Amrabat - Man United Player FINALLY - #4 confirmed

wolvored

For the bottom 12 teams I think he will be starting when Casemiro is rested or unavailable and will be a regular sub for the midfield during the 2nd half. For the top 7 teams I think he will be starting alongside Casemiro, giving Casemiro licence to move further up when attacking.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Some serious hyperbole in this thread, on both ends of the spectrum. End of the day he’s a player in a position where we have no depth and he’s not total shit so he should be a welcome signing.
I think this is the key message, it’s not so much this specific player himself but the position he can cover. Personally I am not so sure that this great tactical shift ten Hag seems to have in mind according to some will work so we might end up needing a more traditional set up with 2 hard working and defensively solid midfielders.

OrcaFat

Some serious hyperbole in this thread, on both ends of the spectrum. End of the day he’s a player in a position where we have no depth and he’s not total shit so he should be a welcome signing.

Hopefully he proves to be a key player and gets us through some tough away fixtures (where we’re double shit) and I’m excited to see how he does.
Well said.

OrcaFat

For the bottom 12 teams I think he will be starting when Casemiro is rested or unavailable and will be a regular sub for the midfield during the 2nd half. For the top 7 teams I think he will be starting alongside Casemiro, giving Casemiro licence to move further up when attacking.
It’s logical and might pan out that way this season. If he does well enough to stay on here I think he’ll be regular competition for starting no6 next year. By then, EtH’s 4141 should be working properly and I don’t think we’ll see Case and Amrabat starting together except when there are injuries / suspensions.

LInkash

“I’ve had to be patient”. Where are all those posters who were saying it’s all fabricated by the Italian media and we were never in for him?
Something got lost in translation, he actually meant that he had to be a patient (ie. injured) in order fit the profile of our players.

He's actually crocked and like Rasmus, won't be able to play for a few weeks.

FlyingTrotter

Isn’t the key part his flexibility - 4-4-2 had a YouTube analysis showing the different way he plays for club and country - almost two different players - classic holding midfield destroyer for country and more advanced progressive passer for club

pretty sure ETH is looking to evolve the squad so he can have more pieces available to adapt the starting 11 for different opponents and have more options on the bench for in game changes of tactics/formation

with Cas Mount Erikson Amrabat Mainoo McT Bruno he has the beginning of some game affecting options - same with Rash Garnacho Antony Sancho Pelestri Amad - really only the central role that is light with Martial and Rasmus

suspect by Sept 24 after two more windows it will have evolved quite materially from this (even without a new owner)

football is no longer about set starting 11’s and aside from changing tactics through a game there are the changes to protect players on yellows now we are seeing cards for time wasting and dissent much faster - I’m sure Amrabat will get a lot of minutes and we will see him play in different roles - I see him as an exciting signing - everyone would have wanted Bellingham and two top strikers but that was never realistic

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
This would be broadly how I'd see it, with possible exceptions on both ends depending on the set-up of the opposition. Plus obviously injuries, form, etc.

For example I think that in effect Amrabat has given us a fairly regular alternative to Antony, because in games where Antony doesn't play I could see Amrabat coming in and Bruno shifting out to RW rather than us using someone like Sancho at RW.

OrcaFat

Looking forward to seeing what the naughtiest of naughty boys Roy Keane makes of him.
Yeah me too.

There’s some pretty damning clips of him pulling out of aerial challenges which, if he does that for us, will get him some heat. But otherwise he looks tough and professional and has decent basic quality, which Keane will probably admire.

Delighted with this signing, arguably the most key position we needed.

Against tougher opponents I'm guessing we will see him paired with Casemiro and Mount on the bench, in easier games he and Casemiro will alternate and we play Mount and Bruno together.

Even if he's not a world beater, the mere fact he is a natural central midfielder makes him better than anybody else we have had in years.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
I’ve seen Amrabat as a player since his Eredivisie time and he really has developed as a player since he moved to the Serie A. He really has put on some muscle and he’s much fitter than he used to be, he used to be rather gangly although he’s always been a good passer & skillful. When he was playing for Feyenoord I never thought he would be as good as he is now, he’s obviously worked very hard on his game as he’s matured as a person. With Casemiro, Mount, McTominay, Eriksen, Mainoo (he’s going to be a star) and Amrabat we have a strong midfield with different options and different sets of skills, nice mix of experience and youth and on paper now one of the best midfields in the league. No excuses there now anymore.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I’ve seen Amrabat as a player since his Eredivisie time and he really has developed as a player since he moved to the Serie A. He really has put on some muscle and he’s much fitter than he used to be, he used to be rather gangly although he’s always been a good passer & skillful. When he was playing for Feyenoord I never thought he would be as good as he is now, he’s obviously worked very hard on his game as he’s matured as a person. With Casemiro, Mount, McTominay, Eriksen, Mainoo (he’s going to be a star) and Amrabat we have a strong midfield with different options and different sets of skills, nice mix of experience and youth and on paper now one of the best midfields in the league. No excuses there now anymore.
Sounds pretty encouraging.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Just hope his aggresion wont be ruined by the refs red cards like they did with Casemiro.

MoXoM

Now this is a signing I’m actually excited about!

:devil:

peridigm

Never thought this signing would be done. Early on it looked like we were interested then slowly started to have Gaitan vibes. Props to the player for holding out. Probably would have been done much sooner if we sold another midfielder.

The Irish Connection

This is a brilliant signing.
Ive been saying for years that we need more technical quality in the squad, especially midfield. What’s exceptional about Amrabat are his passing stats, as others have said.
He is 90+% for pass completion and this is exactly what was needed. Bruno can do the low percentage killer balls, but we needed someone to balance that out. He also makes a huge amount of passes per 90 showing that he gets on the ball a lot.
We need someone along side Casemiro who takes the ball from the back line and links to the attack.
Casemiro can focus more on tackles and interceptions while Amrabat can keep things ticking. But both are decent at the others weakness too.

I haven’t watched a huge amount of him. But against West Ham in the final, one moment stood out in my memory. He played a brilliant long pass in behind west hams left back and got them in. I was thinking at the time, was it a bit flukey, but looking at his long passing stats, he regularly executes those.
He likes a big switch too which is always handy, especially to release Rashford.

The only pity is we didn’t get him in a bit sooner, but definitely a bit more positive about the season now. Hope he turns out a real bargain.

Still, Glazers out is most important.

Mike Smalling

What's our best midfield now? Casemiro, Amrabat, Bruno? Does our new £60m player not even make it in?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Top player. Two feet, two eyes, can run with the ball, can run near the ball, can use one of his two feet to kick the ball. The guy can do everything.

jesperjaap

I'm not writing Mount off just yet, though I haven't been impressed so far. At least we don't have to rely on Eriksen now and we will have Mainoo back at some point. If Hojlund and Amrabat hits the ground running and Onana settles in as we are all hoping, Old Trafford's going to be rocking this season.
It was always going to take two or three windows. The next one should hopefully nail it. Maguire will hopefully see sense in January.
Not writing Mount of, just dount understand the signing for that position, hopefully I am wrong.

But at the same point, come on the last two summer we have made eleven signings, not youth players either, this isnt including several loan deals.

How many signings do we need do make?

I certainly hope you are right regardig Old Trafford rocking. On paper, though not perfect, if things slot into place and certain players perform well, to be fair I do think it could be the best first eleven we have had for a while. But forgetting too many ifs and maybes. We have spent not far from half a billion since Ten Hag has come in, personally not sure half of it has been wisely and looking at players that have gone to other clubs, I feel seveal others may show this season they have progressed further and we arent looking at a nailing it window next summer......rather another not offering champions league football and a lot of talk of another cull....which again we will fail to do.

Arambat for £10m at this point in the window as at first a loan is a good deal, but as you mention yourself and I have done on this forum a fair amount recently......we are very reliant in terms of progression in Hoijlund and Mainoo who are both young and inexperienced having big seasons

jesperjaap

I think the agents role in transactions are a bit overlooked when we criticise the club for being bad at selling. To find you a new club, sounds more like the job of your agent.
Maybe, but it seems in a few cases players were not even that keen on leaving, Maguire beiing an obvious example, I think it also shows just how poor some players have been here the lack of interest in them, such as VDB

evil_geko

So you think he is going to replace players that we have paid 125mil on in the past two seasons?
And you think players play based on how much they were paid and not based on performances? Amrabat will easily get into the first team very fast, you will be in big surprise if you think he will mostly be on the bench.

Melville Red

I'm already looking up potential Antony replacements.
I played on the right wing at school and have a great right foot which over the years has been cultivated due to kicking my son numerous times up the arse in order to motivate him, which I’m pleased to say worked.
I’m sure my right foot is better that Antony’s.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Genuinely confused how this decent midtable Serie A midfielder is getting this type of hype. I hope people aren't going to be disappointed...
You probably missed the hype when City signed Kevin or Pool Mo

Melville Red

Excited to see what he brings to the club, just a shame it was done so late in the window.
Indeed. I’m looking forward to Sep 16th when we play Brighton at Old Trafford, hopefully then we will see Holjund as well as our new midfield. Hopefully during this international break Holjund could get some reserve game time in next week, maybe a game and a half, get him fit enough to come on as a sub against Brighton early in the second half.

BuzzKillington

Its almost like Ten Hag knows better than you would.
I’m pretty sure someone said that to me when I questioned the signing of Martinez last year, and I’m happy to say I got that one wrong.

But I’m pretty sure it was also trotted out when people were questioning whether Antony was worth €100m. Or that Malacia wasn’t really good enough for us.

He’s probably our best manager since Fergie but he’s not infallible, especially when it comes to signing players. Let’s see how Amrabat does. The fact we can send him back if he’s rubbish is massive bonus.

It’s all kool-aid or it’s pitchforks and torches in this place.

tidraKS

Funny, 1 week ago, 99.9% of people here were crying for Amrabat. Today, many of them are not happy with him :lol:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I’m pretty sure someone said that to me when I questioned the signing of Martinez last year, and I’m happy to say I got that one wrong.

But I’m pretty sure it was also trotted out when people were questioning whether Antony was worth €100m. Or that Malacia wasn’t really good enough for us.

He’s probably our best manager since Fergie but he’s not infallible, especially when it comes to signing players. Let’s see how Amrabat does. The fact we can send him back if he’s rubbish is massive bonus.

Malacia it's fine for the fee we paid

evil_geko

Funny, 1 week ago, 99.9% of people here were crying for Amrabat. Today, many of them are not happy with him :lol:
It's the Caf, where moaning and being miserable about everything is their life style.

evil_geko

Malacia is great for backup and money paid, if you expected more from him, that is on you. And Antony was not amazing but was decent enough, fee paid for him was because of it being very late in the window, it doesn't mean anyone thinks he is worth that much, again, that is on you.

Tarrou

I think he'll start most games and ETH will eventually ditch the Mount/Bruno as 8s experiment