Ander Herrera is a Manchester United Player!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallengt

V poor and embarrassing again why do City Chelsea etc not have these issues?

Seems to me that Woodward is out of his depth and either needs help or needs to go.
Because Basque club, Bilbao doesn't sell their stars, that's their club's policy. They ain't Arsenal so unless Herrera goes full retard like Llorente did, the only option left is to pay the buy-out/release clause. I don't see what's the problem here, we secured De Gea' deal pretty fast, didn't we? But this isn't the same case.

devil in me

This is not poor, or embarrassing. Bloody hell, it was only announced a couple of days ago that we were going to sign him. These things take time, especially with buyout clauses and legal issues being involved. This will be done by the end of the weekend, probably sooner, which is quicker then the Mata transfer and quicker than Diego Costa's move to Chelsea. Its happening, don't panic.

Werder Herzog

Now Old James Ducker was a fine old man
Washed his face in a fryin' pan
Combed his hair with a wagon wheel
And died with a toothache in his heal

Get out the way, Old James Ducker
Your're too late to get your supper
Get out the way, Old James Ducker
You're too late to get your supper

Interval

Level
Why don't Glazer's just force a buddy bank to loan the money to Hererra through a shell company in a non-tax jurisdiction. Then United "invests" 37mn EUR in that company which is eventually written off as diminution in investments?

Roux

Have to say - Bilbao have done a great job in turning other clubs off their players, mission accomplished for them i'd imagine.

dsch

How is it a low, exactly? If I want to buy something you don't want to sell, but that I can take against your will if a certain stipulation is met, and you want to be seen to not be selling, would you accept or reject a bid?

It's face saving from Bilbao, and a statement being made. "We don't sell our players. If you want them, then go down the contract breaching route".

Our bid was a mere formality, allowing them to have the option of accepting or rejecting, but knowing that if they rejected we'd have the more complicated route to still make the transfer happen. It's not a standard "bid x amount and we have to sell him to you" buy-out clause.
I'm just saying that it makes for a depressingly predictable headline. I'm traumatised, okay?

Jev

Have to say - Bilbao have done a great job in turning other clubs off their players, mission accomplished for them i'd imagine.
Wouldn't say that. It's June and we're about to complete the deal. They've dragged it out maybe one or two days in the end. Not that bad.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Yes but the down payment was only to secure first option on his signing or something along those lines. I remember him emphasising at the time that he wasn't saying we would sign Falcao, just that we were interested.
I agree with you: he never said United were going to sign him.

The Neviller

well are we sure the fee has been paid? if it so cut and dry why wasnt it announced?

i dunno what happening exacly, no one seems to, but thier is some kind of hold up, and at the moment it seems pretty clear that he is currently still a bilbao player, so we should respect that.
Sources who have been reliable from the start of this, and actually broke the news of the deal even taking place, have said that the money has been lodged and the only hold up is legal/paperwork issues. So it does look like the contract breaching has taken place.

ManUtd43vr

Stop being lazy. Go back a few pages. It's been explained a thousand times over and over and over.

And over and over yet again
:D
Alright, I will read them when I am on the potty.

Something to do with Bilbao being reluctant to give the go ahead to sell an home grown Basque player.
Ohh thanks! It's a buyout clause, isn't it? This cannot happen.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Don't understand why Bilbao needed to be such tight cnuts about this whole deal. If they played it well and accepted the money directly from United they could have sneaked in a friendly to open the new stadium for them.

Roux

Wouldn't say that. It's June and we're about to complete the deal. They've dragged it out maybe one or two days in the end. Not that bad.
Well we don't know the ins and outs of the deal - whether we've had to pay more than what we planned, and above all the deal is still NOT confirmed yet.

beardsleybob

Because Basque club, Bilbao doesn't sell their stars, that's their club's policy. They ain't Arsenal so unless Herrera goes full retard like Llorente did, the only option left is to pay the buy-out/release clause. I don't see what's the problem here, we secured De Gea' deal pretty fast, didn't we? But this isn't the same case.
Different club too to be fair....

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
Don't understand why Bilbao needed to be such tight cnuts about this whole deal. If they played it well and accepted the money directly from United they could have sneaked in a friendly to open the new stadium for them.
They want to be seen as strong and they are odd.

But this shit must sour any club wanting to buy a Bilbao player in the future.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Delightit with this buy. One of my favorites.

Can't wait for august.

The Neviller

I'm just saying that it makes for a depressingly predictable headline. I'm traumatised, okay?
Depressing predictable headline?

"Manchester United sign Spanish midfielder after relatively straight forward legal wrangle"

Depressing. And predictable.

Status
Not open for further replies.