And he rejected Real

redevil2

Are we still debating this?

by we I mean TM and FS, and when I say debating a mean going around in fcuking circles...
Haha... Hit the nail right on the head!!! I feel fecking sorry for those who s been responding to TM and FS. Its painful reading their posts (FS' especially!!!!) Not to mention replying! Oh wait, it s more than painful....

Hopefully one of the mods can do something!

Feedingseagulls

What FS is trying to do is to move the focus away from the trend of the thread.
What I actually did was expose the fact that the 'trend of the thread' was not based in any way on the factual content of the initial quoted article.

Instead, most posters simply continued their existing anti-Tevez agenda and conveniently failed to notice that Tevez nowhere states he personally rejected a bid (or anything similar)

Feedingseagulls

Chuckle,eh! How they can do this to us letting us go through those garbage and nonsense!!
Well, if you could come up with some actual arguments to rebut the points made you might be getting somewhere.

If you just keep perpetuating your errors and disregard all the evidence that counts against your ideas then you'll just keep generating enlightened opposition. :angel:

Here's a simple example - Is there any indication within the body of the article that Tevez had a viable bid from Real to reject? Is there any reason that Tevez could not have considered the situation of his family in determining where he would work for the next few years?

There are some viable reasons for some here to dislike Tevez - no matter how OTT that makes them in some examples - suggesting he ever rejected Real over money is just not supported by any of the evidence to date - merely by your prejudice.

Alex

In all honesty he isnt good enough for Real or United for that matter. Good riddance. Owen is twice the striker he is.

Jopub

From Barca to Orient - back down to earth with a b
"Thomas..It's up for grabs now - Thomas, righ
In all honesty he isnt good enough for Real or United for that matter. Good riddance. Owen is twice the striker he is.
How on earth d'you work that out ?

You lot you should have a look at yourselves

Don't think Ive ever seen such a bunch of turncoat fans on a player that left

He was so "not good enough for you" that from impactive substitute scenarios he effectively changed your season three or four times I seem to remember towards the end of the season in matches you were not winning.
Of all players that had obvious 'effect' in you winning the title he was up there with the most effective, substitute or not

In the match against Barca CL semi the year before he was the most important player that saw you through, winners against Liverpool, last minute saving goals at Spurs etc etc four goals a game (and then dropped!!)

How the fk is he not good enough for you :houllier:

You have to get your heads around this fact and it is a facht - he performed top drawer for you but was still one of those that Ferguson looked to drop a little more easily than others . He finally got the ache of it especially when you started to penny pinch the deal on which he came to you.

Sure he did not behave fantastic at the end of it but fk me he had every reason to be fked about it, the man had by then had enough of it and left

From a neutral standpoint you're trying to paint him as some kind of Satanic figure is fking stupidly loony.

People keep comparing him to the way in which Ronaldo left in a 'dignified' way :lol: Now that is funny cos he fked you over more than than anybody or Tevez possibly could. You got your big money for him but his wheeling and dealing to get away went on for fking years - his public shows of discontent were a huge embarrasment for Ferguson - consistnatly lying in TV interviews for years - but somehow on here he's a fking 'darling'

Really your castigation of Tevez whist putting Ronaldo up as some kind of Saint make you a laughing stock

Someone had to say it

Jopub

Owen ?

Well you actually have to get him on the pitch to start with and then after a couple of seasons doing that you may make that claim but you're atm looking at somebody who makes Saha's appearance record look like an ever present !

Its quite likely had Michael Owen stayed reasonably fit he'd have broken every scoring record in the book at all levels. However.....

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
:lol:

Oh my, how they all change their tune.

Mind you I think I have with this whole Adebayor thing too.

Jopub

Oh my, how they all change their tune.

Mind you I think I have with this whole Adebayor thing too.
Mental is'nt it.

As for Addy I was never convinced. His showboating with Henry after scoring only a few goals had me worried. He's also never had the application. If it's cold at Middbro in Feb you can forget him and that's always been the case with him.

It is a shame because the man could play but only when he chose to which with his attititude to the club especially last summer was only gonna cause unrest in the dressing room.

Its a good deal for us that one - brilliant

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Mental is'nt it.

As for Addy I was never convinced. His showboating with Henry after scoring only a few goals had me worried. He's also never had the application. If it's cold at Middbro in Feb you can forget him and that's always been the case with him.

It is a shame because the man could play but only when he chose to which with his attititude to the club especially last summer was only gonna cause unrest in the dressing room.

I know, not three months ago Tevez was a 'world class' striker. Not two weeks ago Owen was washed up and finished. I laughed then and I sure as hell laugh now.

But then again I'm pretty sure I could be quoted on here as saying Adebayor was a world class striker off the back of his great season... He's definitely got it in him to become a top class striker, but I think now he's reached the top pay bracket of players there's really no incentive for him to continue to strive anymore.

The fact he wanted another pay-increase after this season's efforts just goes to show where his head's at. And we certainly don't need that type of attitude at our club.

On a side note I think Bendtner's got it in him to be just as good, if not better. At the least he's able to contribute more to our attacking play than Adebayor did.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Mental is'nt it.

How convenient.

Christ what a hypocrite.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
To be fair smashed a LOT of other Arsenal supporters weren't either.

Jopub

How convenient.

Christ what a hypocrite.
No, the truth, he's always had an attitude problem, almost from day one

Very unlike Tevez actually who's always, untill he got increasingly fked over, had a great attitude to the game - but you lot cant ever see that.

Its just 'how could he leave us' 'how could he dare', how..... etc etc ??
when really the truth is ( and most of you know this) 'we should have sorted out his deal and kept him cos he was a fantastic valueable member of the side and showed his worth countless times' (which he did)

Honestly its not rocket science

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I know, not three months ago Tevez was a 'world class' striker. Not two weeks ago Owen was washed up and finished. I laughed then and I sure as hell laugh now.

But then again I'm pretty sure I could be quoted on here as saying Adebayor was a world class striker off the back of his great season... He's definitely got it in him to become a top class striker, but I think now he's reached the top pay bracket of players there's really no incentive for him to continue to strive anymore.

The fact he wanted another pay-increase after this season's efforts just goes to show where his head's at. And we certainly don't need that type of attitude at our club.

On a side note I think Bendtner's got it in him to be just as good, if not better. At the least he's able to contribute more to our attacking play than Adebayor did.

That sidenote is hilarious in the context of your opening paragraph!

As for Tevez, there's been an awful lot of people on here complaining about his performances all season long. Can only assume you and Jopub are over-rating because he played so well when we over-ran an abject Arsenal side. Believe me, that performance was an exception in the season just gone.

SmashedHombre

Very unlike Tevez actually who's always, untill he got increasingly fked over, had a great attitude to the game - but you lot cant ever see that.

when really the truth is ( and most of you know this) 'we should have sorted out his deal and kept him cos he was a fantastic valueable member of the side and showed his worth countless times' (which he did)

You actually don't really know what you are talking about here Jopub, you're just making ridiculous assumptions that somehow you know the inner workings of the United fans better than we do. But this is a debate that has been done to death and I can't be arsed to go there, it is also completely irrelevant to my original post- that being that a lot of united fans were unsure about Tevez. You only have to read back through threads from last season to see that a lot were questioning his ability. No doubt you watched as many United games as we did though, and it's not just that you are basing your opinion on MotD highlights or the final few games of the season where he did put in a few remotely good performances.

Jopub

As for Tevez, there's been an awful lot of people on here complaining about his performances all season long. Can only assume you and Jopub are over-rating because he played so well when we over-ran an abject Arsenal side. Believe me, that performance was an exception in the season just gone.
Naa ....I'm capable of looking at it through none rose tinted spectacles

You played a dodgy game with Tevez, you picked up a quality player on the never never and when pay day arrived you (Ferguson) thought you'd get him on the cheap (even with that going on he still performed for you, still came on and was the very effective difference in games that turned into title winning points for you. He may not have been as brilliant as the year before but still good enough to make a huge difference but you still would'nt get it sorted out and eventually because of Utd's attitude it all turned sour

Frankly Tevez did little wrong other than wanting to play more :houllier: and rightly he got fked off with it all.

There's no other spin than that

SmashedHombre

Naa ....I'm capable of looking at it through none rose tinted spectacles

You played a dodgy game with Tevez, you picked up a quality player on the never never and when pay day arrived you (Ferguson) thought you'd get him on the cheap (even with that going on he still performed for you, still came on and was the very effective difference in games that turned into title winning points for you. He may not have been as brilliant as the year before but still good enough to make a huge difference but you still would'nt get it sorted out and eventually because of Utd's attitude it all turned sour

Frankly Tevez did little wrong other than wanting to play more :houllier: and rightly he got fked off with it all.

There's no other spin than that
:lol: okay then.

Jopub

You actually don't really know what you are talking about here Jopub, you're just making ridiculous assumptions that somehow you know the inner workings of the United fans better than we do. But this is a debate that has been done to death and I can't be arsed to go there, it is also completely irrelevant to my original post- that being that a lot of united fans were unsure about Tevez. You only have to read back through threads from last season to see that a lot were questioning his ability. No doubt you watched as many United games as we did though, and it's not just that you are basing your opinion on MotD highlights or the final few games of the season where he did put in a few remotely good performances.
No ....... I know exactly what I'm talking about and probably through the net do watch as many Utd games as many of you and in this net mad world know exaclty how players have performed on a weekly almost daily basis

He certainly was not as good as the year before but he was effective enough to change games that won you the title imo

Deserved better than he got from Ferguson

Davo

Bit disappointed you didn't sign Tevez, he's exactly what you didn't need.

That said, amusing that he's signed for City over you

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal

Eh? They don't relate at all.

I said I think he's got it in him; the potential. I didn't say he was better or was World Class.

And I've read numerous times on here that Tevez was a 'World Class' striker. Though the comments could've just stood out in my mind because I thought it was an outlandish thing to say.

SmashedHombre

No ....... I know exactly what I'm talking about and probably through the net do watch as many Utd games as many of you and in this net mad world know exaclty how players have performed on a weekly almost daily basis

He certainly was not as good as the year before but he was effective enough to change games that won you the title imo

Deserved better than he got from Ferguson
No......you really don't. Unfortunately though this won't stop you from thinking you know better than the people who have actually watched him intently and followed the whole saga for two seasons so I'm not going to get in to this debate.

In pure footballing terms Tevez isn't really a major loss though in my opinion. It is only his work rate that sets him apart, the rest of his game is not that special and for a so called top striker, he has a shocking first touch.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster

Yeah Tevez really got screwed over :rolleyes:. Got offered a contract at the biggest team in England whom are reigning pl champions and back to back CL finalists. I have no doubt Ferguson would have paid the outrageous fee to keep his services, but if Geko is right and greed is good, then Tevez is the bloody pinnacle of greed.

I won a cup competition today, and as I stood there with my trophy in hand, with the boys around me, I thought, how the hell could anybody give this up for all the money in the world? Somethings in life are more important then money, and Tevez will learn this the hard way.

SmashedHombre

Fantastic

It has been a while. Tevez was still a red manc when I was here last..;)
And Liverpool still solely held the English record for most league titles. How quickly things change

Jopub

No......you really don't. Unfortunately though this won't stop you from thinking you know better than the people who have actually watched him intently and followed the whole saga for two seasons so I'm not going to get in to this debate.

In pure footballing terms Tevez isn't really a major loss though in my opinion. It is only his work rate that sets him apart, the rest of his game is not that special and for a so called top striker, he has a shocking first touch.
So you watching for 35 games will know how he's performing if I watch him for 25. I don't think so

I agree about him as a player - he is technically not at a great level but as you say his work rate is exceptional, really exceptional and that can have a huge galvanising effect on a side and a negative one for the opposition. He also doe'snt give possession away like many others. Also a big game player that gets important goals. Top player imo

Anyway I know how good he is and he's been for Utd and through trying to knock down the price and playing silly bollocks you've lost a very effective player imo

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.

Bizarre that a gooner - who once cheered Sol Cambell on - could act so baffled about why fans turn on a player who signed for their local rivals.

SmashedHombre

So you watching for 35 games will know how he's performing if I watch him for 25. I don't think so

I agree about him as a player - he is technically not at a great level but as you say his work rate is exceptional, really exceptional and that can have a huge galvanising effect on a side and a negative one for the opposition. He also doe'snt give possession away like many others. Also a big game player that gets important goals. Top player imo

Anyway I know how good he is and he's been for Utd and through trying to knock down the price and playing silly bollocks you've lost a very effective player imo
Well if you did watch Tevez as much as you say you do you would know this isn't true. His run with your head down, hold on to the ball as long as possible style of football lost us possession more than most in our team.

He did get a couple of very important goals for us, but over all his goal ratio for last season was pretty shocking. He was a good player to bring off the bench due to his energy and work rate, but he never showed that extra class to suggest he actually deserved to be starting every game as he repeatedly told us he should be through the media. City his about his level in my opinion and I'm actually quite happy to have Owen instead, personally I think he is a better replacement. I would rather see him coming off the bench than Tevez if we desperately need a goal

Jopub

Well if you did watch Tevez as much as you say you do you would know this isn't true. His run with your head down, hold on to the ball as long as possible style of football lost us possession more than most in our team.
srry but thats rubbish

He did get a couple of very important goals for us, but over all his goal ratio for last season was pretty shocking. He was a good player to bring off the bench due to his energy and work rate, but he never showed that extra class to suggest he actually deserved to be starting every game as he repeatedly told us he should be through the media. City his about his level in my opinion and I'm actually quite happy to have Owen instead, personally I think he is a better replacement. I would rather see him coming off the bench than Tevez if we desperately need a goal
Think of the games you were losing when Tevez came on and changed the whole outlook of the side - Owen won't do that

He'll come on and simply wait for a chance. Tevez would come on and create and get others to create chances - so I know who'd I'd have

Jopub

Bizarre that a gooner - who once cheered Sol Cambell on - could act so baffled about why fans turn on a player who signed for their local rivals.
No. I can see that obviously but the actual events leading to Tevez's departure are imo as I've outlined

I can see people getting upset about him joining City but not getting upset at the reasons he left you which seem pretty obvious to any neutral

SmashedHombre

srry but thats rubbish

Think of the games you were losing when Tevez came on and changed the whole outlook of the side - Owen won't do that

He'll come on and simply wait for a chance. Tevez would come on and create and get others to create chances - so I know who'd I'd have
No, it's not.

Yes, Tevez is renowned for his creativity and vision and ability to play cunning through balls. Or not. What he gave us was energy and grit. He would tire out defenders and help close a match up, so in that sense he did change the whole outlook. However we have enough creativity in this side already, what we need is someone who will actually be in the box when we need them, not chasing down the opposition left back. I lost count of the number of times last season we would attack only to find that actually not a single one of our players were in the box and the attack ends up breaking down.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
No. I can see that obviously but the actual events leading to Tevez's departure are imo as I've outlined

I can see people getting upset about him joining City but not getting upset at the reasons he left you which seem pretty obvious to any neutral
If he hadn't joined City I don't think we would bear a grudge. But he did, so we do. Simples.

Jopub

If he hadn't joined City I don't think we would bear a grudge. But he did, so we do. Simples.
Oh i thought the beef was that he had dared to want his move finally sorted out and that Ferguson / Utd had done everything they could to keep him as long as they could get him for half the originally agreed fee :smirk:

If it was just that he'd joined City .....