is still a weakness at RB and depth at CB with Lindelof and Maguire being our only options, Maguire especially a big downgrade over the starters.

Not enough to make us title challengers in the EPL, but we were never going to spend the amount Chelsea and City do, where they can rebuild an entire first XI in a couple of windows, but it is setting us in the right path. RB, CB depth and the wings are still areas we need to build on in the next few windows to be ready for a title challenge.

Drizzle

His passing is elite. Going to be one of the best signings since Fergie retired.
Genuinely confused how this decent midtable Serie A midfielder is getting this type of hype. I hope people aren't going to be disappointed...

OrcaFat

He has a great attitude and strong, aggressive presence on the pitch. He’s also a damn good player. His problem (if you can call it that) is that we have a lot of good players. He’s good enough to compete and get selected some of the time, imo. The effect he will have on the squad is going to be very positive.

However I will be surprised if he proves to be good enough to get a lot of starts in so-called big matches because I don’t think EtH will want to deviate from his 4141 system very often.

Blackbeard

Supports
Bristol City

isn’t it slightly early to be writing off a brand new signing as useless?

Bobski

Genuinely confused how this decent midtable Serie A midfielder is getting this type of hype. I hope people aren't going to be disappointed...
He was one of the lowest rated players for Fiorentina last season (and actually in all 3 of his seasons there) on sites like Whoscored and co. I am very dubious about the viability of their scoring metrics and whether they are actually an accurate representation of a players impact but probably not a good thing to score so low. Hopefully he exposes them as worthless.

Blackbeard

Supports
Bristol City
Brand new signing, but a player we all know for years.
Yes a player who up until last season, when his whole team underperformed, had been consistently decent and I believe was their player of the season recently.

edit : just checked he was Chelsea player of the year for two seasons in a row.

Spark

Some serious hyperbole in this thread, on both ends of the spectrum. End of the day he’s a player in a position where we have no depth and he’s not total shit so he should be a welcome signing.

Hopefully he proves to be a key player and gets us through some tough away fixtures (where we’re double shit) and I’m excited to see how he does.

Drizzle

Some serious hyperbole in this thread, on both ends of the spectrum.
Correct. For example:
Just checked he was Chelsea player of the year for two seasons in a row.
This guy is apparently a terrible signing...

He was one of the lowest rated players for Fiorentina last season (and actually in all 3 of his seasons there) on sites like Whoscored and co.
Whereas this guy is the best signing since Fergie retired.

Ultimately they're both quite good, but nothing special.

ROFLUTION

Against big teams where we need a result it’d be nice to play Amrabat-Casemiro and then Mount for attacking mid and Bruno on the right. Liverpool at Anfield for instance

Kramer

Only when Fernandes is having a break sounds like a lot of bench. If I were Mount, I would hope to play a bit more than that.
I’m sure he does.

On a side note, I have this theory that if Bruno is rested more, he will be much more effective.

He does quite a lot of running game after game and by the end of the season he is always run ragged. That does take a toll on his creativity within games as well (trying to play too many hollywood passes etc.)

Giving him enough rest will definitely help the team.