Ander Herrera is a Manchester United Player!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Neviller

V poor and embarrassing again why do City Chelsea etc not have these issues?

Seems to me that Woodward is out of his depth and either needs help or needs to go.
What's poor and embarrassing about going down the legal route to get a player when a bid is rejected?

Seriously, some of you need to give your head a wobble.

Have City or Chelsea ever signed a player using this buy-out clause? The Costa deal would have met the same difficulties, unless Atletico Madrid accepted a bid for the same fee as the release clause. That deal hasn't been finalised either.

Basically, stop talking bollocks.

Oneunited26

If (when) we land him, are you going to complain? None of this matters right now. All that matters is that he signs before the season starts.
I do expect the deal to go through, but I get the worry over a possible saga, atleast the player wants to join us

Cina sucks

On probation. Man Utd'll Never Walk Alone
What's poor and embarrassing about going down the legal route to get a player when a bid is rejected?

Have City or Chelsea ever signed a player using this buy-out clause? The Costa deal would have met the same difficulties, unless Atletico Madrid accepted a bid for the same fee as the release clause. That deal hasn't been finalised either.

Well said. So many drama queens in here!

Cantonarightboot

Yes, apologies for being positive and not crying like a spoiled drama queen. I know that's not allowed in here.

ah don't get me wrong but SSN is comical! the amount of crap they talk they are bound to get it right sometimes!

It looks positive, but then again so did it too last summer... I hate the transfer window and 99% the stories are just that... no truth to them at all! So until he is posing for photos with utd jersey held up... take nothing for granted!

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
The whole point is that he's breaking his contract to come to United. Once he's made Bilbao aware of that, and has paid the compensation fee, which he reportedly has done, then he's breached his contract and can talk to us if he wants.
well are we sure the fee has been paid? if it so cut and dry why wasnt it announced?

i dunno what happening exacly, no one seems to, but thier is some kind of hold up, and at the moment it seems pretty clear that he is currently still a bilbao player, so we should respect that.

Cina

ah don't get me wrong but SSN is comical! the amount of crap they talk they are bound to get it right sometimes!

It looks positive, but then again so did it too last summer... I hate the transfer window and 99% the stories are just that... no truth to them at all! So until he is posing for photos with utd jersey held up... take nothing for granted!
how many more times, it's not SSN. Cooper was just talking to them. He's an extremely reliable source when it comes to Utd.

Cina sucks

On probation. Man Utd'll Never Walk Alone

I never take anything for granted mate. I'm just working with the evidence at hand here - and everything points to the lad signing for United.

He didn't travel to Carrington and successfully pass a medical, plus agree personal terms last time. Basically, we've done this transfer the wrong way round is all! :lol:

BW.k

No im pointing out that most of us are a bunch of hypocrites plus i don't think hes worth it.

To the other guy asking why i don't think hes worth it, i follow la liga every week and although he hes by far above average his passing is just pure sloppy and he loses the ball a lot. Still doesn't create much chances from midfield (what we actually need) and isn't really a full defensive midfielder also. hes just another jack of all trades master of none. We got Rooney for that already.
His passing stats aren't accurate because of the system that Bilbao plays. They press high up the pitch and Herrera prefers to play a lot of risky passes which can lead to goalscoring opportunities. I think its a good sign. We moan about Cleverley when all he does is play safe and gets around 90% passing accuracy and now when we're finally signing a midfielder who's brave in his game we're complaining about his passing accuracy.
Like you've said before he's surely not worth the price that we're paying but I'd rather overpay then miss out on yet another target.

Roux

Why did we bother going for Herrera? Surely he would have known it could be complicated
So was the RVP transfer but we pulled it off and reaped the rewards. He's a good player this Herrera - worth all this hassle imo.

Shark

@NotShark
So was the RVP transfer but we pulled it off and reaped the rewards. He's a good player this Herrera - worth all this hassle imo.
SAF said himself and Wengers phone conversations went on for months on end. I'm sure that was complicated as hell. :lol:

Cantonarightboot

how many more times, it's not SSN. Cooper was just talking to them. He's an extremely reliable source when it comes to Utd.

This time last year we had Guillem Ballega tell us it was a done deal... He too is a respected journalist, got that wrong!

Sky sports journalists or not, these things can easily fall apart for many reasons... just being patient myself about it.

Cina

This time last year we had Guillem Ballega tell us it was a done deal... He too is a respected journalist, got that wrong!

Sky sports journalists or not, these things can easily fall apart for many reasons... just being patient myself about it.
:lol:

Kazi

Catching up on everything that happened this morning. All we've discovered is that the people at Athletic are WUMs. :lol:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Balague is useless. Remember when Falcao was a done deal for us? He knows feck all.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Yes, apologies for being positive and not crying like a spoiled drama queen. I know that's not allowed in here.
Derek is woodwoods cheerleader :)

But yeah we're comfortable he's signing. Not seen him so will be good to see him in pre season, especially with so many of the first team being available to play

Oneunited26

I was just responding to someone who said he may have to pay the fee more than expected, I just said why did we bother? If he knew this was going to happen. For me I just want united to sign a CM player, a top class one is badly needed. Heck we need 2 and we have not wrapped up the one of the 2 yet, which could be a worry as we reach July 1st

Hojoon

Marca article today:

Ander Herrera's move to Manchester United is about to become a fact. The as yet Athletic player will sign for five seasons with Louis Van Gaal's team. Firstly, however, he must deposit the €36 million stipulated in his buyout clause with the Professional Football League (LFP). United wanted to avoid the hassles of sending a cheque to the LFP, proposing a simple loan deal, but the idea was met with the rotund and vehement 'no' from the Basque club.

United left the player high and dry last August after it first seemed the club was willing to pay the rescission clause amount. This time round, things look a lot more promising.

To start with, Herrera has travelled to Manchester – something he didn't do last summer. Also, the deal drawn up that (to be announced very soon) includes the midfielder chipping in to buy his freedom. He will not have to do so up front, but will have it taken out of his new salary -a lot more than he has been getting with Athletic- according to the British press, between €60,000 and €110,000 a week.

Athletic, meanwhile, have made an official announcement explaining that, "we wish to communicate that the club has this week rejected an offer made by Manchester United, set at €36 million, to buy the federal and economic rights of Ander Herrera."

I'm guessing the bolded part is the complications issue. It should be sorted out soon enough.

Roux

I was just responding to someone who said he may have to pay the fee more than expected, I just said why did we bother? If he knew this was going to happen. For me I just want united to sign a CM player, a top class one is badly needed. Heck we need 2 and we have not wrapped up the one of the 2 yet, which could be a worry as we reach July 1st
If he joins Barca (who are reportedly interested in him too) and has a good season with them - i'm sure you'll be saying: why didn't we bother. My point being that good players are worth the effort, the club would surely have prepared for all of this and working at it.

Annahnomoss

Marca article today:

Ander Herrera's move to Manchester United is about to become a fact. The as yet Athletic player will sign for five seasons with Louis Van Gaal's team. Firstly, however, he must deposit the €36 million stipulated in his buyout clause with the Professional Football League (LFP). United wanted to avoid the hassles of sending a cheque to the LFP, proposing a simple loan deal, but the idea was met with the rotund and vehement 'no' from the Basque club.

United left the player high and dry last August after it first seemed the club was willing to pay the rescission clause amount. This time round, things look a lot more promising.

To start with, Herrera has travelled to Manchester – something he didn't do last summer. Also, the deal drawn up that (to be announced very soon) includes the midfielder chipping in to buy his freedom. He will not have to do so up front, but will have it taken out of his new salary -a lot more than he has been getting with Athletic- according to the British press, between €60,000 and €110,000 a week.

Athletic, meanwhile, have made an official announcement explaining that, "we wish to communicate that the club has this week rejected an offer made by Manchester United, set at €36 million, to buy the federal and economic rights of Ander Herrera."

I'm guessing the bolded part is the complications issue. It should be sorted out soon enough.
We are paying 36 millions for him?

Oneunited26

If he joins Barca (who are reportedly interested in him too) and has a good season with them - i'm sure you'll be saying: why didn't we bother. My point being that good players are worth the effort, the club would surely have prepared for all of this and working at it.
I know that, my point was for them to feck around and say we are not going to pay it, really does say it all about the clubs inept performances tieing down top players

Enigma_87

You know who
Sending a check? Really? I highly doubt that is how transactions are made for 36m euros...

Juan't Mata

People getting "embarrassed" and worked up about a minor hiccup in a transfer thats on the verge of completion, 48 hours after it even was made public, need to give themselves a good hard slap. There's no pleasing some people.

Enigma_87

You know who

Agreed Last 2 clubs that did business with Bilbao (Juve and Bayern) had huge issues. And the latter are Germans as well...

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Agreed Last 2 clubs that did business with Bilbao (Juve and Bayern) had huge issues. And the latter are Germans as well...
Didn't Juve have to wait a whole extra year to get Llorente?

Moonred

Didn't Juve have to wait a whole extra year to get Llorente?
We've already waited for a year since the last deadline day and yes think Llorente was done ages before he actually went to Juve. Atleast from the Jan window till the next season if not a whole year.

Zii

Someone give me an update, it's not falling through is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.