...and we're back

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
still getting some strain messages.

prateik

This forum requires that you wait 45 seconds between searches. Please try again in 3002 seconds

something wrong?

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Unavoidable I'm afraid with the clock issues :(

prateik

Thanks Niall. Search will still take some time to recover, but atleast I'm no longer in the future.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Thanks Niall. Search will still take some time to recover, but atleast I'm no longer in the future.
I've disabled search throttling so search is working now.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
I thought we were moving off v bulliten at some point Niall? Stop slacking and make it happen
Not a vbulletin issue, the software uses the server's time and as that was about 50 minutes fast, everything went fubar when it was corrected.

...also switching platform mid-season would be :houllier:

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Not a vbulletin issue, the software uses the server's time and as that was about 50 minutes fast, everything went fubar when it was corrected.

But have you plans to make the change at some point? Maybe at the end of the season?

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Yeah probably. Any big change like that will always happen in the off season.

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman

Why leave vbulletin? I think it's the most professional looking and easy to use forum software out there. Add to that all the possible modifications that are availible and the fact that it's more or less the industry standard. I think switching would be a mistake.

Admittedly I haven't been keeping up with forum software news, as it's been a while since I've ran one, but what alternative is better at the moment?

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
I cant remember the name of what Niall was looking at but it looked good! We dont use the modifications anyway, Niall is God. He knows what is best for us.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Why leave vbulletin? I think it's the most professional looking and easy to use forum software out there. Add to that all the possible modifications that are availible and the fact that it's more or less the industry standard. I think switching would be a mistake.

Admittedly I haven't been keeping up with forum software news, as it's been a while since I've ran one, but what alternative is better at the moment?
There are couple of other options that are probably better long term solutions for the CAF. Time will tell.

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
There are couple of other options that are probably better long term solutions for the CAF. Time will tell.
Oh well, Like I say, I'm a bit out of the loop these days when it comes to forum software. I didn't think anybody had caught up with vbulletin yet. Good to see there may be more viable options. Vbulletin, although very good has had alot security issues and spam problems. If I remember rightly it was also quite a drain on the server.

The Neviller

Oh well, Like I say, I'm a bit out of the loop these days when it comes to forum software. I didn't think anybody had caught up with vbulletin yet. Good to see there may be more viable options. Vbulletin, although very good has had alot security issues and spam problems. If I remember rightly it was also quite a drain on the server.
:lol:

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Yup, had to do a server reboot, sorry about that.

prateik

Connection keeps resetting.. I have to reload most pages twice.
Anyone else?

Levo

Band of Brothers
Caf's not updating for me, in the general it says they has been no new posts but when you click in threads they has been posts after this.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Tonight will probably be a good night to do a bit of maintenance Niall, think it'll be a quiet one and only the General will be active in any way.

Lance Uppercut

Currently the board is not updating and it's showing only a handful of posters logged in. Yet there are numerous replies in numerous threads which will only register if you enter the specific thread.

Ludens the Red

I can access the cafe with my phone. But not on any computer in my house. So its an ip thing. Any ideas?